iphone apps for twin pregnancy? and weight gain?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2012, 07:03 AM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies, my iPhone (singleton) pregnancy app just told me my weight gain was "excessive". I've gained 4 lbs since Feb 12th, I'm almost 9 weeks now.
Do I need to be more careful about what I'm eating? I'm just trying to get by because of morning sickness, but I have been eating not the most low fat things.

are there any iPhone apps that track my weight and the development for multiples or twins?

Or do I just need to make my own chart and figure out what the appropriate weight gain is and ignore the app.
March 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
according to these:

Pregnancy Weight Gain Tracker | Tools | BabyCenter

Pregnancy weight gain calculator

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator

Managing Your Weight Gain With Twins

I've probably gained 2lbs more than I should, so I probably should cut back a little and be more careful?

but I'd still love to have an app for twins. :\
March 9th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every person's body gains weight differently. I went through a long stretch where I lost, then I didn't gain and then gained 10 lbs in a month. I think that as long as you are eating healthy and getting lots of protein, you don't need to obsess too much about the weight. Just make sure you aren't eating a bunch of empty calories from refined carbs (white flour) and sugar. I don't know of any apps for multiple weight gain. I do know that there are plenty of web sites out there to track gain during a single pregnancy and if you plug into the site that you're having multiples it won't accept you.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 9th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I'm worried because I've been eating whatever I could stomach because of morning sickness... and that's not really healthy stuff. Like I'll have a fast-food chicken sandwich instead of a salad with chicken on it.
March 10th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ate whatever I could in the first trimester, which wasn't much. I lived off of bagels and cream cheese, cereal with milk and an occasional canned soup (which I normally wouldn't touch). I lost 10 lbs because I could barely eat. My Dr. was more concerned about me getting calories and protein than the quality of what I was eating. As soon as I could stomach it, I started loading up on protein. Protein really is a huge factor in any pregnancy, but especially so in a twin pregnancy. As soon as you can start stomaching healthy food, make the switch.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
thanks! I'll do my best!
March 23rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OB has told me 31-55 lbs is expected weight gain with twins. She said basically they do not ever get concerned with "overgaining" with twins, just under gaining...

That being said, I'm up 23 lbs from pre-preg and 11pbs of that is in the past 3 weeks I honestly wouldn't worry or get too hung up on 4 lbs... Seems fine to me, but ask your OB at your next appt.
March 24th, 2012, 11:32 AM
ericswife11's Avatar twin girls coming soon!
Oh man. i feel like i have gained like 10 pounds in the last few weeks. A lot of it is probably just bloat but I've worried also about the quality of what im eating. I just had tostinos pizza rolls for lunch i know its gross but its easy and it doesn't really have a smell and it doesnt upset my stomach thank god. I'm just trying to get through the first rrimester to be honest.
Nov, 17 2011 HCG- 149.1
Nov, 19 2011 HCG- 248.1
Said good bye to our 3rd little bean Nov. 27, 2011

March 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I'm just not going to worry about gaining "too much" instead just trying to eat lots of things on the good for pregnancy list.

I got that book "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy" since a couple moms here recommended it. they recommend gaining a fair amount of weight really early in the pregnancy.
March 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't stress too much about it. Definitely eat healthy foods when you can and talk to your dr. if your weight concerns you. I was worried about it at the beginning, because I am REALLY overweight, and for a single baby most books said I should only gain about 10 lbs total, and I wondered how that translated to twins. My doctor said he had seen moms gain very little or a LOT and still have healthy babies. He was worried more about how the babies were growing than how much weight I was gaining. I didn't gain really any weight at all until over halfway through, and only gained a total of around 25 lbs (and lost twice that much within 2 weeks of delivering). Again, I was really overweight though. My point though is make sure you are eating healthy foods for you and the babies, and talk to you dr. about weight gain as it relates to you and how your babies are doing. I don't think there is one right answer for everyone.

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search