It's a Twin Thang...

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Wife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 10:43 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
You hear, before you ever think about the possibility of being a mother to twins, about all sorts of cool twin things - their own language, twin-esp, a special connection, yadda yadda. Then you find out you're expecting twins and go to finding out the realities of it all, and find those things to be rarer and more common with identical twins and not so much with fraternals.

And mine are fraternals. But, now that they are a little bigger, I'm noticing a few of the stereotypical twin-isms that I had discounted ever being able to see! I think I did a thread already on their own little language - we are signing with our twins, and their language to each other is also signs. I'm not sure if that will be easier or more difficult to interpret? LOL

Anyway, this week it's the ESP thing. And no, I don't really believe in the paranormal ESP that you hear about, but obviously these babies think along the same train tracks and in very similar timing.

They'll be nursing, and one will let go and look at the other, so the second will let go, and they'll switch sides. Nothing said, no signs, no nothing, just "swap time!" and they swap. Sometimes they do it without any of the precursors and it confuses me. I told them just yesterday, HEY! Mommy doesn't have that twin-thing going on! You gotta TELL ME!!

What funny twin-thangs do yours do?

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 15th, 2012, 09:09 AM
The Wife's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to The Wife
Honestly, since this is all new to me, I expected my twins to be soooo attached to each other straight out of the womb -- but that didn't happen.

Eventually after a few months they started 'noticing' each other, and then eventually started to look at and talk to each other, only here and there. They don't go out of their way to do this, it's usually only if we put them in front of each other.

Some twin-thangs that have been happening - are that they poop at the exact time. And if one doesn't poop all day, neither does the other. Sometimes if one gets hurt (scratches herself with her nails) the other one screams out. It is a bit creepy.

Otherwise, as of right now, they are sooo individual it's like they aren't even twins.

I have to say though, I can almost guarantee that things will be different when they grow up and they will be closer and more alike than ever.

My younger sister and I are 3 years apart, but b/c we shared a bedroom together our entire lives we are like twins. We have our own language and twin-isms... We have that telepathy and esp and experience things the other person is experience and can recall things as if they were our own memories. We are just very close to each other. So I do not believe you have to be a twin to have that bond. :-)
dalynnrmc likes this.

Stop by, we'd love to have you!
--> www.BECAUSEOFMATCH.com

March 15th, 2012, 05:29 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wife View Post
Some twin-thangs that have been happening - are that they poop at the exact time. And if one doesn't poop all day, neither does the other.
I remember this! ROFL

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to say I haven't seen anything yet that I would consider a "twin" thing. Mine never liked to sleep together, don't do anything at the same time, and now are more likely to crawl on top of each other than to play "together". They do notice each other, and feed off the other (both happy and crying times), but that is about it ....

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search