Does anyone here...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
...Have more than one set of multiples, or is expecting a second or subsequent set?

...Have triplets? Quads? Higher order multiples? Or expecting more than twins?

...Have your own twin/multiple sibling? Have a hubby or s/o who has a twin/multiple sibling?

...Have a parent or grandparent who has a twin/multiple sibling?

...Have a set of multiples who is adopted? (I know of at least one!! )

...Have a secret stash of candy you hide from the kids?

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM
tundrababy's Avatar Mega Super Twin Mommy
My Dad is a twin and without a doubt no more twins from my womb

October 20th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL was pregnant with twins, but lost them both very early on (details sketchy here). From everyting I have ready though, that wouldn't increase DH's chances or having them at all. Depending on what you read, it might affect his daughters, but that is it at the most (and now that his daughter IS a twin, the waters all get muddied there anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
...Have a secret stash of candy you hide from the kids?
No, but I have a candy bowl at work that I had to stop filling with chocolate, because I was eating too much of it. Lifesavers only now!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 21st, 2011, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No twins anywhere on either side here. I am the first one ever to have twins. Leave it to me lol.

If I had another set, I think I may die. I love my twinlets with a passion, but I do not want to do it again. I am so scared to have anymore kids for the fear of having twins. It was just so hard on my body near the end....although my pregnancy was super easy, and so was birth, but no desire to chance that again. I really think my twin pregnancy was fluke.
October 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
My grandpa has twin brothers. And I have my stash of goodies kept from my kids and my SO LOL
October 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
bliss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pregnant with my second set of twins, in a row. I had fraternal twins last time, but lost one of them early on. This time, I'm having what seems to be identical ones! What are the chances, huh?

October 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1 set is enough for me

My grandmother had sisters who were ID twins. Since ID twins don't run in families it's just a fluke that we have another set in the family.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM
There are twins in the far corners of my family only. Like, my (mom's dad) grandfather's sister has a set of twin granddaughters. I think there is one other way-out-there set like that, but I don't remember. Oh, there's my (dad's mom) grandma's sister's set of twin granddaughters also I guess. But that's it.

Hubby's family has a set of twins every other generation. Most of them are ID boys, which I find interesting. Makes it hard to convince them that ID twins are not genetic, and besides that, the genetics run on mom's side and not dad's so it's not my hubby's genetics that caused our twins. He had nothing to do with me dropping two eggs! LOL Hard to convince them, though.

Of course ours were spontaneous and a huge out-of-nowhere kind of surprise, but... since the Lord has put in our hearts that we may adopt some day, I wouldn't count out us adopting a set of twins. Eventually.

October 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nowhere at ALL in my family. . . .total fluke, still can't believe it
October 22nd, 2011, 01:15 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are twins just about every generation in my mom's family and every other in my dad's. My dad's brothers are twins. There are twins every other generation in FIL's family. FIL is a twin.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 22nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
mommabirdof4
My cousin has a set, they are 4 year old boy/girl twins. Then in my grandmother's generation their were a few sets of triplets and a set of twins (I did not know this until after the boys were born).

We are DONE with kiddos...both me and Dh have a feeling we would end up with another set of multiples...not a risk we are willing to take....we had always planned on having 3 kids...of course we are very happy now with 4 and would not have it any other way now!!!!!
October 24th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Super Mommy
My dad is a twin but my grandma lost his sister about half way through the pregnancy.. so fraternals run in my family, my dad is the only one that's around now but my grandma says there are more farther down the line.. and my mom's mom says she thinks there is some down their line too somewhere.

of course we had ID's though haha so I am TERRIFIED that if we do decide to get pregnant again then we will have fraternal twins next! haha

October 24th, 2011, 11:22 AM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
No twins in my family, but mine are id so it wouldn't have been genetic. DH has frats on his side, but they doesn't affect me. Either way we are done. I didn't want to do fertility after DD because of the risk of having multiples, but God had other plans since I ended up with Ty and TJ.

October 25th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No twins in our families. We have identical twin boys. Two pregnancies since and no twins, thank God! I'm not sure I ever want to do a twin pregnancy again, but they sure are fun to watch grow up.

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
October 25th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I totally agree about the pregnancy thing. Pregnancy isn't easy on me anyway, but this was just nuts. But yeah, no more single pregnancies for me either. People ask if we're done having kids and I've stolen hubby's answer - medically we are done, yes.

October 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have twins in every generation going back down my mother's line for I don't even know how long, except for my generation where it was skipped. They did think my mother was pregnant with twins in the beginning since she got so big so fast, but that was before ultrasound days and ultimately it was only me who popped out.

Not that it matters so much to us, but my DH has identical twins in his family. There is some indication that identical males may have a genetic component--something about a protein in the sperm that makes the egg more prone to splitting. I haven't read up on it since ours are obviously fraternal.

I am TERRIFIED of having another set of multiples. I am still traumatized by my first four months or so of these two, and they were good babies with no colic. Originally I really wanted three kids, but I am leaning more and more towards being done.

I don't have to hide candy from the kids yet since they are too young. I don't have to hide it from the hubby either, as he doesn't like candy. (Weird, huh? I mean, who doesn't like candy)?

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

October 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Same with Ashley. No twins on either side.. I am the same I love my twins but would not want to do this again.. I guess it does not help that I have 4 other kids to take care of too !!!
October 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Well it seems we kind of run the gamut on whether or not there are more twins in the family! Very cool!

I've asked another time or two if we have any triplets or higher order multiples, and haven't gotten any responses. I'm wondering if it would be okay to slip-of-the-tongue now and then and just say "twins" instead of "multiples". Twins is a much shorter word and falls out of my typing fingers much faster and easier! I just don't want to do that if we have any/many moms whose multiples are not TWINS! KWIM?

Anyway. It seems there's pretty much a consensus on not doing this twin thing again, though. I find that amusing.

This is/was a fun thread though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search