not so great appt today..

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't been around much this week because we moved and I just now got internet back, YAY! I've been going crazy without it lol
anyway, I had an appt today with the MFMS.
there are a couple things they are concerned about now, I'm 19weeks today so i thought things would get easier.. ugh no. Babies aren't growing like they should. it's not twin to twin because they are both the same size, measuring 9oz right now which they said was about 5 days behind. he said it's not terrible but it's not what they like to see at this point. I had a feeling something was up with their growth because between the last 2 appts they only gained an oz. 4oz to 5oz but they told me it was still normal at that "early".. but now they are concerned.

Then they saw a cyst on baby B's brain :-/ he said it could be a marker but since my first trimester screening came back with good results he's not completely worried. I declined an amnio anyway because it wouldn't make a difference.. he said 99% of the time they go away so we will just see.

I have a level 2 u/s in 2 weeks to get more info and really hope these babies pick up with their growth speed. I'm so nervous about this pregnancy anyway and this just made it worse.

I had started feeling them a little more too but the last few days wasn't so much. I know people say at this stage it's not regular yet but it's still unnerving.. so now i'm sooo anxious to feel them more to make sure they are growing and moving around. As i sit here typing this i have felt a couple kicks which definitely reassures me but still..

any one else have slow growing babies in the beginning? I'm hoping either the machine was off today or my babies are just small. I had my son at 36w 5d and he was 6lbs so I don't think he would have been big if he was full term.. wishful thinking lol

June 8th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know pregnancy can be scary when things like this come up. Hopefully the babies are doing well and are either just going to be small or their measurements are off some (everyone kept drilling into me that they are just estimates!). I will be keeping you all in my prayers and hoping that the next 2 weeks goes by fast for you before the next appt .... and that the cyst resolves itself too!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
GirlzRock's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As Rae said, they are just estimates. I was also told that my girls were growing slowly and they were guessing that they would be around 3 lbs (when I delivered at 38w) but they ended up being 5lb 4oz and 5lb 10oz. (My single babies were 6lb 5oz, 7lb 7oz and 7lb 9oz). Unless their growth is discordant, I don't think there's a whole lot you can do to fatten them up anyway I remember asking my doc if I should just deliver early since they weren't growing well and he assured me that they were better off inside! You're doing great, just keep growing those babies!

As for the cyst, Choroid Pluxus Cysts really are pretty common (okay, so 3% doesn't sound like that many but my 5 yo had one and she's fine!). Many times, the tech/doc doesn't even mention it to the parents, as they typically resolve themselves. Here's some more info Choroid Plexus Cyst | The Facts About Choroid Plexus Cysts | BabyZone

Sending you lots of P&PT!

Wife to Kris
Mom to FIVE girls! Jade (13), Alexandra (7), Leyna (5) and twins Kira and Kylee!

June 8th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Super Mommy
thank you so much ladies.. I posted this in my DDC too and most of the ladies were saying that 9oz wasn't so bad for 19 weeks anyway so i'm hoping that they are a little bigger in 2 weeks so that the docs don't worry so much.. it's just hard not to worry right when you're told something you weren't expecting.. i'm feeling a lot better about it now :-)

June 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Praying for you that your next appt goes well!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
June 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They told me that my girls had abnormally large heads and short femurs and that they weren't growing well enough. . .at 38 weeks I gave birth two a 6lb7 oz and 6lb7.5oz baby. . . .obviously they were growing just fine. And they are not disproportionate, they're just short (21 percentile for length) lol

Keep growing those babies, you're doing great!
June 9th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will be praying for you and the babes and that the next appt goes well!

June 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't count on the u/s size estimates either. Mine were both supposed to be 8 pounders but were born at 6 lb 11 oz and 5 lb 5 oz, because they were so long and skinny. I think you are doing fine and will really enjoy the level II u/s.

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search