Just found out I am having twins

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smashley

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Veteran
I had my first ultrasound yesterday and got the unexpected news that I am having twins:

My first question is, is it normal to not feel excited or happy at all? This is our first pregnancy and it was unplanned, I am 23 and I wanted to wait to have a baby in my 30's and I wanted to be one and done, I have had a terrible pregnancy so far because I have Hyperemesis Gravidarum and I have already been in hospital once due to it, I have also just been switched meds because the first (Zofran) didn't work at all.

I am shocked but my biggest feelings are fear and I hate to say it but dread, I only wanted one child and I just can't imagine having two, nevermind two at once.

I just already feel like a bad mother and that I am barely cut out to be a mother to one, nevermind twins.

They are both very healthy and they are both measuring a few days ahead, they are most likely fraternal.

Any advice would be appreciated at all, I am so scared, thanks very much.

January 5th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your twins! Your feelings are normal. I'm sure you will do great. Hugs!

January 6th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone's situation is different. If you weren't planning on having kids yet and only wanted one, then I'm not surprised you're feeling a little on edge about it. Getting the news that you're expecting twins is a little crazy. I promise you have a lot of hard times ahead, but you also will get to see something amazing that singleton moms don't get to witness. The way twins interact is so much fun.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are normal feelings. We planned to have a big family. We decided to go for #6, our final baby, and it ended up being twins. I was sad. You will come around though, and eventually be excited. I'm so ready for my babies to be here, but I know it's going to be hard for a while. I'm just hoping I get 2 very easy babies who like to eat and sleep. (((HUGS))) Everything will be ok.

January 7th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your feelings are completely normal. We planned and were trying for our "baby" and were still SHOCKED to find out it was twins ... the shock went down a lot, but never really wore off until they were born .. and even sometimes after we still find it hard to believe we have twins. The shock and fear are normal, and I think even more so if it was not a planned pregnancy. I will say though that while havign twins is hard and VERY time consuming, it is also a wonderful thing. Now that I have two, I can't imagine doing it any other way. We are here to help answer questions ... you can do this

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i was on the depo shot when i found out i was pregnant. then we found out it was twins. such a shock. We went through a lot...every emotion. I think everything you feel it normal.

Sit back and relax...it will be a crazy 9 month and you will come to fall in love with your babies over and over.

It took me a long time to feel connected to my babies and when it happened it was the most amazing a beautiful moment. And now, holding them....its beyond words.
January 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Hello! Welcome, and congrats!

I agree - every emotion under the sun came out in my pregnancy also. We were also going for "the last one" and ended up with two instead. These things work themselves out, and you'll love them both! Promise! :hugs:

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine were unplanned, and I am single, so I was petrified also. I was pissed off for a while, but then I couldn't imagine there only being one. I was in about 80% denial though until 30 weeks. Occasionally it would hit me, but I would push it away. Now I look at them, and I couldn't imagine life without either of them.

I never thought I would be able to say this, and I never believed anyone when they did, but it does get better.
dalynnrmc likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search