I could cry

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By anexia
  • 1 Post By HopeToBeAMom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How on earth has it only been 3 weeks and a day since they've been born? I don't want to sound ungrateful or like I don't love them, but I'm so exhausted and this 2 at a time thing is really difficult. And my 3 year old and 18 month old make things even harder. Today I had to stop my 18 month old from feeding Seth a piece of popcorn. Anyway, I just needed to have a little vent. I seriously can't believe it's only been 3 weeks. It easily seems like it's been twice that. I just needed to share where maybe someone can understand. I really enjoy the times that dh is here to help and we each have a baby and the older kids are in bed. It's peaceful and enjoyable.

March 5th, 2012, 12:36 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Hello there mama!

Indeed, even though it's only been three weeks you've done six weeks worth of baby care! It's hard! And you deserve a nap. And a shower.

It's okay!! They'll be fine and you'll be fine, even if you all have a billion meltdowns in the meantime. Meltdowns are okay!

Know what else is okay? Shortcuts. On dinner, on laundry, on everything. Take care of babies and you, and enlist help for everything else. Help might only be hubby and, guess what? - that's okay too.

I think for most of us, the first few weeks (around 6 maybe?) was kind of a blur. Almost no sleep, most of us had next-to-no help, someone else has to figure out food if anyone is to eat, etc. It's kind of blurry, but hang on Momma it gets better!!!

Love and hugs and prayers!! Thanks for popping in!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember that time too well ... and I can only imagine dealing with two toddlers also! I don't imagine you ever get all 4 napping at once to give you a chance to do the same. I second the take shortcuts with everything non-kid related advice.

Dishes? Forget it - that's why paper plates were invented
Dinner? Frozen lasagna sounds great

If you can manage to get a shower in while DH is home though, I recommend those. They helped me feel human.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
March 5th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
one day soon....this happened around 2 months for me....things just became easier. Then the beauty of it all really started to come through.

hang in there
March 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there. It can be so rough in the beginning. It will get better. Right now you just have to be in survival mode. It doesn't matter what gets done aroudn the house. As long as everyone stays safe you're doing fine.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 6th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Each day will get a little bit better, momming multiples is nothing like momming singletons, its a whole new experience-take it one breath at a time

Lucky mother to five!

March 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Veteran
Love my girls but I wouldnt relive those first 8 weeks for anything. Dont worry if everything else goes out the window. We spent a lot of time in our pjs watching cartoons and eating dry cereal on the couch. A few months of survival is what matters.
Smashley likes this.
April 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I so know how you feel, I went through that too. I was so overwhelmed with triplets and when DH was working late, I'd sit and literally just cry. Hard, hard, hard! Anyone that says different has got to be lying!!! For me, things got better around 2 months or so. They started sleeping through the night then and it just got better! Sleep was the main thing for me. I thought, If I can get a good bit of sleep, I can handle anything. But yes, that beginning part is a blur. Hang in there!
Just_Marie likes this.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
April 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, just seeing this now!! Hang in there! I hope things are now a bit better for you. Ask your OB about post partum depression. I was on meds before getting pregnant for depression, but even so my OB was hesitant to put me back on them until he was sure it was not just "typical" baby blues. The first few weeks were SO hard for me. SO hard. I felt exactly like you do. Know that it WILL get better. You will get through it. If there is any way at all that someone could take care of them while you get sleep, do it. Feel free to send me a message, I know just how you feel. Mine are 4 now!!! It will always be difficult- and I can't imagine how difficult w/ 2 other toddlers!!! Wow. Get somebody to help out. Hugs!

May 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oooh I remember those first few weeks so very clearly. It does get better! I joke when I talk to women pregnant with twins. . .Take a lot of pictures of the first 6 weeks because you're not going to remember a thing!. . .it's horrible but very true.

Your post made me teary eyed just remembering how hopeless I felt. I hope you're feeling better today. I had a 14 month old and a 6 year old as well as the nb twins so our children have pretty similar age gaps.

You can do this! 3-4 more weeks and it will get better every day. By six months you might actually be happy there are two instead of one and by 10 months to a year you might even use the term "Fun". the past couple weeks I have been tickled pink that I've got two girls instead of one and I'm not ashamed to admit that it took me this long. (my girls are 12 mos)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search