Twinks had their NT scan! [PICS + possible nub pic?]

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2011, 07:53 PM
bliss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG did my NT scan take forever or what! But I loved every minute of it! The little munchkins didn't pause for a second and there was like a boxing match going on in there. LOL it was so much fun to watch! AND I got like a bazillion pictures to take home with me. The only not-so-great news was that one is measuring 5 days ahead of the other, which has me very worried, as I read up a lot on TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome), but the doctor doesn't seem worried yet...

So here are a few pics I want to share with you:

Check out the nub sticking out in twin B!

The nub again! I almost fell off the table it looked so much like a boy to me (I already have one boy, and these are identical so it would mean 2 more boys?!!) But then I read up a little on the nub theory, and this actually looks more like a girl nub? Anyone has any guesses?

October 24th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so bad with reading u/s pics, so I won't even try to guess on that for you! I will say they are great pics though And I wouldn't worry too much about a 5 day difference. I know mine weren't ID, so we didn't have the same concerns with TTTS, but mine we often about that far off ... 5-6-even 7 days apart on their estimates. They are just that ... estimates. If yours docs aren't concerned, then I wouldn't be either!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 25th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appointment. They watched my twins very carefully for TTTS, because there was a weight difference. I believe they don't want more than a 20% difference between them. I don't know what they measure this early in the game. I won't take a guess at gender either. I'm good at it later on, but not this early.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 25th, 2011, 04:54 AM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
Lurking but the last nub is deff girl. Boys go up girls go down!
October 25th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Super Mommy
great pics!!! I won't guess gender either because I'm definitely not a good judge lol

but my girls had a big difference in weight estimates too from the beginning, sometimes a week but then the next time it was caught up and then the next back to a week or so behind.. they ended up coming out only 4oz different though! they also told me they had very small heads and B's was WAY smaller.. well they came out pretty normal and only half a cm different lol

so I wouldn't worry yet especially if the docs don't seem worried! :-)

October 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's a link to my recent nub shot, which was confirmed boy!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5&l=3112075745

My guess is girls for you!

Mommy Pam to 8 other blessings ages 16 to newborn! 5 boys and 3 girls.
For the multiples forum: I have identical twin boys who are 3.
October 25th, 2011, 09:11 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I have absolutely no clue about any kind of "nub theory". No ventures of a guess here, but those pics are awesome! TFP!

And I also wouldn't worry about the difference. I guess I didn't even know that much of a difference was a big deal - mine read further than that for the first several visits and no one acted concerned, so maybe I wasn't quite well enough informed. LOL But my twins were fine, though Lynndi was and still is further behind Caleb. She's on the range for normal still, just smaller than him and doing things later than him. I think we just talked about that on some other thread? LOL

Anyway. I love the pics!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
November 7th, 2011, 12:13 PM
hi everyone had 14 week scan the other day.
would you say this is a nub shot?
girl or boy??? anyone????

Photo0065 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and

14 weeks.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search