anyone else miserable?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
so i'm only 15 weeks, and have gained only 5 lbs, but i am horribly miserable and really huge. i was this size at 8 months the first time around. my first pregnancy was awesome, and while i know this one will be different, i can barely make it through the day at work. by lunch i am DONE. my back hurts, my hips/pelvis hurts, i have a headache, i can't sleep, i hate my job, hate my chair, can't stand my mother in law.....

will it ever get better, i'm afraid that i won't be able to work full time until babies, and i am frustrated that no one really understands how bad i feel or how afraid i am that it will get worse.

sorry for the rant !
May 17th, 2011, 09:10 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Sorry to say that it only gets worse. Hang in there and have your OB or peri put you on bedrest so you don't have to work. Once you get further along and with summer coming the only thing you are going to want to do is lay down with your feet up with a good book or good tv.

May 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Super Mommy
you're so lucky you've only gained 5lbs!!! I'll be 16w tomorrow and i've gained at least 15lbs (I had gained 12lbs at my appt on the 9th)
I feel the same though. I'm just always tired and have no energy for anything. my 2yr old is driving me insane!!!! I feel so bad. I work too but on tuesdays I go in at 4, by then I don't want to do anything. I'm a dog groomer so I have a very physical job, it sucks! I'm not looking forward to getting bigger lol

May 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know many people who are able to work full-time with twins up until the babies are born, unless they were born early. I took off in month 7 and at that point it was an effort for me to even take a shower every day, much less to cook anything or keep up with household chores. I even stopped going to church because an hour sitting straight up was too hard on my pelvis. I also had a fairly easy pregnancy with minimal complications, and I gained about 70 lbs.

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

May 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
those aren't the right answers!!! you're supposed to say that any second now it will get soo much better and i'll have lots of energy....

i'm trying to make my husband understand how hard this is and that we need to get some things straight just in case, maybe i'll let him read this thread. thanks fo ryour support, it's so nice to have forums like this
May 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not miserable yet emotionally I'm struggling because I look like I'm about 6mo pg. I'm used to carrying small, not getting into maternity clothes until 6mo...not this time! I'm trying to give myself pep talks, tell myself this is normal and OK, embrace my weight/size rather than feel dismay...sometimes it works. Mostly I'm trying to remind myself that this is a whole new thing and everything I've known and is familiar to me with pregnancy, L&D will be different; that is unnerving because I no longer feel like a seasoned pro but a newbie all over again.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
May 17th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I am the odd-ball out here, because I have had a fairly easy pregnancy. I have gained about 24 lbs total. In the last 3-4 weeks it has gotten very tiring to do much walking, and bending or lifting my legs up is hard, but really those are my only complaints. I didn't even think I looked pregnant until I was 20-some weeks. I am over 36 weeks and still working, though after my appt today (I will post about it elsewhere), I think I am going to take it a bit easier and try to work half days and come home and put my feet up the other half. Everyone is different though, so if your body is telling you to take it easy ... then take it easy!!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
May 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
so far my first tri was harder then the second. i have my energy back and have started to nest.

hang in there!
May 18th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hate to say that you won't feel any better then further along you get. I will be 33 weeks tomorrow and every day there seems to be a new ache or pain. And I am not officially on bed rest as of Monday. But even laying in bed for long periods of time I hurt....like my legs, hips, stomach etc. I just keep focusing on the end result though to get me through. Hang in there mama!

May 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
Wish I can say it got easier too, but.... Some weeks are better than others (I think 35wks was by far the worst, I cried everyday) heck some hours were better than others, you just find was you can do to survive and hang on...its all worth it in the end!

May 18th, 2011, 10:11 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i never was really miserable. I was uncomfortable. I didn't get super uncomfortable until I was sleeping on a hospital bed for the last part. I also had a super easy for the most part uneventful pregnancy. I did stop working at 27 weeks because it was really hard to stand all day and it wasn't really fair to the people I was working with that I need to take all the extra breaks and sit down. It basically made it so they had to do the job of two people when I was there. I don't think they minded though since it wasn't like I was didn't have a reason for it. THe good thing about not working was it didn't matter if I didn't sleep at night because I could catch up during the day. At the end I slept for about 2 hour then awake for about 2 hours. I did that for about the last 4 weekish.

May 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It does get more uncomfortable but working until the end is possible! I worked until the day before my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks. I was uncomfortable but not miserable. AND I was huge. The only time it gets better is after the babies are born (sorry )... then you experience a whole new sense of what tired is. Hang in there! You are almost half-way there!
May 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I'm 27 weeks now, and my OB warned me a couple weeks ago not to work past 24wks! They said normally they tell twin moms that at between 24 and 26 weeks, being pregnant is your full time job. It made a lot of sense for how I felt! I was dying for the pregancy to be over, but after a scary week (I'll post later) I'm sooo happy for every day that these babies stay in, so I'm sucking up the misery! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search