Infant Mommies Check-In!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmmm ... something is acting up, because my reply ended up above your post (at least when I am looking at it).... I will try this again in the morning when I am awake

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Last edited by Rae-of-Sunshine; October 10th, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
October 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Time for some updates and info on mommies whose twins are on their way to a year old!

Username:
First name:
Twins birthday:
Twin names:

Would you be interested in pairing either with a BTDT mommy and/or a new PREG mommy from this board?

Are these your first/only kiddos? What are the names/ages of your others?

Are you active in your PR?
What milestones have your twins hit recently?
What has been the hardest thing about having two infants so far?

Are you going to have a birthday bash? Theme? Is it scheduled, and for when?
Share a recent photo!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Username: Rae-of-Sunshine
First name: Marjorie
Twins birthday: May 19th
Twin names: Noah and Abigail

Would you be interested in pairing either with a BTDT mommy and/or a new PREG mommy from this board? I would love to pair with a new pregnant mommy

Are these your first/only kiddos? What are the names/ages of your others? These are our first

Are you active in your PR? Yes
What milestones have your twins hit recently? They are just learning to roll over, and they just started on pureed foods (so far bananas and sweet potatoes are a hit)
What has been the hardest thing about having two infants so far? Oh gosh, hmmm ... probably two screaming babies at once when they don't want to be consoled and you only have 2 hands.

Are you going to have a birthday bash? Theme? Is it scheduled, and for when? We still have a while to go before we have to think about that.

Share a recent photo!

This one is titled "Yum ... bananas"

]
October 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Ugh, yeah the boards are messing up here and there since they came back up this last week. Thanks for pointing it out in the first reply so people know to keep scrolling. LOL

and I LOVE that picture! How adorable are they! Aren't you blessed to have two Bumbos! I bet you use them all the time. LOL We used ours for a feeding chair in the early days also. We only had one though, borrowed from a cousin. It was pink so I have pics of Caleb in a pink Bumbo. I dunno if I've seen pics of Noah and Abigail yet! They are so smooshable!!

Noah was on our short list for a name, too. My 7yo came up with Lynndi's name, and my 8yo really wanted to name the baby boy. The name he came up with was Noah but I had a thing in my brain I couldn't get past so I just couldn't. (One of those silly things. Don't wanna ruin it so I won't share. Just my own brain has issues sometimes. HA!) LOL He cried. Ah well, I don't think he even remembers now. But I do love the name!!

Thanks for posting!

October 11th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
Aren't you blessed to have two Bumbos! I bet you use them all the time.!
Very blessed! It makes feeding SO much easier with the two of them. We bougt them both used, and if I can keep them in good shape I hope to turn around and be able to sell them for about what I bought them for They are also great computer seats. DH and I routinely sit one in a bumbo in front of us on the table, facing the computer. Then we put our arms around the bumbo to use the keyboard. This keeps the baby happy for a bit, because they are close to mom or dad and lets us get whatever we need done on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
Noah was on our short list for a name, too. My 7yo came up with Lynndi's name, and my 8yo really wanted to name the baby boy. The name he came up with was Noah but I had a thing in my brain I couldn't get past so I just couldn't. (One of those silly things. Don't wanna ruin it so I won't share. Just my own brain has issues sometimes. HA!)
I understand. There are certain names that either just make you think something, or remind you of someone, etc. Caleb was on our list too when we thought Abigail might be a second boy. We were leaning towards Caleb or Joel, but hadn't settled on anything

]
October 11th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Super Mommy
Username: Again Alternamom but I want to change it
First name: Jessica
Twins birthday: September 21st!!!
Twin names: Kenley Jane and Keely Rae

Would you be interested in pairing either with a BTDT mommy and/or a new PREG mommy from this board? SURE!

Are these your first/only kiddos? What are the names/ages of your others? I have a 2.5yr old son Hayden and my SO has a 3yr old son Trystan.. yup 4 kids under 3 now!

Are you active in your PR? for the most part
What milestones have your twins hit recently? umm the only thing we've had is Keely came home on sunday.. she's doing awesome but Kenley still needs to take her bottles..
What has been the hardest thing about having two infants so far? I don't know yet since we only have one home. it's hard having to go back and forth from the nicu though since it's an hour away.. I was just telling SO last night how weird it is now to go to the nicu and see only one, and since they are ID it's like I'm holding Keely. lol It still hasn't hit me that I have twins!

Are you going to have a birthday bash? Theme? Is it scheduled, and for when?
Share a recent photo!

I have a whole year to think about that! hahaha but I assume we will have a bash!!

October 11th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Marjorie - Joel is my oldest son's middle name. LOL We must think alike! I almost went with Luke to "match" Lynndi, but didn't. I just liked Caleb better! Plus it's funny cuz it works out like this: my twins are Caleb and Lynndi, and my niece who is 3 months older (and was small - 4lbs 10oz at 36wks) is CaLynn (kay-lynn). So it sounds like, and looks like, and we have a hard time convincing people that they are NOT triplets. Makes us laugh.

Jessica - So glad Keely is home! Congrats! And I ask that stuff at the top every time just to help me and anyone else who has a hard time connecting avs/usernames to real names. I'll get it eventually though. LOL It took a while to really "hit" me that I had twins, too! For so long it's just caring for a baby. Yes it's TWO babies, but it's the same stuff only more of it -- and less of everything else. But it still just felt like what I'd always done. That make sense? Wasn't until they started doing things differently and their little personalities started coming through that it really started being fun. But it did get fun!! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search