BTDT Mommas!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
What do you think the hardest stage is with the mults? Pregnancy? Maybe the first 6 months, or the second 6 months, or the second year?? Or is the worst yet to come?

Share with us some of your trials and how you were able to get through (or just past!!) those situations. Tell us about a time when you couldn't help but break down, cry, and wonder if you can even "do this", and how you came back to knowing you can. :hugs:

And thank you!!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 9th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My hardest time was by far right after their birth. I was all hormonal and barely sleeping. The first month was beyond hard and I was hallucinating from not sleeping. I couldn't get the girls to sleep at the same time during the day, so I never got a nap. I even tried letting them co-sleep, but they wanted to both be on me and that just didn't work for me with two. I got a lot of help from people since I was drowning and that saved me. Even with help it was hard with two colicky babies.

Our turning point was 9 months. It is still difficult at times and we had a lot of fun before that, but they started sleeping a little better at that point and I got my memory back I don't remember many details before then, so I'm glad I took a ton of pictures and videos. That might have been one of the best tips I got and it came from a Dad of multiples that I used to work with. I'm so glad he suggested going over kill with the video and still camera. There are so many things I would have forgotten without those things.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would have to say at this point it was the first 5 months. Between the girls going to NICU, having to juggle time with them in the hospital and time with my older DD, adjusting to life at home with two babies and a very jealous 3 year old, pumping, night feedings, the girls getting sick all.the.time after starting daycare, them getting so sick with RSV at 3 months, being hospitalized again, having no help, figuring out a routine after starting work, and lack of sleep. I have to admit that when they were younger, I was wishing their babyhood away. Now I wish I would have cherished it longer since they are almost 1.

So ladies who are pregnant, or just had their babies... Try to cherish this time because it will go by sooooooooo fast. They will never be small again.
October 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Thank you for posting ladies!

I've kind of been wondering if the worst isn't yet to come. It was much easier the first 4-6 months than I'd anticipated it being. I have a 12yo who is a ton of help, and MIL came to stay the first month with us so that was great. (She didn't help much with babies but did everything else, like cooking and dishes and laundry, so I was able to concentrate on taking care of just me and the twinsies!)

But now I have less help. I guess people assume or decided I kind of "got it now" and are backing off to let me "do my thing" or something. Right at the time that they're being more mobile and hard to watch. LOL We shall see I suppose!

I do wish I'd had better memory capture available - a camera or something. But I just didn't, and just flat didn't have a way to get anything either. We have a few pics here and there, and Mom has some - she took a ton any time we were together. I know when I go to scrapbook for them I'll mourn the lack of pictures though.

And sleep is still an issue. Looking forward to getting that worked out. >_>

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search