heartbeats and ultrasound question

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2011, 05:52 AM
so i'm 17 weeks tomorrow; a few weeks ago during my u/s the tech says identical boys, but on the one picture the dr said, dr suggested boy/girl. their heartbeats are almost the same right around 143-145. when i check at home with the doppler it's the same.

i think the u/s tech got a bad picture maybe...but just wondering if any of you that have b/g twins have different heart rates or should i think they are the same sex since hr is same...

my next appt in thursday, but it's impossible not to wonder during the meantime.
May 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
b/g or not there should always be a variation with the heartbeats. You can't be sure that you aren't picking up the same twin if their heartbeats are not about 10 beats apart. (I've spent quite a bit of time in hspt, non stress tests, etc so I'm getting to know the drill A good heart rate is between 130 and 160 and with twins should be about 10 beats difference
May 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In the beginning, my kiddos had very different heart rates. When we were doing NSTs toward the end, they were always very close. It was hard to make sure we had both kids and not one of them twice.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

May 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
My b/g twins' heartrates varried. Most of the time they were different, but once or twice they were actually the same . I don't think heartrates are a good way to determine gender though. Might be an old wives tale?

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

May 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
I have b/b frats and generally they were always within a couple beats of each other, so much so that we did u/s at every appt instead of doppler up until 24+ wks until we could physically tell which baby was where.
I guess I would be more interested to know, if the tech say ID boys, assuming she meant she saw only one placenta and now your OB says b/g, is he thinking the one placenta is fused or another placenta was found?? In any event, sounds like things are going good, KUP!!

May 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My b/g are sometimes the same, and sometimes different. It's really not accurate to go by heartbeats.
May 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine were always 1-3 beats different. They tried and tried with the NSTs but they always were that way so they determined by doing an internal U/S that that was just how they were. So I don't think it matters really. I think it can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. Sorry, didn't help much did I?

May 27th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far my b/g twins have had a little different hb's. Not by much though. The past few NST's they have been fairly close though.

May 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My identical girls' heart rates were always within a few beats from each other. The u/s tech would always have another tech come in to verify and they checked their heart rates at least 3-4 times. My dr. never used a doppler because they were so close.
May 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Super Mommy
My identical boys were always different.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 15th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My identical boys would sometimes have identical heartbeats and other times be off by about 10.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search