If you had a breech baby...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 07:20 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When did they turn or didn't they? Baby A has been breech and Baby B transverse since 13 weeks. Of course, I wasn't concerned then, knowing that they still had plenty of time and room to turn. At 20 weeks, I asked if they would run out of room sooner since I have 2 in there. The MFM doctor said usually by 28-30 weeks, they are in their final position. So, here I am, 29w3d and they are still breech and transverse. Also, I am bigger now that I have been at 40 weeks with my other kids so I'm really thinking they don't have room. Of course, they can still turn at any time, I just feel like it's highly unlikely. I'm still hoping they surprise me but I am mentally preparing myself for a c-section.

January 2nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
trying to remember back to when my DIL was carrying twins. one was transverse and stayed that way all along. she did have a c-section but that was understood from the beginning because at kaiser they told her they did not do anything but c-sections on multiples.

~~terre~~
January 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
April Flowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby A was vertex from about 20 weeks on, but baby B was usually breech. Between my u/s at 36w and my induction at 37w, she flipped to transverse. Luckily, the ob who was doing the sono was an idiot and told me she had flipped head down so we were good to go with a vaginal delivery. Since I didn't want a c-section, I didn't correct him that he was looking at the wrong foot. I delivered A vertex and B stuck her foot out and the doc was able to reach up and turn her from inside and bring her out butt first.

I would say your chances of baby A flipping are still possible.

Gorgeous siggy courtesy of tasha_mae!
Oct 26, 2010--Thing 1 is a BOY and Thing 2 is a GIRL

January 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. They said that in order for me to try for a vaginal delivery, that Baby A needs to be head down. She's a stubborn one, that's for sure. I just really don't want to have a c-section but I guess it has it's upsides, too. I'm just so nervous about surgery in general and recovery with newborn twins and 2 toddlers.

January 3rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby A was vertex from the get go and stayed that way, so I don't know too much about flipping, though I suppose Baby B did some moving for me. Baby B was vertex sometimes, transverse sometimes, sometimes sitting on her brothers head, and one time the poor tech couldn't figure out which way she was. My OB was like yours and said that Baby A had to be head down to try for a vaginal delivery, but he didn't care what position Baby B was in. I can tell you though if you end up with a c-section it is not terrible. I tried for a vaginal delivery, but Baby A refused to budge ... he would not come out no matter what we tried ... i think he was just comfy in there ... so finally they decided to go for a c-section after all. I didn't think the recovery was that bad, but then I didn't have other kids running around. For your sake, I hope you are able to avoid it!

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search