Rash

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I posted about this in my PR too.

The twins have a rash. Their cousin (3 months older) had it first by a day, and they had not all been together in 3 weeks. (I thought it was 2 weeks but sister helped me remember that no, it's been 3! )

Starts in their diaper, looks like diaper rash starting, didn't think much of it. Then within a couple of hours there were bumps, like bug bites only LOTS of them - all in the diaper. Then within another couple of hours all the bumps blistered, and fever.

Today they've slept and been lazy all day, obviously not feeling great. We thought it was fifths disease but the more I look and read and see that the rash is staying in their diaper area and spreading to their limbs - and NOT being on their face hardly at all, though cousin has some bumps on her face too - it's not the "slapped cheek" look at all.

Wondering if it might be chicken pox. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Cousin CaLynn came down with it Friday night, Lynndi on Saturday morning, and Caleb not until Sunday night.

I'm not all about having TWO sick babies every time they get anything. LOL

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 4th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Super Mommy
I would think chicken pox too! did you try the oatmeal baths like we used to do?
awww poor kids.. my son had a weird rash a couple months ago but it was just tiny red bumps all over and it cleared up on it's own and he didn't seem bothered, it was really weird...

I hope it's just chicken pox for your kids and they feel better soon!! I had it when i was like 4 or 5 I think and i remember it being quite annoying!

October 5th, 2011, 02:02 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
My mom never got the oatmeal bath thing right, so I'm not sure how to do it. These babies scream with baths anyway, so I haven't done much of that, but the calamine lotion seems to be working well.

I'm still not 100% sure. 3 weeks to come up with the rash after being exposed seems like a long time for chicken pox, but maybe the virus works a little differently now that the vaccines have been out for a decade. I dunno.

If my 7 and 8yo get it, and none of the rest of us do, I guess I'll know! But I may have to wait 3 whole weeks....

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search