May Roll Call

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Expectant MoMs:
How far along are you?
Do you know the genders?
Do you have names picked out?
How are you feeling?
What was the last thing you bought for babies?

New MoMs:
How old are your LOs?
What's something new they are doing?
How are things going?
If you have other children, how are they adjusting?
What are you looking forward to this spring?

MoMs:
How old are your LOs?
How do your LOs get along?
Are your LOs best friends and/or worst enemies?
Do you have any Spring activities scheduled with/for the LOs?

Feel free to share pics of your LOs or belly shots

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

May 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
New MoMs:
How old are your LOs? 3 weeks tomorrow
What's something new they are doing? nothing yet lol
How are things going? I am living, that's all I got!
If you have other children, how are they adjusting? really well!
What are you looking forward to this spring? sleep I hope.
May 3rd, 2011, 04:28 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Expectant MoMs:
How far along are you? 34 weeks, 3 days
Do you know the genders? a boy and a girl
Do you have names picked out? Yep, Noah Joseph and Abigail Grace
How are you feeling? Actually pretty good. I am just starting to get really exhausted. Grocery shopping on saturday about did me in, and I had DH along to push the cart and do all the heavy lifting. By the time we got back to the car, he just let me sit while he loaded the car (so nice ) . My feet are swelling too when I don't get them up enough at work. I really can't complain though. To be this far along, still able to work, and having no major issues (let's hope it stays that way after my appt today)
What was the last thing you bought for babies? car seats. The ones we wanted were backordered and I was getting a little worried, but they shipped and we got them Friday That was the one thing we absolutely HAD to get still before the babies got here. There is a lot of little stuff we need that I expect I will get at my baby showers in the next 2 weeks, but we HAD to have the car seats.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
May 3rd, 2011, 05:00 AM
mommabirdof4
Expectant MoMs:
How far along are you? 31 weeks 3 days

Do you know the genders? Yes, two boys!

Do you have names picked out? Yes, Cole Ryan and Corbin Riley

How are you feeling? Ugh, Pretty exhausted and worn out. I had a rough weekend and ended up in L&D due to dehydration...but I am doing better now. Just counting down to our goal of 36 weeks...only 32 days left!!!

What was the last thing you bought for babies? Last night we bought the last of the stuff we needed to get until the boys are here. Got some bottles, new changing pad, some blankets and some clothes. Going to put together our bags today if I feel up to it.
May 3rd, 2011, 06:11 AM
Super Mommy
Expectant MoMs:
How far along are you? 14 weeks tomorrow
Do you know the genders? not yet, hopefully getting a peek next wednesday!! crossing our fingers for girls lol
Do you have names picked out? nope lol we have a loooong list we still have to narrow. SO says it will be easier once we find out what we are having so hopefully we will have names soon lol
How are you feeling? I'm pretty ok, I can't complain since I'm only 14 weeks along lol but I get restless leg at night and toss and turn during sleep but that's it so far.. looking forward to the later months
What was the last thing you bought for babies? I have bought NOTHING yet! I'm going crazy! I want to know what we are having sooo bad so I can start collecting stuff! we are moving into a new place June 1st so we are collecting furniture for the place right now. I can't wait to start getting the nursery together. and we have 2 toddlers that we need to set a room up for lol so much to do but we have time

May 3rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Expectant MoMs:
How far along are you? 30 weeks 5 days
Do you know the genders? Boy/Girl
Do you have names picked out? Dalton and Dakota, if DH doesn't change his mind.
How are you feeling? I feel full term. Getting uncomfortable and all I want to do is lay down. Also very short of breath.
What was the last thing you bought for babies? Diapers and the crib and mattress. I had my 1st shower on Saturday and got half of the stuff I still needed. I still have a few main things left to get but I also have 1 more shower next Saturday. So I will be finishing up my shopping after that.

