Introduction, I'm joining! :)

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies! I'm joining your group because DH and I just found out that we're having twins this morning!

My name is Jillian, I am 25, DH is 26, we are from Maryland, and we have one daughter, Genevieve Madalyn, who is 9 months old. We found out we were pregnant a couple of weeks ago and were very excited... we weren't trying but we wanted closely spaced siblings so we were excited all the same. We had an ultrasound scheduled for this morning to date the pregnancy because I wasn't sure how far along I was and the ultrasound tech said "here is the sac, and here is the baby" and then she said "here is another sac, and here is another baby" and we both started laughing (in shock) and saying "are you serious?!" a lot.

We are both very excited, but I'm pretty nervous too because our due date is September 30th which would make them just about 17 months apart, but I know twins are often born early so they'll probably be more like 16 months apart.

Does anyone else have twins closely spaced to another child? I could definitely use advice in planning/parenting.

Thanks so much and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

February 8th, 2012, 08:56 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First of all, congratulations! My last 4 kids will be very closely spaced. When my 4th was 9 months old, I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter. They are 18 months and a day apart. Then when she was 9 months old, I got pregnant with our twins. They will be just under 18 months apart. I will let you know how it goes. I had a rough time with the 18 month age gap last time so I don't think it will be any easier this time, especially with 2. But we'll both survive and so will our kids. And I think they'll all be really close when they're older.

February 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Wow, congratulations!! Prayers for a safe and uneventful pregnancy for you!

Our twins are 6 years younger the next youngest sibling. Sorry, no help there! LOL (My sister has a baby who is just 3 months older than my twins, so when she's with us it's lots of fun, but that's nothing like having a third for real.) There is at least one mom here with triplets! And a couple for sure with a singleton toddler plus twin infants. Maybe not quite as close as yours, but in the ball park.

Can't wait to get to know you! Thanks for coming in!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 9th, 2012, 10:08 PM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! This will be kindof like sharing a DDC again but not quite lol. You know I've been there, I am here anytime you have a question. Jake and the girls are 14 mos apart. I L.O.V.E. it!
February 10th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome! These are my only two, so no advice there, but we have a mom in our local MoM's group here that is due in March with a singleton. When that baby is born she will have 4 under 3. I foget exactly how old the oldest child will be, but then her twins will be about 15 months and the new baby. Crazy, but doable

Psalm 139:9-10
]
February 10th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congratulations! How exciting!!

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search