Introduction!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Super Mommy
Hello! I have decided that I can finally breath a little better about my pregnancy and join a board. I've been lurking for a while. My name is Christina, my DH is Matt and we have a 2 1/2 year old named Owen. We had two miscarriages while TTC our current pregnancy, so when we went in for our 8 week u/s we were terrified of not seeing a baby. To our great surprise there was not only one beating heart but TWO! Turns out we are having identical twins. (mono/di) I am just over 12 weeks. I'm so excited and scared at the same time.

I did see on one of the earlier posts that you were asking about having an experienced mommy paid up with a newbie - I have to say I would love it! there are so many things that I have questions about and just have no idea how they will work with twins - like breastfeeding! lol.

I just wanted to say hi to you all!
October 25th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome My name is Marjorie and I have 5 month old b/g twins. There are lots of wonderful ladies here that helped me SO much during my pregnancy and the early weeks (not that I am that much further than that at only 5 months). I know exactly how you feel though. We had had a miscarriage in the summer of 2010 and when we found out we were pregnant again in Oct , we were very worried and didn't tell a single person this time until after our first appt. We wanted to make sure we saw a heartbeat. Lo and behold there were two heartbeats. At that point any thought of not telling anyone until the first trimester was up were gone. We were too shocked and excited not to share the news.

Anyway, congrats and welcome.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 25th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome! I have mono/di twins as well. Ask away with your questions. There are lots of us here who can help. We all have a little different parenting style and have done different things, so can give lots of different advice.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Super Mommy
welcome!! I have mono/di Girls :-) They are just over a month old but my baby B just came home today! I had a miscarriage in january and before I even got my next AF I was pregnant again and with TWO!

CONGRATS!

October 25th, 2011, 07:04 PM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Welcome!!! Im Ashley and Im expecting di/di twin girls. My due date is April 11 of next year. YAY for new people!!!!!
October 25th, 2011, 09:06 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Hi and welcome! Can't wait to get to know you!

Not sure if we're going to have enough participation for the mentor thing, but I will put you down! And of course do bring up anything here in the main board! Monthly also there will be a prego check-in so that may help trigger questions or concerns you may have. Post all you want!

My twins are 13 months old, and I'm still nursing.

Congrats on twins! When are you due? You said you're 12 weeks so that would put you about... April?

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 25th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Super Mommy
thank you everyone for the warm welcome. My official due date is May 7th. (40 weeks) but i'm assuming it will be more like April sometime.
October 26th, 2011, 02:07 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I was close.

Hoping you make it as long as needed for healthy babies! (And, ahem, not a day longer. You'll appreciate that eventually. LOL)

Make yourself at home! Don't feel like you can't bump posts also - we're all kind of getting to know each other in here lately. The room has been without a host for a good while (not sure how long, but a while) and I just took over a few weeks ago. So if you find something older you'd like to bump, please do!

Can't wait to get to know you better!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I was not able to make breastfeeding work for me, but I have been exclusively pumping for 7 months now. I lurked on this board a lot too. Congratulations!

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

October 26th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
welcome and congrats .. I have boy / girl twins . I also was shocked to find out we were having twins . let alone pregnant . We both thought we were done after our daughter Kaet. We were shocked to find out we were pregnant again..We went in for our 8 week ultrasound to find out not one but two. My husband about passed out !! All i could do is laugh. They are now 3 months old and things are going a little better. normally only getting up once a night . Congrats to your wonderful surprise !!!
October 27th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! And congrats!! I am Dana and b/g twins that are 4 months old.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search