Last edited by Austinsmama2007; May 3rd, 2011 at 07:11 AM.
May 3rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
MoMs:
How old are your LOs? almost 10 months
How do your LOs get along? very well
Are your LOs best friends and/or worst enemies? they are each others shadows
Do you have any Spring activities scheduled with/for the LOs? just planning their 1 yr bday party in July. No other special plans. Just so hard with 3.

May 3rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
New MoMs:
How old are your LOs? Emma and Ellie are 5 weeks old
What's something new they are doing? They aren't doing anything new yet, just the normal eating, sleeping, and pooping
How are things going? Things are going well. Everyone at my church is amazed at how well I've adjusted to being a mom to twins. I think it has something to do with the fact that we adopted them instead of me going through labor and delivery. The house is messier than it used to be, but that can always wait, the mess isn't going anywhere.
If you have other children, how are they adjusting? The boys are adjusting pretty well. Our younger boy is having a little hard time with not being able to cuddle with me as much, but he's doing fine.
What are you looking forward to this spring? I'm looking forward to the girls being awake more of the day and to see what color their eyes will be. So far we are thinking they are going to be blue.

This was them on Easter:

May 3rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
Veteran
New MoMs:
How old are your LOs? 7 months this week

What's something new they are doing? working on sitting up- getting there.

How are things going? Getting easier every day! Now that they are eating and I'm not nursing all the time there is way more freedom. They are sleeping better too. Still wish I had four arms though!

If you have other children, how are they adjusting? just got these guys.

What are you looking forward to this spring? Getting out without having to bundle up! It's already warm here and it's soo much easier to just pop em in the carseats without tons of layers. Can't wait till they sit up so we can have picnics and sit outside on a blanket.
May 4th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
MoMs:
How old are your LOs? They are 22 months!! I can't beleive it!!
How do your LOs get along? They get along some days, some days fight
Are your LOs best friends and/or worst enemies? Both!
Do you have any Spring activities scheduled with/for the LOs? We want to go to the zoo again and recently took them to the baseball game. We like to play outside and go to the park.

New pics:
Braeden with his new swimgear:

Jamison with his new swimgear:

Patrick with his cousin's hat:

I love their little tootsie's in their flip flops!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
May 5th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I registered about a month ago, but had to re-register, so here I am again :S

Expectant MoMs:
How far along are you? almost 25 weeks
Do you know the genders? identical girls!
Do you have names picked out? getting there
How are you feeling? Don't ask and I won't complain! lol Feeling rather enormous and uncomfortable..
What was the last thing you bought for babies? cribs
May 5th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Veteran
How far along are you? 10 weeks
Do you know the genders? not yet
Do you have names picked out? not yet, waiting to find out the genders
How are you feeling? terrible. i'm vomiting every day, i can't wait for the first trimester to be over.
What was the last thing you bought for babies? nothing yet, i'm going to try to catch some summer yard sales to supplement what i have for my older baby.
May 5th, 2011, 06:57 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
New MoMs:

How old are your LOs? They will be 8 weeks on Saturday.
What's something new they are doing? Tristan has started smiling. Abby has started having colic.
How are things going? They are going better than I was originally expecting. The new screaming fits can be overwhelming but on the whole they are just really charming individuals.
If you have other children, how are they adjusting? No other kids.
What are you looking forward to this spring? Real smiles! Giggles. Getting to know their personalities.

