Cloth Diaper

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 07:36 PM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Sorry for all the random questions lol. We plan on cloth diapering and was wondering if there are any good site out there or anyone who sells them?
October 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Please keep them coming, Ashley! Really!

There is a cloth diapering board here at JM and they will be able to answer any question you could ever come up with! It's where I learned everything I know about cloth diapers and diapering, and we've been doing it for over a year now.

Do you know what kind of diapers you want to use? Green Mountain Diapers are generally considered the best prefolds you can get. FuzziBunz are generally considered the best pockets. When I did my comparison shopping last year, Nicki's Diapers generally had the lowest prices. Goodmama's are supposedly really good WAHM dipes, but I know nothing about them. And there are several ladies here at JM who make and sell their own or would have other suggestions as well.

That should get you started though!

We bought all of ours used except a new $50 box this summer because we didn't have internet to find any used or online so we bought local. All together we've spent $250 and have LOTS of diapers. I posted a list of our whole stash in the CD board just the other day, on the "most inexpensive stash" thread.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 11th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am no help, as we don't use cloth. I thought about it, but my DH is a stay at home dad, so I left the decision up to him, since he would be changing MANY more diapers ... he said no way

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 12th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love when twin mommas ask about cloth diapering. My in laws live about 1/2 mile from one of the Nicki's diapers box stores. I love going there. They are so friendly and let me try diapers on my kids before I buy them. I have bought a couple things from their online sight and love it. There is also a diaper swappers web site you can use. I bought my newborn sized diapers from someone in my PR and just bought a bunch of extra ones from another JM member. I think looking on JM is a great idea. You might not want to buy too many diapers before the babies get there though so you can try some out and see what you like. I bought a few Bum Genius 3.0 and really disliked them. I hate stuffing pockets and I don't like AIOs because I think they are harder to get clean in my washer. We ended up going with best bottom covers and home made liners during the day and prefold liners at night. Honestly I wish I'd just done all prefolds and hadn't bothered making my own liners.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 12th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
Please keep them coming, Ashley! Really!

There is a cloth diapering board here at JM and they will be able to answer any question you could ever come up with! It's where I learned everything I know about cloth diapers and diapering, and we've been doing it for over a year now.

Do you know what kind of diapers you want to use? Green Mountain Diapers are generally considered the best prefolds you can get. FuzziBunz are generally considered the best pockets. When I did my comparison shopping last year, Nicki's Diapers generally had the lowest prices. Goodmama's are supposedly really good WAHM dipes, but I know nothing about them. And there are several ladies here at JM who make and sell their own or would have other suggestions as well.

That should get you started though!

We bought all of ours used except a new $50 box this summer because we didn't have internet to find any used or online so we bought local. All together we've spent $250 and have LOTS of diapers. I posted a list of our whole stash in the CD board just the other day, on the "most inexpensive stash" thread.
Yea Ive heard of fuzzibunz before and heard they were really really awesome the rest I will deffinatly check out.
October 12th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Yea we really really want to do the whole cloth diapering. with my other 3 I didnt do cloth only because we couldn't afford but I did the math and it saves sooooooo much money in the long run lol. Thanks ladies this really helps me lol
October 12th, 2011, 08:17 AM
This site looks promising Cloth Diapers | Baby Carriers | Breastfeeding | Mom's Milk Boutique | FREE SHIPPING $25+
October 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi ashley,
we c/d my DIL's twins with bum genius 3.0 one size. they ARE a pain to stuff but they are working out fairly well for her. the boys are almost 2 now and the diapers still fit fine. i think if you can find a one-size diaper (that means it grows with the baby) you are better off financially. she spent about $400 before they were born and found that many styles were just not for her, so she just got more BG.

i, however, LOVE oso cozy. its simple, basic, one piece and you need covers to wear over them. the only bad part is they are sold by size (small is 8-13 pounds) so you would have to by more as they grow. to me, it would be worth it. if i was buying for myself, i would be buying a AIO of some sort, no stuffing for me with fingernails that could teat the waterproofing. good luck with your search!

~~terre~~
October 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Yeah, seeing that site Mom's Milk - I'm pretty sure that's one of the ones several of the ladies on the CD board site like. Like I said, when I did my comparing (from all the site they listed at the time), the Nicki's Diapers was the lowest cost when I did exact comparisons. But I know lots of ladies like the MM site too! I think they all offer a little bit of variance in the dipes they carry.

Like I said, I got all mine used except the one box I bought locally. I just did my research online.

Let us know what else you find or what sort you decide to get! We do prefolds with covers during the day, and pockets for night or when we go out (especially if anyone else may need to change them, like at church).

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 15th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I CD'd DS1 with BG 3.0's and FuzziBunz--I'm a huge pocket fan. I didn't cd the twins, I had enough on the go-I've got to decide if I'm going to start cding Joseph or if I'm selling my stash

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search