Spin-off Feeding - Chairs?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Where do your babies sit for feedings?

For a while, it was in my lap.

Then when we started solids, I had one single Bumbo I used and the other baby sat in the bouncer seat.

As they outgrew those (especially the Bumbo), I had to think about high chairs. I ended up finding TWO seat-chairs on craigslist for $50 total. This lady had gotten these two seats - the kind of seat that sits in a regular chair, straps in, and you attach the tray - plus a full sized high chair and decided to keep the full sized one. So they were basically brand new, and I got them both for $50! Couldn't turn that down.

I'm happy with them because I think they'll last us a while still. Here are the ones we have:

and also this one:

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 11th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For bf'ing I use my 'big green monster' .. which is a twins plus pillow from My brest friend breastfeeding twins with my breast friend twins plus pillow (though we got ours from target). I don't know how I would juggle both of them at once without it. I tried just pillows and things, but it was very hard to keep both positioned and not slipping etc. I LOVE my feeding pillow.

Now that they are eating solids also, we use the bumbo chairs for that. We got ours used also, and I hope to sell them again for about what I paid for them. I know there is a huge demand for them, because I had trouble finding used ones

As for once they are able to sit up well and outgrow the bumbos ... we will have to see. We have one wooden highchair that is a pass down from family that we were given before we knew we were having two. We will probably try to find one of the space saver chairs that strap onto a chair though for our other highchair to save space ... we'll see.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 12th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a twin breastfeeding pillow and hated it. Honestly I felt like I was too thin and had too small of boobs to use it well. I had to have so many pillows around me and the nursing pillow that it ended up being a bother after the first few weeks, but it was very helpful at first. I ended up just using a regular couch pillow to set one baby on, sort of sitting, and had both babies going in the same direction. That worked really well for us and as they got bigger I removed the pillow.

We have the space saver high chairs and I love them. I like that they come apart and can be used as a booster, which is how we use them now. My kids are super messy and have basically destroyed the chairs the boosters are on, but we purposely put them on old chairs and the constant wiping them down ahs pulled off some fo the finish.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 12th, 2011, 08:12 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
I plan on BF so I plan on using a pillow. gonna be different that's for sure lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search