Maternity cloths?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Ok so since Im plus size and only gonna get bigger lol does anyone know of places or websites that sale maternity cloth for plus size. Ive check torrid already and they have some stuff but kinda pricey.

Last edited by abwright17; November 11th, 2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: miss spelling
November 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah . you are in the same boat as me, and the selection was not easy to find. Old Navy sells plus size maternity, but only online, not in the stores. Motherhood Maternity had some (both online and my local store started selling it). My local Sears and JC Penney's both had a little bit, but I didn't really like the selection.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
November 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae-of-Sunshine View Post
Yeah . you are in the same boat as me, and the selection was not easy to find. Old Navy sells plus size maternity, but only online, not in the stores. Motherhood Maternity had some (both online and my local store started selling it). My local Sears and JC Penney's both had a little bit, but I didn't really like the selection.
Yea same here I went to JCpenney just to look and yea nothing. I want to get something that is going to fit later down the line and for a lil bit after i have the girls.
November 11th, 2011, 08:20 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I was going to say Old Navy also. I just ended up doing super-plus sized clothes for the most part.

I did find some 2x maternity stuff at Target that worked until the last 6 weeks or so. Found a nice black top (I had to attend a funeral) and a stretch-top skirt that worked nicely. They fit loosely now... the skirt is loose enough that I have to be careful about it some, but I have huge hips so I just watch that my undies don't show.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
November 11th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will tell you that I didn't like the Old Navy pants ... the belly band had stitching in it that wouldn't stretch and they were too restrictive then. My absolute favorite pants were anything with the "Secret Fit Belly" from Motherhood Maternity ... SOO comfy. I had a pair of khaki's that could roll up into capris, another pair of khaki's for work, and a pair of shorts with this, and I LOVED them all. I wore them from the time I started wearing maternity pants around 14-15 weeks I think all the way up until I had the babies. They stretched with me and were SO comfy. I wore the shorts for a while afterwards too and hated to give them up, because they were comfier than any of my pre=pregnancy shorts

Psalm 139:9-10
]
November 14th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Super Mommy
I think Target has some plus size maternity stuff. Also, last time i was pregnant I got some clothes at Shopko and Kohls, not sure if they had plus size stuff, but another place to check out. Also, when i was pregnant last time, most of my tops were actually regular clothes a size bigger. Since baby-doll or A-line tops were in style then (and kind of still are) and they were really long it worked out pretty good to just wear those. For me I didn't get any bigger in the arms, so wearing regular clothes that was just long and a stretchy material worked for me. Also, for my baby shower I wanted something a little more dressy, so I bought a jr's sun-dress, and wore pants with it. no one else knew it was supposed to be a super short dress and not a long top....with having to accomidate another growing baby this time, I'm assuming that will only work for so long this time.
November 15th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Pre-pregnancy I was a size 14/16 depending on the pants, and I've gained around 25 lbs so I've been looking into finding bigger, maybe plus size maternity clothes too. While its absolutely hit or miss, I've bought a couple work khakis from Goodwill/Savers (one pair was Old Navy, one was Motherhood) that have done me well for the last couple months. Needless to say I am outgrowing them and need to make another trip in the next week lol... Its just so dang hard for me to justify the prices of new clothes from Motherhood maternity or the like when I know I won't wear them longer than a month or two. :/

November 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Yea ive just been wearing dresses, their more comfortable anyway lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search