water birth?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 10:28 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Has anyone had a water birth? If so could you tell me how it went. My fiance and I toured a birthing center and we really really love it. They offer birthing tubs, which I think is soooo awesome. Were really thinking about doing it if everything goes right.
October 11th, 2011, 06:36 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I think it's awesome, but never had the pleasure. Will they allow you to birth the twins that way at your hospital/birthing center? I'm sure that places in Austin would probably let folks, but here near Waco I'm not so sure. (I'm not sure they offer it AT ALL. LOL)

Anyway, sometimes they rule out high risk moms from doing that, and twins qualifies as high risk. Maybe they'll let you! Ask this one in the natural childbirth board and I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 11th, 2011, 07:34 PM
They do offer them at the birthing center (which is awesome!) I talked to my OB about it and she is 100% on board, that is if the babies are in the right position lol. If they have to do an emergency c-section the OR is like 20 feet away so its all in one spot which is fabulous lol. Oh I hope I can do that. When I fist became pregnant we were planing on a home birth but that didn't work out, but I remain hopeful for a water birth lol
October 11th, 2011, 07:55 PM
That's awesome that she's willing to do it! Prayers that everything will go as you want it to so you can do it!! That would be awesome.

October 11th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awesome I hope they cooperate and you are able to get it! I like that you are remaining open-minded though and realize that they may not. We have had some babies on here cooperate well for their moms and some not so well ... we will be praying yours are on the well side for cooperation

I like when hospitals and birthing centers don't automatically treat twins like they have to be some set aside thing. Yes, they need a little more monitoring ... and yes, if there are issues (which there are more likely to be with twins), you have to set aside some of the 'norm' of birthing, but not always. There are several big hospitals in my town and what I loved about the one I delivered at is that they let me deliver in a regular LDR room. The other hospital in town (with the good NICU) automatically made all moms of twins deliver in their OR ... even if they weren't having a c-section ... just in case. Now, in my case, Noah (baby A) decided to be a bugger and no budge to come out despite our best efforts, so I ended up with a c-section anyway, but it was nice to be able to at least labor all day in a comfortable room! (and his issue had nothing to do with them being twins ... he wouldn't have come out even if he had been the only one in there ) I will say though that my OB and I discussed that if I had gone into labor earlier than 35 weeks, he would have sent me to the hospital with the great NICU. So again ... more contingency planning with twins I think ... but doesn't mean you can't make plans for things to go well too!

So ... anyway ... long story to say I am glad they let you try if you are having an easy pregnancy!!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 12th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Yea this birthing center is amazing. Their soooo about the needs of the mother. I thought it was awesome too that i wont be in an OR room the entire time. They do the postpartum and delivery all in the same room. Soooo nice!!! Even if I have to have a c-section I will only be in there the duration of the operation and even those rooms are really really nice. So I must say I did score with this place lol
October 12th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae-of-Sunshine View Post
So again ... more contingency planning with twins I think ... but doesn't mean you can't make plans for things to go well too!
Yeah, that.

Does sound like you scored with finding the center though. My ob was good but even he had a few silly limits.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search