Joining!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 04:55 AM
fka lmsan
Hello ladies!

I am Laura, expecting twins due June 17th, and would like to finally join this group. I also have a son who is turning 2 in a couple of weeks. With DS I wasn't one to solicit advice - to me taking care of a baby and raising a healthy, happy, well adjusted child always seemed like common sense to me. BUT, I feel like twins is a whole new ball game, and I have to admit I am really nervous, mostly about the first 6 months.

So, if you all don't mind too much, I'd love to bombard you with some questions!!

and just a little more about me (for background on the questions!): I am 28, DH is 38 and a WAHD. He hated having DS in daycare 8+ hours a day, 5 days a week (and his job, lol) and opted to take a major pay cut to make very little money working from home. It was very part time, but lately he's been really busy and is hoping to turn it into a real job with real pay, which would be great for our finances but hard with a toddler. I recently finished up my post-grad degree and have a boat load of student loans (6 figures, close to $2K a month to pay on time), so getting full time help or care when the twins come is out of the question, as is me working less than full time.

I don't want to be a pain, but I really do have a million questions for BTDT twin/multiples mommies, and would love to share ideas with those expecting, so in this case, all of your advice is very much appreciated! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Big Brother Darius excited for the arrival of
Marcus and Sophie
January 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I have no advice yet as my little ones are still baking but I have asked tons of questions and everyone has been very helpful.

January 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats again. Ask away! We all have lots of questions when it comes to twins. It's a whole different ball game than having 1 and different things work for different people, but I'm sure you'll get advice that helps.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Veteran
Welcome, everyone around here is very helpful. I also recommend joining your local mothers of twins club. You can find it through the national chapter here:

National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs, Inc - Home

Mine has been great for advise, free twin breastfeeding classes and free and cheap supplies through the classified section!
January 7th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome. Ditto what everyone else said. These ladies were great with all my questions when I was expecting and I will be glad to help with what I can also. My DH is a SAHD and I work, so there are definitely some similarites there if you have questions on going back to work ... or on him managing them both.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Welcome and congrats! :congratulations:

Ask away! I love answering questions! My twins were numbers 4 and 5 and I was an information freak even before these babies, and I love helping others who have tons of questions. Hopefully we can be of some help! Can't wait to get to know you!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
January 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
fka lmsan
Thank you all!!!

Hmm, now when do I start bombarding you all with questions, fears etc.

Marcus and Sophie
January 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
lol .. jump in ... I remember I have a LOT of questions this time last year

]
January 14th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
you can PM me if you want my phone number. you can call or text me anytime. having twins is amazing and a lot of work so i would love to help you in any way!
January 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, welcome! I lurk in the Jan10 PR, my little man Jake will be 2 on Feb 2! I have 9 mo old g/g frat twins I ended up quitting my better-paying job to stay home with the kids (we have 4) and my husband works 2 jobs, he can't handle all 4 of our kids so that's how it has to be for us right now, surprisingly it's working! lol. feel free to post here with any questions you have! If you want to be FB friends feel free to add me

Crystal Towler Diaz | Facebook

It always helps to have as many MoM's friends as you can get These ladies helped keep me sane during my pregnancy and the first 6 months.
January 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Crystal, I'm adding you on FB if that's okay!

Laura, c'mon with those questions any time you like! Could use a little help keeping the room busy - still coming down off of Christmas here and kinda nuts.

I just had to come back and say that I think it's SO fantastic that your hubby is a WAHD. What an exciting thing, and an experience most kids don't get to have. They'll have a special relationship! That's just fun. I think it's very cool!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
January 19th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Amanda. My kids are similarly spaced as yours. My oldest son was almost 2 when my twins were born. My oldest is now 8 and my twins are 6.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
January 21st, 2012, 04:58 AM
fka lmsan
Nice to "meet" you all!! And I look forward to getting to know you!

Quote:
I just had to come back and say that I think it's SO fantastic that your hubby is a WAHD. What an exciting thing, and an experience most kids don't get to have. They'll have a special relationship! That's just fun. I think it's very cool!
Thanks! This might sound weird, but its good to hear that. Although it seems that more and more dads are staying home, its still not really acknowledged or fully accepted by society. I bought him a diaper bag for his birthday and it was a nightmare finding one for a dad that wasn't just intended for a quick outing on a weekend (they even had names indicating as much). He's also gotten booted out of an online mom group (no active dad's groups) and had a kind of negative experience at a play group. It was a huge adjustment for us (does the house really have to look like a tornado hit it everyday when I come home?), but it has worked out great. I am excited to see how my kids turn out because I think they will have a unique perspective being with DH all day. And I can't complain that he felt so strongly that he should be home with Darius instead of keeping him at daycare that he made personal sacrifices. It's very sweet to see how much he loves Darius - he was overseas on business last week and at first I thought he was being over dramatic, but he really truly couldn't stand being without DS for a few days.

Marcus and Sophie
January 21st, 2012, 09:13 AM
Hey .. I just wanted to say I can definitely understand a lot of that with DH being a SAHD also. He went and got himself a camoflauge backpack that was more intended for hunting, etc, but it has lots of great little pockets, and we use that for a diaper bag. He did find a great online forum for SAHD's, so if your DH is still interested in something online, tell him to check out Dad Stays Home - Place for Stay at Home Dads to Share Daddyhood Experiences - Powered by vBulletin ... it also has WAHD's on there. ... and some other dad's of twins also, because I know DH has shared experiences with them.

]

Last edited by Rae-of-Sunshine; January 21st, 2012 at 09:15 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search