excitement??!!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2011, 06:41 AM
so, i'm having 2 boys! the u/s tech only saw one placenta and there is a thin thin membrane separating the two, but the dr said the actual chance of them being id is very small.

anyway, i'm 20 weeks this week, when did all of you twin moms start to get excited? i'm still scared and freaked out and not ready to shop at all. i'm still worried that something will happen, and we don't know how we are going to make childcare happen, and i'm just tired!!

i have found it difficult to be happy when others wish me well. and there's my mil who constantly makes snarky comments about how my life will be over and we'll never go anywhere and blah blah blah

thanks for letting me rant!
June 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM
nateandjenny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was nervous and excited at the same time most of the time. I started buying little things at 15 weeks... mostly clothes here and there. Didn't buy anything big until after prob 27 weeks.

We are trying to figure out childcare for the fall. It's just soooo expensive! Daycare here is about $300/week for both girls.

Well you can tell your MIL to shove it (not feeling friendly today lol) . We go places most days. All three of us are much happier when we get out several days a week.

Having twins can be rough at times but in the end it is the most amazing thing. I feel very lucky that we have the girls.

June 16th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Super Mommy
I feel the same! I haven't started shopping at all and i'm having a hard time getting excited even though i'm getting there.. I'm 20 weeks now too..I feel like i should start trying to get things together, but i just can't bring myself to start for some reason..

why doesn't your doctor think they are ID? I have identical girls and the docs didn't even question. I have one placenta and a VERY thin membrane between the girls and they automatically said ID.

June 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't buy much at all either until 24-25 weeks or so when we started getting the nursery together. I never did buy much of the cutesy stuff or clothes (and I am glad I didn't because we got WAY more than enough of that at our showers).

As for the mil, she is wrong. If you want to get out, you will get out. We started taking the babies places at less than a week old. They have been at restaurants for club meetings, at fast food places, at church, in stores, for walks, oh and to plenty of mom's appts . No reason not to get yourself out of the house for your sanity as well as theirs. I will admit I am blessed to have DH at home with me (he will be a SAHD when I go back to work next month), so getting out with the two of us makes things a lot easier. Now, we haven't taken them out of their car seats yet when we are out (unless one is fussy and I am holding them), because we think they are too young to be passed around to everyone that wants to hold them yet (I mean at places like church and our club meetings). You will get out though and your life a you know it will not be over. It may take you longer to get ready and take some planning to time outings around feedings, etc ... you can do it though

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 16th, 2011, 06:39 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
and there's my mil who constantly makes snarky comments about how my life will be over and we'll never go anywhere and blah blah blah
lol, you should go out to eat on the way home from the hospital or shopping just to show her! I guess she'll find something else to complain about if she's anything like my family, though.

I haven't bought anything and am not yet excited which sounds terrible but that's just how it is. I am hesitant and freaked out still which a fellow twin mama IRL assures me is normal yet it makes me feel bad. At some point I need to let loose and have fun with this pregnancy or I'll regret it later, I know. But for now I am not even telling people IRL that I'm having twins if they ask when I'm due or what # this is. Not sure what will kick me into embracing this twin pregnancy and am surprised as I always thought it would be different.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
June 19th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I'm 19 weeks, I only have one placenta and the doc is very certain that they will be identical. I have not bought anything. I don't want to hear those negative comments either. I'm already stressed out enough about the pregnancy and then everyone has to add their comments about how much work and money it's going to be.
June 20th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im starting to get excited. I spent 19 weeks freaked out and at my anatomy scann i could see them kicking each other....and yawning...it was amazing.

We have bought a lot of the big things, our family has enjoyed taking us shopping.

I have a fused placenta but fraternal twins. one boy and one girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search