Moms of School-Aged Multiples Check In!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2011, 10:33 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Okay, there has got to be a better, shorter title for this thread that still encompasses everyone.

We had the prego mommies check-in, moms of infants, and moms of toddlers... and we only have a few preschoolers and elementary kiddos so I thought it may be okay to group you guys together? That makes a great fit for the fact that there are usually 4 weeks in the month, so with 4 age groups I can post one check-in a week!

I know, I'm goofy.

What? Oh. Check-in! Who's here?

username:
first name:
multiples names and age:

Do people have a hard time telling your multiples apart from each other? (And is that understandable, or just people being silly?)

What is the dumbest thing people ask you about them on a regular basis?

If you see a mom with multiples when you are out and about, do you say hi and share that you are also a mom of multiples? Do you sometimes have other moms of multiples do that to you, and does it bother you or are you glad they say hi??

What kind of vehicle do you drive? What kind of car seats do the multiples ride in, and where in the vehicle are they? Do you have more kids in seats than just the multiples, and where in the vehicle do they ride?

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Username: Jara
Name: Jara

Wyatt and Emerson are 4.

People don't really think they are twins anymore. They just think they were born close together. People ask how far apart they are. When I repy 25 minutes, they get a strange look on there their face.

I always make a point to speak to a MOM. Especially if her or his LO's are infants. I usually ask how old they are, then mention that mine are now 4 and that it DOES get easier. I don't talk long unless they ask question.

Hardly anyone ever comes up to me, maybe I'm not very approachable

I drive a town and country with the stow and go seats. W and E are in raidan60s. They sit in the back row along with my 6 year old, who is in a radian 80. I have a 1 year old, who sit in one of the middle captions chairs. Rearfacing in a myride65. The other captians set is stowed into the floor.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
October 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jara View Post
People don't really think they are twins anymore. They just think they were born close together. People ask how far apart they are. When I repy 25 minutes, they get a strange look on there their face.

It was just this week that one of my church friends was chatting with me on FB and I was talking about never before having had to deal with all of the little arguments these two have over toys or whatever. They mentioned having kids just a couple of years apart, and I reminded them that my 7 and 8yos are just 14 months apart, but it was NOTHING like this. She asked me, "how far apart are they again?" I simply responded, "Um, the twins???" Met with momentary silence and then, "Oh. Yeah. Duh." Did she forget who she was talking to or something??? LOL

Sounds like you have a great car set up! And FOUR in seats! Wow. I thought I had it rough with just three. Two rear-facing was rough for us in a minivan! But maybe the fifth kid is what made the difference for us. Our mini-van was rough getting into and out of. Ugh.

Thanks for posting, Jara!

October 28th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Carry

Nathan and Reagan are 4

Boy /girl so they can easily tell them apart. People still see them as twins. They have always been within a 1/2inch and 1 or 2 lbs apart. I have gotten a few people ask if Riley was was a triplet or a twin to one of the others.

Just the, "You have 4 kids!" As if I didn't know.

I say Hi if the timing is right. I love when other MOM's talk to me.

Dodge Caravan with Stow n Go seats. Usually I have 3 across the back row in Radian 60 seats with the twins on each end and Ry in the middle. The 18mth old is in a Triumph in one captain chair and the other captain stowed. However we just got back from Disney and for the trip I split up the back row to avoid fights and put Riley in a Captain chair so that is the current set up & so far I like the change.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

October 28th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Carry, is that a new sig? Or pretty new? Or am I just now paying attention to it? LOL It's gorgeous! What a great pic, so cute!

Thanks for posting!

October 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
Carry, is that a new sig? Or pretty new? Or am I just now paying attention to it? LOL It's gorgeous! What a great pic, so cute!

Thanks for posting!
thanks, yes it is pretty new. we had a photographer come out to the house this summer. it was taken in our neighbors front yard. our yard isn't that pretty lol!

Our Blog

October 30th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jara View Post
Carry.. I do the same thing on long trips :-) Kaeden and Lydia will be in the middle captians seats and Wyatt and Lydia are in the back. It is SO much easier on long trips to separate them to where no one can touch anyone.. LOL.

I LOVE your siggy picture!

This is what the back of my van looks like normally. This pic was taken.. 10 or so months ago.. Lydia is now in a different carseat, but still rear facing. Ignore the mess please.. LOL.. I have 4 kids. :-)

I think you and I could swap places things are so similar, but your car is cleaner LOL!

This pic is from last year, but this was our set up for a very long time. I love your siggy too!

Our Blog

October 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carry.. I do the same thing on long trips :-) Kaeden and Lydia will be in the middle captians seats and Wyatt and Lydia are in the back. It is SO much easier on long trips to separate them to where no one can touch anyone.. LOL.

I LOVE your siggy picture!

This is what the back of my van looks like normally. This pic was taken.. 10 or so months ago.. Lydia is now in a different carseat, but still rear facing. Ignore the mess please.. LOL.. I have 4 kids. :-)

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
October 31st, 2011, 08:15 PM
I was confused for a second with the quote of the picture I hadn't seen. LOL I get it now though!

When we had our minivan our setup was similar to that as well, with the middle captain's chair out, my oldest in the other captain's chair, and my "big boys" each in a seat in the back.

But then we had twins and took up ALL the seat belts and it made life difficult. LOL

I am so glad, so thankful for our big travel van! So, my multiples aren't my school-aged kids, but I'm enjoying the chit chat so I'm gonna post, too. (And anyone should feel free to do that on any of the threads, just pop in if you want to!! It's about getting to know each other. )

So in our big van we still have the 4 captain's chairs and the bench seat in the back, but we have SO much more moving-around room it's not even funny. Plus, my second son has aged out and now (thankfully) no longer needs a seat. In the middle captain's chairs is Lynndi, still rear-facing, behind the driver. My oldest sits in the other, behind the passenger. He's a big boy and I hate making him climb in the way back. Then Caleb (who is knocking on 30lbs) is front-facing in the center rear with Brandon in a booster on one side and Drew on his bare bootie on the other. And I am so thankful that I can get INTO the van, WALK to the back, and buckle Caleb without stepping on any other children in the process.

November 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
username: my3sonsplus1
first name: Amanda
multiples names and age: Gavyn & Kendric (6)
Do people have a hard time telling your multiples apart from each other? (And is that understandable, or just people being silly?) Yes, they do. My boys are identical and it is pretty hard for someone who isn't around them all the time to tell them apart.
What is the dumbest thing people ask you about them on a regular basis? "Are they twins?" (only dumb b/c they really are identical, in every sense)
If you see a mom with multiples when you are out and about, do you say hi and share that you are also a mom of multiples? Do you sometimes have other moms of multiples do that to you, and does it bother you or are you glad they say hi?? No, I don't, but if another mom of multiples stops me I am happy to talk to them.
What kind of vehicle do you drive? What kind of car seats do the multiples ride in, and where in the vehicle are they? Do you have more kids in seats than just the multiples, and where in the vehicle do they ride? I have a 2008 Kia Sedona. The twins ride in Graco Nautilus' using the 5 pt. harness. They ride on both outboard positions in the 3rd row. I have a 8 year old who uses a Graco Turbobooster in the 2nd row and a 5 year old who uses a Cosco highback booster in the 2nd row.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search