Are you interested...?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
...in a BTDT/new multiple mommies "big sister" type mentoring system?

...in a twins fall costume picture contest?

...new JM multiples board blinkies?

...in entering Top Boards for October?

...a visual chart document keeping track of moms, pregnancies, and babies with stats/ages/milestones?

...some sort of holiday mail exchange?

Thanks for your input!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Hmmm... 23 views and no responses! Must mean no one is interested in any of these things?

C'mon, ladies. I'm a new host, not only in here but my first time ever. Help me out a little? Please? I don't want to post things you care nothing about.

If none of these sounds good but you have some other ideas, I'd love to hear those as well!

Thanks much!

Last edited by dalynnrmc; October 5th, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
October 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol .. ok ok ok ... I will post just so you have a reply. I know how bad it is when no one answers

...in a BTDT/new multiple mommies "big sister" type mentoring system? Sure. I would be happy to sign up to help a new person (not that I have all the answers myself at 4 months, but I know when I first found out I was pregnant with twinsI would probably have loved to have a 'big sister' type person)

...in a twins fall costume picture contest? Sounds cute ... and I would participate maybe next year, but we are not really planning on dressing them up this year. If you have one I will be happy to grin at everyone's pictures and vote

...new JM multiples board blinkies? I am not a blinkie person (as you can see by my siggie) .. I haven't even added the ticker of babies from my Playroom yet, so not really ... though having some sort of blinkie for the board might be good for those who like them. Would help promote the board

...in entering Top Boards for October? I have no idea what this one means

...a visual chart document keeping track of moms, pregnancies, and babies with stats/ages/milestones? Might be nice to have one place where we can see who all is here and when the babies are due or how old they are.

...some sort of holiday mail exchange? Probably not. I like the idea, but my playroom is planning one too, so that is probably enough for me.

Other ideas ... hmmm ... you expect me to think at 1:45 in the morning? I think you are doing great. Maybe a question of the week ... something to get people thinking/talking. Definitely keep up with the preggo mom check-ins periodically. I loved posting updates when I was pregnant, and I will love reading others now. This is not really related to posts here, but I was thinking too that we need to check the new DDC's now and then and if anyone is expecting multiples, let them know about the board here. I tried this last night while I was pumping. I was going to go into one of the new DDC's and do a search for 'twins' to see if any posts came up. That way I could send a more personal invite instead of just a general post (though a general post is not a bad idea too). JM was not cooperating well though. Maybe I will try again now before I am done pumping. Something like that though may be a way to let more people know about us.... cause otherwise this board is buried pretty far down on the list and if you are not looking for it, you may never look this far

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae-of-Sunshine View Post
lol .. ok ok ok ... I will post just so you have a reply. I know how bad it is when no one answers
Sometimes it bothers me, but in a thread like this I really just assume everyone's answers are "um, no thanks..." and they'd rather not say no to the host (especially a new one) so they don't say anything at all. Which is fine! Just wanted to be sure! I'm not even necessarily interested in all of these, but I know they are things some boards do and wanted to find out.

Plus if anyone would really love anything specific that I havent thought of or assumed we were too small of a board to do yet, I'd love some ideas for the idea-stash!

Quote:
...in entering Top Boards for October? I have no idea what this one means
Each board can enter the Top Boards contest each month. Then we are graded on how many people answer the roll call, what percentage of members is active in posting, how many new threads, several of the active threads themselves, increase in membership from the previous month, and things like that. It's based on percentages so the small boards have a shot, too. Maybe closer to the end of this month I'll find the details thread and post it and see if we're interested for November. Basically it means a contest for being an active board in relation to however large or small we are, plus growing! To enter for this month, I think I have to say so by the 15th which is Friday. I figured we'd skip it the first month we have a host but wanted to check in case you all really wanted to try!

Quote:
This is not really related to posts here, but I was thinking too that we need to check the new DDC's now and then and if anyone is expecting multiples, let them know about the board here. I tried this last night while I was pumping. I was going to go into one of the new DDC's and do a search for 'twins' to see if any posts came up. That way I could send a more personal invite instead of just a general post (though a general post is not a bad idea too). JM was not cooperating well though. Maybe I will try again now before I am done pumping. Something like that though may be a way to let more people know about us.... cause otherwise this board is buried pretty far down on the list and if you are not looking for it, you may never look this far
That's a great idea! I've been trying to decide which day each week I'll devote to doing more specific and growing things for this board. Monday nights might actually be my best option. One of the ladies in the host board suggested I check out the Welcome Wagon board for posts there, but I hadn't thought about stalking the new DDC's! Great idea! And thanks for any help! Sounds like you've been keeping an eye out for us. WAhoo!! Exciting stuff!

Thanks again for posting. And bump!

October 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
...in a BTDT/new multiple mommies "big sister" type mentoring system?I would probably be interested in this

...in a twins fall costume picture contest?Sure, I would. I'll just take a pic of me when i roll out of the bed in the morning hahahaha jk

...new JM multiples board blinkies?UMMM yes that would be super duper awesome

...in entering Top Boards for October?Im game for that!!!!

...a visual chart document keeping track of moms, pregnancies, and babies with stats/ages/milestones?This would be a lot of fun to do I think. something new!!!!

...some sort of holiday mail exchange?I would be cool with this

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search