ER scare!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2011, 04:12 PM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
So yesterday (10-12-11) I woke up at 6:30 am and I felt this REALLY bad sharp pain in my stomach. I didn't think much of it just thought it was round ligament pains. Well as the day went on I noticed I was having some cramping but again I just thought I was doing to much. My fiance and I went on a gentle walk and I had to use the restroom. well when i wiped i noticed some mild spotting, it was a very light pinkish color. At that point I was a little afraid so we went back to the car and drove home. When I got home I had to pee AGAIN. This time when I wiped there was blood and it was bright red. We immediately went to the ER. After an hour of waiting I got into my room and the cramp pain moved into my back and BOY was it painful. I was freaking out and scared for my babies lives. My blood pressure was a little high but not dangerous. I swear it seemed like forever. They gave some pain meds that did help the pain but made me very very very drowsy. Finally after being there for 3 hours we get the US. It was only like 5 min long too which made me a little mad about. Everything checked out ok, babies are growing at the same rate and heart beats looked good. Here's the thing, I sat in the ER with people that had really bad illnesses for 8 hours for them to tell me I'm ok. UGH!!!! Yea I was happy but confused at the same time. They did do blood work and a urine sample. They noticed my blood sugar was a little higher then normal and there was some protein in my urine and they sent me home with a prescription for Vicodin. I don't plan on using it at all though, I dont like the feeling of being out of it. Also I'm on bed rest until my next OB appt. When I got home right as I got to the stairs I started to throw up. Not a little bit but A LOT. I could barely walk or see. I get into our apartment and I head for the bathroom to take a warm bath. Then I pretty much went to bed. I feel ok today just not myself. I hope it gets better.
October 13th, 2011, 06:31 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Wow, scary! Take care of yourself! I'd have freaked out too to find blood like that. But I know some people spot through pregnancy anyway. Throwing up - maybe you're just carrying a stomach bug or something? Keep an eye on that blood pressure though. That can do that. Bed rest will help.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 13th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh how scary! I hope everything continues to get better. I know I threw up enough during the first trimester (and second, and third) that I wouldn't be overly worried about that unless it continues enough that you can't keep things down. Tell those little beans to behave in there!!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Oh yeah that's true. Could just be the whole pregnancy thing. DUH!

I wasn't sick during mine! The whole time! So I forgot. Blame it on my mommy brain. But yeah I bet that's it.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 14th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad to hear everything is okay with your babies. Hopefully you're feeling better today.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 14th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Super Mommy
oh wow! That's scary.. I hope they keep an eye on the protein and blood pressure. I know they don't consider it pre-e until after 20 weeks but still, that can cause the yucky feelings and throw up if it gets bad. I had serious protein issues (my bp was always ok though thank goodness) so I heard it all about what to look for the whole pregnancy, it gets really old I know lol

I hope you feel better today!!! definitely REST!

October 14th, 2011, 08:30 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
*lurking* glad things are ok. Didn't you tell me though you had a subcorrionic hemorrhage? The bleeding could be from that because sometimesrroinic they don't go away until 20 weeks. Just take it easy girl and rest!

October 14th, 2011, 10:01 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Thanks ladies The goal is 37 weeks and I'm almost half way there lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search