Just curious...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
What time do you go to bed?

What time do the kiddos go to bed?

Are all your kiddos sleeping through the night, or how often do they wake?

What time do you get up in the morning?

What do the first couple of hours of your day look like? Do you work outside the home? Take the kids to school or a day care? Do you always get breakfast eaten? (For our preggies especially,) Are you getting sick in the mornings?

Just curious.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
November 3rd, 2011, 12:52 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What time do you go to bed? Usually around 9, though the other day I went to bed at 7:41, because I was just exhausted after traveling for the weekend. I felt like I was pregnant again, because I used to fall asleep between 7 and 8 on the couch then Even now when I am particularly tired I will go to bed around 8.

What time do the kiddos go to bed? They generally fall asleep between 6:30 and 7.

Are all your kiddos sleeping through the night, or how often do they wake? Yes and no. They are no longer waking to eat at night (99% of the time) and have not since around 3 1/2-4 months. I do still get an average of 3 wake-ups a night between them for various reasons . Usually they are short, and just a quick visit by me will comfort them and they will go back to sleep on their own (usually). Last week I had 3-4 nights in a row where Abigail was up twice a night and wide awake wanting to play ... ugh! thankfully she is back to normal now For now though at least one wake-up is still good for me, because whenever I wake up around 2-3 (like now) I will try to get up and pump.

What time do you get up in the morning? For work - 5:45, unless one of them wakes me up earlier. On the weekends usually 6-6:30, which is generally when they wake-up. Even before the kids though, 6 was my regular wake up during the week and I couldn't sleep much past this on weekends.

What do the first couple of hours of your day look like? Do you work outside the home? Take the kids to school or a day care? Do you always get breakfast eaten? (For our preggies especially,) Are you getting sick in the mornings? I have about an hours between when I get up and when I need to leave for work. I get up, shower, make a quick breakfast (usually toast, yoghurt, etc ... something I can eat while pumping), or I have some of whatever DH is making if he is making something good, which he does most weekends at least. If the kids are still sleeping, I get to play on the computer while I pump, but if they are awake, DH will bring them to me on the couch and I will change them and play a bit while I finish up pumping. This gives him a chance to have breakfast and me a chance to see the kids. Sometimes, if Noah is awake early enough I will let him nurse a bit also before his bottle (especially if I have a bit of a clogged duct starting, because he is excellent about getting ridding of them). I never try to nurse Abigail except on weekend mornings though, because she is a VERY fussy nurser and I just don't have the time for that before I have to go to work. She is happier with her bottle anyway I always get some kind of breakfast. If I am too busy that morning, I have oatmeal in my desk at work I can eat when I get there. Or I do like I did when I was pregnant and take a ziploc bag of dry Kix with me to work and munch on that.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
November 3rd, 2011, 05:03 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What time do you go to bed? It used to be between 10:00 and 11:00, but right now it's usually between 8:00 and 9:00.

What time do the kiddos go to bed? Around 7:00.

Are all your kiddos sleeping through the night, or how often do they wake? I think we've had one night so far when neither was up. They aren't up long, but each is usually up at least once. Last night they were up 3 times together.

What time do you get up in the morning? Usually around 6:00, but some mornings I'm up by 5:15 to go swimming with a team.

What do the first couple of hours of your day look like? Do you work outside the home? Take the kids to school or a day care? Do you always get breakfast eaten? (For our preggies especially,) Are you getting sick in the mornings? I get up and spend a couple minutes on my laptop, then I empty the dishwasher or put dry hand washed dishes away from last night. The kids get up and we have breakfast. Then we all get dressed, play and are out the door usually by 8:30. We go to the gym, a toddler group or their preschool. Breakfast is always eaten by all of us. I make oatmeal or eggs some mornings and I keep home made frozen whole wheat waffles with shredded veggies in them in the freezer. The kids want the waffles most mornings. Morning is my best time of day. I feel much worse as the day goes on.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 3rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What time do you go to bed? 10-11pm

What time do the kiddos go to bed? 7-8pm

Are all your kiddos sleeping through the night, or how often do they wake? Just Austin sttn. The twins are up again 2-3 times a night.....sometimes just once. Dalton was sttn and now has back tracked.

What time do you get up in the morning? 5-6am

What do the first couple of hours of your day look like? Do you work outside the home? Take the kids to school or a day care? Do you always get breakfast eaten? (For our preggies especially,) Are you getting sick in the mornings? Me looking like a zombie, down the first pot of coffee in about an hour. Some days I make a nice breakfast but usually I don't have time it cold cereal or toast/waffles. I hardly eat breakfast (normally I am just not hungry). Austin goes to preschool 3 days a week. so those mornings are a bit crazy.

November 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
What time do you go to bed? as close to midnight as I can, between midnight and 1. Sometimes as late as 2am.

What time do the kiddos go to bed?
My 7 and 8yo go to bed at 11pm. The twins go with me, and my oldest goes whenever I don't need his help with the twins any more, so about the same time. (Hubby is at work!)

Are all your kiddos sleeping through the night, or how often do they wake?
My 7yo would not sleep through the night if it weren't for melatonin. My 8yo is an early riser. :x My 12yo I think has issues falling asleep.... And the twins, well, we are still having sleep issues with the twins - but the last 3 nights or so have been better, waking up only a couple of times.

What time do you get up in the morning? What is this "morning" you speak of? Depending on how much sleep I got, usually in the neighborhood of 11am, give or take an hour.

What do the first couple of hours of your day look like? Do you work outside the home? Take the kids to school or a day care? Do you always get breakfast eaten? (For our preggies especially,) Are you getting sick in the mornings?

Usually, I get up and get myself something to eat. If I don't my blood sugar drops and I get the shakes! usually it's cold cereal, but now that the weather is cooler it will be oatmeal or cream of wheat more often. Sometimes we have toaster waffles. Breakfast is pretty much every man for himself, and the kids can all fix what they want. I read my Bible lesson while I eat, and usually somewhere in there the twins wake up. My oldest helps me with them so I can get my Bible reading done. Then I check email and FB before we get started with school, between noon and 1pm. I know that's not "morning" any more, but it's when our day gets started! We're on an odd schedule, but it works for us and we love it.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search