Toddler Mommies Check-In!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2011, 09:48 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
username:
first name:
multiples names and age:
names and ages of other kiddos, if any:

I kind of think of "infants" as being less than a year old. Most people think of "toddlers" as those who, well... who toddle! Walkers, or near-walkers. So what do we call those babies who are over a year old and not yet walking?

Are your multiples walking? When did they start?

What kind of shoes, if any, do you have them wear?

Are they climbing, too? Stairs and on top of tables and that sort of thing? Any stories to share?

Pictures!! I like pictures.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 18th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
username: Celry
first name:
multiples names and age: Arya 2 Eiley 2
names and ages of other kiddos, if any: If all goes well, baby #3 in June

Are your multiples walking? When did they start? Yep. I think around 13 months. I don't remember this kind of stuff and that's why I have baby books for them. They both went from not walking to walking everywhere over night. They just stood up in the middle of the room and took off.

What kind of shoes, if any, do you have them wear? They both have a pair of boots from TCP, a pair of converse and a pair of mary jane type shoes. The mainly wear the boots and converse (both of which were gently used)

Are they climbing, too? Stairs and on top of tables and that sort of thing? Any stories to share? They climb EVERYTHING. They could climb the slide behind our house before they could walk. A couple quick pics from last year.

Pictures!! I like pictures.
Recent pics
Fighting over who gets to be changed first

Still rear facing

A

E

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 18th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Those are so adorable, Cel! I love the outfits they are wearing in the changing pic!!

Did they start walking at about the same time as each other? That is awesome!

Here's mine....

username: dalynnrmc
first name: DaLynn
multiples names and age: Caleb and Lynndi, 13mos
names and ages of other kiddos, if any: in my sig

Are your multiples walking? When did they start? Caleb is walking, Lynndi is not. Caleb has been walking for about 3 months now, so at about 11 months old but the last 2 months more "all the time". Lynndi hasn't even been standing up on her own usually, but the other day she did! She was in the middle of the living room, playing by herself, when suddenly she was making lots of happy noises and obviously trying to draw our attention. When we looked, there she stood! She stayed for about a minute, us cheering her on the whole time. It was so adorable! She looked disappointed when she fell down, but we clapped and she smiled. Not sure if I'm ready for the two toddlers stage just yet....

What kind of shoes, if any, do you have them wear? Haven't been putting any on them, but am going to start putting some soft soles on Caleb now that he's walking all the time. I got some for Lynndi too, a little too big, and will put them on her after she's walkign too.

Are they climbing, too? Stairs and on top of tables and that sort of thing? Any stories to share? Caleb climbs lots - onto the end of the recliner, onto the coffee table. Lynndi has climbed onto the end of the recliner a handful of times also. They both like to climb up on a long, red stool I have. I have a pic on my phone of them both standing on the stool facing the bookshelf, and another where they both turned (the same direction, even ) when I called their names. Can't upload it though, arg!

Don't have any more to share just yet, but when the picture taker from the church gets the festival ones uploaded to FB I'll probably have some!!

October 18th, 2011, 11:40 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
username:nat1970
first name:Nicole
multiples names and age: Ty and TJ 15 months
names and ages of other kiddos, if any: Leah 3 in Jan

I kind of think of "infants" as being less than a year old. Most people think of "toddlers" as those who, well... who toddle! Walkers, or near-walkers. So what do we call those babies who are over a year old and not yet walking?

Are your multiples walking? When did they start? yep, running. 12 1/2 months

What kind of shoes, if any, do you have them wear? Stride Rite's size 7W

Are they climbing, too? Stairs and on top of tables and that sort of thing? Any stories to share? like monkeys on everything they can.

October 19th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
Those are so adorable, Cel! I love the outfits they are wearing in the changing pic!!
Thank! I made them. They are a little clownish, but I figure I can still do that since they are only 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
Did they start walking at about the same time as each other? That is awesome!
Yeah, they've done almost everything within a few days of each other, which has been really nice.

Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1970 View Post
What kind of shoes, if any, do you have them wear? Stride Rite's size 7W
I'm all confused on sizes. Maybe the sizes I think the shoes we got are, is just not right. People in our PR are posting like sizes 4 and 5, and I'm thinking I just bought 2 and 3. :shrug: But maybe I'm just mistaken and need to look closer. LOL

And Cel - that is so fun! I freak out now and then because Caleb and Lynndi don't do hardly ANYTHING at the same time. It bugs me sometimes, even though they are both inside the range of "normal". I've never had issues comparing my babies to other babies, but it's super hard to not do that with two of them at home! (They also have a cousin who is only 3 months older, so we have comparing going around like a disease right now. LOL)

I think I'd just feel better if they did things at about the same time. *sigh*

October 19th, 2011, 05:58 PM
^^^A&E are ID twins, so are much more likely to develop around the same time. Frat twins are just like any other siblings and are going to develop at their own pace.

365 Days in a Roe

October 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I know. It's still freaky though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search