Twinkie update, genders and pics!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finally had my ultrasound this morning. The best possible news we could have gotten is that both babies are healthy and that everything is looking perfect. Baby A is estimated to be about 10 oz and Baby B is about 11 oz. Baby A was switching between transverse and breech and Baby B was transverse. The position they're in right now isn't ideal for a vaginal birth so I'm hoping they change. The doctor talked to me about all of the risks that go along with having twins and everything and said I would have to come back in 2 weeks for them to check my cervix again. It was nice and long but they just like to keep an eye on it. And then 2 weeks after that, I will go back so they can measure the babies again and make sure their growth is on track and they will check my cervix again. As long as my cervix stays at a good length, they will just go to checking it every 4 weeks from when I go in for a growth scan. So I guess everyone wants to know genders now. Here are some pics that will give it away for you....

Baby A's Profile

Baby B's Profile

Baby A is a girl!

Baby B is a boy!

So definitely 100%, without a doubt, fraternal twins. We are thrilled and over the moon. Sorry the pics aren't the best quality... dh leant his scanner to a friend so I had to use my camera.

October 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww glad everything is going/looking great! And congrats!!!!!!!!!! B/G twins are awesome So happy for you!

October 27th, 2011, 12:36 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
WAHOO!

I was looking for this! So glad things are looking good. That's about how they did mine, too - cervix checks frequently at first and then less as the pregnancy progressed while they increased the ultrasounds. Intense sometimes, but well worth it for healthy, full term babies!!

And yeah. They move around so much right now that position is nothing at all right now. They can be different at every check for a while even.

How exciting! So do you have names in mind yet??

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
October 27th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I hope your cervix stays nice and long.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

October 27th, 2011, 06:24 PM
nat1970's Avatar Nicole - Mom2Leah,Ty,TJ
Congrats!!!

October 28th, 2011, 04:21 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a couple of names that we like for a girl. Serena and Victoria. If it weren't for popularity, I'd really want Victoria. Not sure if we'll use either of those but we're agreeing on things and that's good. For a boy, we have nothing. I'm open to suggestions.
I'm hoping they turn. I'm a little worried about them running out of room. At 20 weeks, they are all the way up to my ribs already. I remember at 28 weeks, my oldest dd was breech and she did flip before she was born.
Thanks everyone. We are so excited!

October 28th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Believe me they will find room. Not sure where lol. I could not believe I had two babies in my tummy !!! Congrats on your boy / girl / That is what i have and it is so so fun !!
October 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thats fun news! congrats!!

well you already have my favorite boy name, asher. i need to think this one through but i like boys names like samuel, evan, and levi. for a girl i came up with brooke, tessa or lacy real quick. i also love evan elisabeth for a girl but nobody will listen to me on that one. good luck!

~~terre~~
October 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I really like Victoria. It's very pretty! A cute twinsie match for it would be Victor. Then you'd have Vic and Vicky.

Baby Names World is my favorite place to look up names!

Some other boy V-names include Vince and Vaughn. (I don't much care for Vince, but I love Vaughn! Then they'd be Vaughn and Victoria.)

It says Victoria means conqueror and some boy names that mean the same thing include Torey (spelled all sorts of ways, which actually you could use this as a nickname for Victoria also - Tori), and Vincenzo, which sounds kind of ethnic.

I dunno. I like MIL's suggestions of Samuel and Levi also. (Um, they were on our list too. LOL) Do you want them to be cute and matchy or no?

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search