OT - Thanksgiving

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your family?

What are your plans for this year?

Do you try to fit in both families (yours and in-laws) in one day? Do you have it at your house?

What kinds of foods do you eat? Many people eat the traditional fare, but it seems that more and more people are stepping outside the box and having a feast of whatever-they-want.

Do you have any November/Thanksgiving traditions?

Do you decorate for fall, harvest, Thanksgiving, etc? What sorts of decorations do you have out or will you get out for T-day?

Are you doing anything this week or next to prepare for the festivities?

Are you already prepping for Christmas/etc? What does that involve, and when will you put up those decorations?

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
November 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your family? Yes we do!!!!

What are your plans for this year? Most likely spend it at my grandma's house or with friends!!

Do you try to fit in both families (yours and in-laws) in one day? Do you have it at your house? I wish I could but my family is back in cali and SO's is here in Washington

What kinds of foods do you eat? Many people eat the traditional fare, but it seems that more and more people are stepping outside the box and having a feast of whatever-they-want. I make the traditional kind. Turkey, mashed tatters, gravy, green beans. But I make a ham as well just cuz i LOVE ham!

Do you have any November/Thanksgiving traditions? We watch the cowboys play!!!

Do you decorate for fall, harvest, Thanksgiving, etc? What sorts of decorations do you have out or will you get out for T-day? I usually put out a inflatable turkey.

Are you doing anything this week or next to prepare for the festivities? Just packing to go to cali.

Are you already prepping for Christmas/etc? What does that involve, and when will you put up those decorations? Oh jeez no lol im not lol
?
November 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Austinsmama2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your family? Yes

What are your plans for this year? Having dinner at my aunts house (mom's side)

Do you try to fit in both families (yours and in-laws) in one day? Nope the inlaws live in AZ and dh's brother lives in Alaska

Do you have it at your house? No

What kinds of foods do you eat? The typical turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, apple pie etc.

Do you have any November/Thanksgiving traditions? Not really. Usually just put christmas decorations up sometime this month.

Do you decorate for fall, harvest, Thanksgiving, etc? What sorts of decorations do you have out or will you get out for T-day? I don't have many. I normally just skip right to christmas decor

Are you doing anything this week or next to prepare for the festivities? Nope. This year I was told not to bring anything because the family knows I am pretty busy with the babes. But I will probably make something anyway,.

Are you already prepping for Christmas/etc? What does that involve, and when will you put up those decorations? This month. I need to start shopping and would love to start baking some cookies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwright17 View Post
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your family? Yes we do!!!!

What are your plans for this year? Most likely spend it at my grandma's house or with friends!!

Do you try to fit in both families (yours and in-laws) in one day? Do you have it at your house? I wish I could but my family is back in cali and SO's is here in Washington

What kinds of foods do you eat? Many people eat the traditional fare, but it seems that more and more people are stepping outside the box and having a feast of whatever-they-want. I make the traditional kind. Turkey, mashed tatters, gravy, green beans. But I make a ham as well just cuz i LOVE ham!

Do you have any November/Thanksgiving traditions? We watch the cowboys play!!!

Do you decorate for fall, harvest, Thanksgiving, etc? What sorts of decorations do you have out or will you get out for T-day? I usually put out a inflatable turkey.

Are you doing anything this week or next to prepare for the festivities? Just packing to go to cali.

Are you already prepping for Christmas/etc? What does that involve, and when will you put up those decorations? Oh jeez no lol im not lol
?
Ashley, I just noticed you are right across the river from me!!! I am about 15 minutes south of you lol!

November 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Quote:
Ashley, I just noticed you are right across the river from me!!! I am about 15 minutes south of you lol!

WOW really someone that close lol whoot!!!
November 11th, 2011, 03:42 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your family? Absolutely! It's a day to give thanks to God Almighty for all the many blessings in our lives.

What are your plans for this year? For the first time maybe EVER, hubby will NOT have to work that evening! As a baker and 3rd shift worker, he's always had the night before T-day off, but since stores are open the day after he's always had to go in that night! This year he won't have to do that, and I am so excited! Plus, we are right here near family, so I guess we'll do the whole "his mom's for lunch, my mom's for dinner" thing. Fun stuff!