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

May 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How old are your LOs? 5 months old
What's something new they are doing? Malia has just started to roll over and Madelyn has finally found her voice. They are starting to interact with each other and "talk". It is definitely getting more fun to see how they respond to one another.
How are things going? Pretty good. They still occasionally wake for a feeding once a night but most of the time they STTN. Their schedules are pretty much in-sync as well. So we're getting into the groove of things... for now anyway.
If you have other children, how are they adjusting? Olivia has her good days and her bad days. She still craves attention (what toddler wouldn't?) but she ADORES her baby sisters. Almost too much. lol. She does love to help and now that the girls are bigger and sturdier I'm not as afraid to have her help me feed a baby.
What are you looking forward to this spring? Nicer weather so I can take the kids outside! I'm still waiting for it. lol. Typically it should be in the 70s here by now, but most days it has been in the 50s. I'm hoping the rainy/cold weather quits soon. I need some Vitamin D!
May 6th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Expectant MoMs:
How far along are you? I'm 14 weeks
Do you know the genders? not yet
Do you have names picked out? have a few vague choices: roslyn, emily anne, lincoln, not doing too well on boy names yet
How are you feeling? over being sick, now on to deathly tired. making it through the work day is horrendous
What was the last thing you bought for babies? nothing! i'm too scared that something will happen and then i'll have all of this stuff! when does the worry get better?
May 6th, 2011, 06:20 AM
TwoPeasinAPod's Avatar Veteran
Expectant MoMs
How far along are you? 22 weeks
Do you know the genders? Baby A is a Girl Baby B is a Boy
Do you have names picked out? Audrey & Ashton
How are you feeling? I feel horrible if I am standing up to long while getting contractions but at least I wake up feeling good . Its just at the end of the day that I get most of my pains..
What was the last thing you bought for babies? We have bought a lot so far.. Since all my kids have been Early- Just want to be prepared. The last thing was clothes at Gymboree.
May 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MoMs:
How old are your LOs? 26 mos actual, 23 mos adjusted
How do your LOs get along? fight, cry, share, repeat
Are your LOs best friends and/or worst enemies? best friends
Do you have any Spring activities scheduled with/for the LOs? just lots of camping planned, its gonna be a great camping season now that they're walking!
May 6th, 2011, 11:11 PM
LittleGirl+TwinBoys's Avatar Stay At Home Mommy of 3
I know I don't post in here much but I thought I would say I am still here, mostly lurking though

MoMs:
How old are your LOs? Caden and Cole are 2.5
How do your LOs get along? When it is just the two of them they are great, when big sister is with them most of the time one plays with bog sister while the other plays with toys or DH and I
Are your LOs best friends and/or worst enemies? Most days best friends. They can be enemies but it seems to go out the window just as fast as it starts.
Do you have any Spring activities scheduled with/for the LOs? We are wanting to get them into soccer but it is looking like we messed the deadline for their age group. Other then that nothing planned yet but I am thinking potty training and swimming lessons.

Thanks to Vicki... 4 my beautiful siggy !!

[/CENTER]
May 9th, 2011, 08:01 AM
mudd1118's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
New MoMs:

How old are your LOs? 5 months

What's something new they are doing? Jonah's two bottom teeth came through this past week... He also just figured out how to jump in his jumperoo and loves it! Jacob has started grabbing for everything and trying to figure out what it is he's holding - he has become very aware of what you have and what you're doing with it (at lunch yesterday he grabbed at my glass of water and tried to suck through the straw)... Jacob is a pro at rolling onto it tummy and will now scoot towards something he sees that he wants.

How are things going? It has been a rough week with Jonah teething, but overall things are going really well. I have been a "single mom" for 3 months now and I still haven't gone crazy (and have only called for help once - and that was in the first week!). DH comes home on vacation next week so I'm looking forward to having him home for a few days.

What are you looking forward to this spring? beautiful weather, lots of time outside, taking the boys to their first ball game and making their first trip to the zoo

Jonah, 5 months:

Jacob, 5 months:

Mother's Day:

May 9th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd1118 View Post
How are things going? It has been a rough week with Jonah teething, but overall things are going really well. I have been a "single mom" for 3 months now and I still haven't gone crazy (and have only called for help once - and that was in the first week!). DH comes home on vacation next week so I'm looking forward to having him home for a few days.
Way to go. The single mom thing with twins is hard. I only do it for a week at a time, so I can't imagine 3 months. You must be doing an amazing job if you've only called for help once. I'm usually fine, but did call for help the last time DH was gone. We had a horrible week I've never called for help except for that time, but my kiddos were older when he starting traveling.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search