QotW

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Sorry it's late this week ladies! Been a crazy weekend!

What does your usual weekly schedule look like? The board (all over JM, actually) is slower on the weekends - what are we all doing instead?

Do you like your schedule? Or do you wish it was slower? Fuller?

Is there something you wish you had time to include or are trying to start including? Or are there activities you hope to cut out soon?

Okay, that's more than one question. Sorry!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
What does your usual weekly schedule look like?Well my week is pretty empty right now lol my 3 other children are with their dad up north so im pretty much board during the week.

Do you like your schedule? Or do you wish it was slower? Fuller?I wish it was much more fuller.

Is there something you wish you had time to include or are trying to start including? Or are there activities you hope to cut out soon?Ive been wanting to get back into my tutu and bow making.
October 18th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does your usual weekly schedule look like? I work M-F from 0700-1630 (except I have every other Tuesday off). That makes for a full day. I am usually home between 4:45 and 5 and spend the next two hours giving DH (who is a SAHD) a break from the kids by playing with them, feeding them and getting them ready for bed. They are usually asleep between 6:30 and 7, then I do straightening up, washing bottles, laundry, dishes (whatever DH didn't get time to do during the day depending on how the kids were that day). Then usually 30 min or so to snuggle with DH on the couch before it is time to pump and go to bed. I am generally in bed between 9-9:30, though some nights it is 8:30

Weekends are usually groceries ... giving DH a break from the kids again, going for walks together, church on Sunday morning, and more playtime with the little ones. (I have to get my fill on the weekends)

Do you like your schedule? Or do you wish it was slower? Fuller? I definitely miss the time to myself sometimes. That is almost non-existent now. My "me" time is when I am pumping (like now) and can play around on the computer. There are many times I wish I could be a SAHM, but it would not have worked that way for us. I feel blessed at least to have DH as a SAHD, so I don't have to worry about getting the kids ready and taken to day care also. It is nice to know he is getting the time with them, though I wish I had more with them.

Is there something you wish you had time to include or are trying to start including? Or are there activities you hope to cut out soon? Hmm ... I wish I had time to make the curtains for the front room that I bought fabric for AGES ago .... I wish I had time to read a book ... but I am thankful at least that I am "generally" getting time to sleep now at least. I will be thankful for the small things

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 18th, 2011, 09:09 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
What does your usual weekly schedule look like? Mondays is our "off" day usually. Hubby gets paid and was off work the night before so is around during the day, so it's kind of like our weekend. We go to town to get his check, cash it, get gas (in that order, LOL), and sometimes (about once a month at this point) we go to DQ and get the $5 meals that include mini-Blizzards. YUM! We do our dollar store shopping, and then plan the scout meeting that evening. Cub scouts at 6:30 and we are the leaders; lasts for an hour and Boy Scouts is at the same place at 7 until 8:30. Hubby has to leave for work by 7:30, so I'm hoping to find a sitter for the twins because that all makes it kinda crazy for a while!

Tuesdays are back to school work. Wednesday nights we have church, including a pot luck dinner. I like that - makes it easy on me that one night. Thursdays and Fridays are usually our "heavy" school work days, and Friday night I play my computer game.

During the week, since hubby works nights, we stay up late and sleep late. Bedtime for the kids is midnight, and I am in bed by 2am. That's the idea, anyway - always depends on the twins. Saturday night we try to get to bed earlier.

Saturday is cleaning day! I do well to get meals cooked and dishes done, and the diapers washed as needed, during the week. So Saturday is for floors, counters, and laundry. Boys clean their rooms, and I try to have it all done by the time hubby wakes up. He is off Saturday night so that's family time!

Sunday morning is church; I'm hoping we can get into the habit of getting up early enough for Sunday School. Then usually we go to my mom's for dinner; trying to get back into rotating every other week between my mom and hubby's mom. (She was bed bound for a while and the 7 of us are stressful! LOL But she is getting better.) Then we head home - takes about 45 minutes to get home from there and church here in town is at 5pm. Sometimes we don't make it, but we try to most of the time.

Do you like your schedule? Or do you wish it was slower? Fuller? Usually I like it just fine. If we have things to do on the weekends, I often get frustrated by not having time with hubby and not getting the chance to clean the house. If I don't get that day weekly, the house is HORRIBLE the next week. Ugh. Sometimes I wish we had more social engagements during the week, though. Mommy social time, and kids social time, and time out of the house.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 27th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does your usual weekly schedule look like? The board (all over JM, actually) is slower on the weekends - what are we all doing instead? It really depends on the week. But on average DS1 is in preschool m-w-f and on those mornings while the twins nap I get caught up on household chores. I may be guilty of having a "down" morning every now and again and enjoy some quiet time. I also try to get my workouts done the morning too but the last couple weeks have slacked off. Dh being a firefighter puts him home at different days of the week each week. Normally on a tues or thurs we try to do a family fun day or I try to take ds1 one out for some special one on one time. And somewhere in the week day I normally take a couple hours out for myself whether shopping or dinner/lunch with girlfriends. Saturday morning ds1 is in a skyhawks program that introduces them to basketball/baseball/soccer which will end right before Thanksgiving. I am hoping to get him in spring soccer and eventually martial arts....we will see. Weekends I am usually doing family dinners/get togethers etc or some down time.

Do you like your schedule? Or do you wish it was slower? Fuller? I like it for now. Its a good mix of busy and slow which is great. Its hard getting out with 2 4mo olds and a 4 yo on my own. Once they get a big bigger/active I know we will be doing a lot more things during the week. Zoo, childrens museum, parks, playdates etc.

Is there something you wish you had time to include or are trying to start including? Or are there activities you hope to cut out soon? Not so much. Eventually I would like to get ds1 involved in more sports and martial arts. I would like to get out to my grandparents more often and do weekly coffee mornings with them but with the babies nap schedule it makes it really hard.

October 27th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my weeks are very busy right now since N is in prek four half days a week. sometimes I have to pack all the kids up and take them with me, sometimes I have a sitter or dh keeps them if he's home. Home at 3pm, quick supper, feed kids, put them to bed, dh comes home at 6pm, I do school work until midnight.
I can't wait for a break!

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search