Oh, and hubby being a baker-by-personality means yummy pies and rolls! And maybe this year he'll actually have time to do them!

Do you try to fit in both families (yours and in-laws) in one day? Do you have it at your house? In years previous, when we lived in Austin/San Antonio, we had it our house several times. A couple of times my family came to my house, and a couple of times we were by ourselves. This year we'll be back to both families in one day, and I love it!

What kinds of foods do you eat? Traditional - both turkey AND ham, yams, green bean casserole, hopefully home made rolls and definitely pumpkin pie!!

Do you have any November/Thanksgiving traditions? Not really, but I hope to start some. There's a religious community near us (not Amish but kinda similar) that holds a festival the weekend after Thanksgiving and I hope to go to that maybe on Saturday. I also hope to do some Black Friday shopping, but that will depend on finances.

Do you decorate for fall, harvest, Thanksgiving, etc? What sorts of decorations do you have out or will you get out for T-day? I love fall decorations! But don't have many. I want to start collecting the scarecrows and decorate for harvest/fall. I love the dried wreaths, and straw brooms, and colored leaves! Some of the pumpkin stuff is cute too, but I'm all about reusable. LOL

Are you doing anything this week or next to prepare for the festivities?
I was given a pumpkin that I cooked and is now in the fridge awaiting yummy things like pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin milkshakes... but that's about it so far. Going to work soon on figuring out what I'm going to contribute to the family meals!

Are you already prepping for Christmas/etc? What does that involve, and when will you put up those decorations? Beginning to plan what we'd like to get for the kids. Thank goodness this year for BlackFriday2011.com!!! Not sure what our budget will look like yet, but have in mind a few special things. No decorations until the day after Thanksgiving! If I go shopping then it will be that evening probably, depending on if hubby shops with me or stays home. I hope they don't do all the decorating without me, but I wouldn't be disappointed to find outside lights up and the tree together.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
November 12th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your family? Yep, turkey is important! (and it is about being thankful too, but turkey is a nice benefit!)

What are your plans for this year? Nothing exciting. If my neighbors invite us again this year (they have every other year since we moved here), then we will go over there. If not a few people from church are getting together there to share food/fellowship.

Do you try to fit in both families (yours and in-laws) in one day? Do you have it at your house? Nope. My parents live 16-17 hours one direction, and my in-laws are 24 hours and 2-3 days the other direction, so if we do go visit, then we only have to worry about visiting one at a time. On the down side it means we don't get to see any of them often.

What kinds of foods do you eat? Many people eat the traditional fare, but it seems that more and more people are stepping outside the box and having a feast of whatever-they-want. I love all the traditional thanksgiving food, so it is definitely turkey, taters, dressing (aka stuffing, but I don't "stuff" the turkey with it, so I think that makes it dressing?), cranberry sauce, gravy, some kind of veggie, an usually apple pie

Do you have any November/Thanksgiving traditions? Not really ...

Do you decorate for fall, harvest, Thanksgiving, etc? What sorts of decorations do you have out or will you get out for T-day? Again, not really. I have one door decoration I made years ago, that is a wooden fence. I painted it to look weathered and painted and glued two wooden pumpkins, some silk fall leaves, and some real twigs. It is my Fall decoration for our door

Are you doing anything this week or next to prepare for the festivities? Yep, cooking thanksgiving dinner My FIL came to visit this weekend, so we did a thanksgiving meal with him on Thursday. It was YUMMY and now I get thanksgiving leftovers! We bought my FIL the ticket to visit back for father's day. We knew he wouldn't want to visit when the kids were infants, but this weekend was good, beause the kids are almost 6 months, so he can interact with them more, we could celebrate and early thanksgiving, and we got to watch the Blue Angels Homecomng Air Show yesterday, and he is a big Blue Angels fan.

Are you already prepping for Christmas/etc? What does that involve, and when will you put up those decorations? Not yet. We will go cut down our christmas tree thanksgiving weekend. DH volunteered us to host a christmas party for the local car club at our house, so I definitely have to actually get the tree up and some decorations around the house by the 2nd weekend of dec

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search