Maternity clothing

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alright , I am wearing a size 1 xlg right now .. My question is did you guys buy 2 sizes bigger to make sure they fit the whole pregnancy. I hate it when my tummy sticks out or the band of my shorts show.... My 1xl is fitting up top but is getting short because of my belly sticking out !!lol .. Thanks
May 12th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I normally wear between a 2X and a 3X for regular cothes. With my maternity stuff I erred on the side of caution and bought most of it 3X (the couple of shirts I bought 2X because that was all they had do still fit, but they are getting close to the end of their life). Then again some of my 3X shirts are still HUGE, so I think it depends on styles. The pants were even harder to figure out. The 2X ones started digging into the belly early and one of the 3X ones is just about fitting finally where I dont worry about them falling down ... uggh! I will tell you my favorite of all the pants/shorts I have are the ones from motherhood maternity that have the "Secret Fit Belly" I bought those I think in 3X (so erring on the side of caution) and they fit great when I first starting wearing them around 16 weeks and still feel incredibly comfortable now at almost 36 weeks. They are the only ones that have really stretched with me and don't have any seams that dig into me.

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Last edited by Rae-of-Sunshine; May 12th, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
May 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i bought clothes that fit. I was told they would grow 30 pounds. I want to feel pretty at this point in my pregnancy even if i have to buy bigger clothes later on.
May 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was lucky and my neighbor gave me 2 huge tubs full of maternity clothes. I had a few small things and quickly grew out of them. By the end, I was easily wearing large shirts. My belly hung out of most things, but I spent most of my time at home, so I didn't care. I hated pants with the band that went around my bump. I always wore the elastic under, especially when I got so big that the band got tight.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

May 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm normally a 1x or 2x size person.. With maternity clothes for the twins.. at the end.. I just bought some cheap plus size shirts from Wal-mart in a 5x... yes.. I said FIVE! I need that big just to cover my belly! LOL..

I also wore the pants that had the elastic.. under my belly.. nothing would fit over it.. if it did.. it would just keep sliding down.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
May 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I had a few small things and quickly grew out of them. By the end, I was easily wearing large shirts.
This is where I am as well. I grew out of my small sizes so fast and my mediums are getting tight. I just put the word out in my community that I need size large clothes and am hoping someone comes through! Even then I wonder if I'll have to go up another size...

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
May 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started in a medium and ended in an XL. at the end I couldn't find pants that fit either way. They were always too tight or too big. 2 days before I ended up on hospital bedrest I bought a pair that finally fit. I was so mad because I never got to wear them out. I still wore them in the hospital room.

May 12th, 2011, 06:49 PM
My little secret is that I've been wearing short dresses as shirts for the past couple of months I hate worrying whether or not my belly is going to stick out every time I bend over or move, so I like to wear them long - and at this point, that's about the only way I can get a long enough "shirt." I've bought a couple of maternity dresses, but normally just shop in regular stores; short, tight-fitting dresses are pretty in here, so they're easy to find and work wonderfully
May 12th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
I have only bought 3 tshirts so far and they are mediums from target. just plain maternity tshirts. they fit perfectly right now but I'm so worried about this big twin belly that I am too scared to buy anything until I grow more! I have no clue how big I'll get.. all my old maternity stuff is for the winter so I need all new clothes.

pants are a different story... I have one size 8 maternity capris from target but they definitely wont fit for very much longer lol I do have one size medium pair of jeans from motherhood maternity that are big right now so I will grow into them but I'm not going to be wanting to wear jeans much longer! I am thinking about buying maternity dresses for the summer but again, I have no clue what size I'll be or what to get! so I've been procrastinating on buying things.
Bleh

May 12th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone !! I think I am just going to go up a size. not to worried about shorts yet ,, I am hoping to just gain in the tummy,but we all know that does not always happen !!!!

RIght now I am 26 weeks and The next few weeks is when the babies really start growing .. SO I am sure my 1 xl will not fit anymore !!!!!
May 13th, 2011, 12:05 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
I just went up one size. I loved the secret belly band jeans and shorts from MM. In the beginning I didn't like how big the band was, but then once I started getting bigger I loved them. They were soooo comfortable. I pretty much looked like a picture my entire pregnancy wearing the same thing over and over again, but I was comfortable and that is all I cared about. JCP has some cute maternity clothes and they aren't expensive and have good sales. I ended up donating all my maternity stuff to the pregnancy crisis center since I'm DONE.

May 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I highly reccommend dresses!

By 31 weeks, I had a pair of shorts, a shirt and a dress that fit me. Since I was on bedrest my belly hung out when home!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
October 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Well, my twins are already here.. but I can tell you the best advice I ever got when I was pregnant was to only buy maternity clothes that are made for twins. There are several brands available, and some are not that expensive (same price as regular maternity clothes). Don't even bother trying to stuff your belly in regular maternity clothes- they just won't fit after 6-7 months. The one brand I wore the most were called For Multiples, but I think there are other brands also. Good luck mommies-to-be! Twins are such a blessing!
October 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I was pg with the twins I wore my regular size (s) in maternity. I never gained anywhere except my tummy and boobs (thankfully!). I bought used stuff as well, so it never cost me a fortune thank god.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search