Diaper Bag Help!!!!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
WifeyHayes's Avatar Marine Wife expecting 2nd
Send a message via Yahoo to WifeyHayes
Hey mommies!

So I have a daughter, she will be 2 when the twins are due in May/June. I will be the sole care giver, as my husband is in the marines and gone often. I am looking for a diaper bag that will work for ALL 3 children; two newborns and a 2 year old. So far, I have my mind set on the Ju Ju Be 'Be Prepared'.

Be Prepared at Ju-Ju-Be in MARVELOUS MUMS, PRETTY TWEET, SHADOW WALTZ, BLACK/SILVER, BROWN/ROBIN, BROWN/BUBBLEGUM, COBALT BLOSSOMS, DRIP DROPS, EVENING VINES, FUCHSIA BLOSSOMS, LOTUS LULLABY, MIDNIGHT ECLIPSE, ZANY ZINNIAS, SAFARI STRIPES, JUJUBERRY

There are some women that think it's too big, and I was told to go for the the Ju Ju Be BFF... well I checked the BFF out in store and MAN is it ever too small. Its actually smaller than the diaper bag I use just for my daughter!

I wasnt able to find a Be Prepared to see it in person, but I love the organization of it, and it's made for twins!

Any thoughts? What do you use? What have you used and regret buying? What would you love to have?

THANKS!!!!

March 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well ... we don't use a traditional diaper bag. DH is a SAHD and he wasn't about to carry anything remotely 'girly' ... I let him pick, and he chose a camoflauge hunting backpack. It has a main pocket (with a smaller pocket inside). Two long side pockets that each fit 2 bottles perfectly (or a travel wipes container, etc, etc), two smaller front pockets for odds and ends (spare pacifiers, diaper cream, snacks etc), and even a fanny pack type detachable section at the bottom, which is perfect if I just want to take a few diapers somwhere. It is big, yes, and bulky, yes, but we are never unprepared. It is small enough to fit under the stroller if we want (though hard to get out if the car seats are attached to the stroller), and very comfy as a backpack.

Not a lot of help, but I guess my point is that it doesn't have to be a traditional diaper bag to work great.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
March 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I completely agree! Trust me I've roamed the purse section at Macy's, JcPenny's, sears, etc. sewin if there is another option! But I really like hat the Ju Ju Be brand offers. They all have a mommy pocket, so my crap doesn't get mixed in with the kids, very helpful. A bazillion pockets and organizers. Multiple ways to carry the bag for any given situation, all machine washable, and slightly more stylish than a plain ole' backpack, in my opinion of coarse! You use what works for you, you know? Ive always been into fashion, so I love finding diaper bags that don't look like diaper bags. Right now I have a brown leather studded slouch tote made by Oi Oi and I absolutely love it because most just think its a purse. But it won be able to accommodate 2 babies and a toddler thank you though for your input. I'm always an open book!

March 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a BFF and didn't like it at all...I don't think there's any way it would work for 3 kids! I do like the looks of the Be Prepared, though...I might have to check that out for myself

I have several bags already (currently am carrying a Stork Sak) and they are always full just with one kid, so I'm also shopping and hoping to find something.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Yes I saw the BFF in person and it was WAY too small for three children.

March 23rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Skip Hop that I used for my older DD...now that she's potty training, I don't need it, but plan to use it when my twins arrive. I LOVE it and it would definitely be big enough for 3 kiddos.

The one I have is this: but it comes in a cute champagne color and black & brown. I like it because it has a super wide opening. If you have a Giggle store near you, they have it in person, it's where I got mine
Skip Hop Studio Diaper Bag Tote Bag, Pewter Dot:Amazon:Baby
March 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have that Skip-Hop bag as well (in chocolate brown), and I really love it. It has TONS of pockets, and that really makes life easier! I was thinking that it wouldn't work for 3 kids, but I also forget that newborn diapers and clothes are a lot smaller than what Claire is currently wearing

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 24th, 2012, 11:22 AM
ericswife11's Avatar twin girls coming soon!
I think I'm in love. ive looked for a cute and functional diaper bag for. While and don't know why I have never come across this bag. I'm so glad that you posted this.
Nov, 17 2011 HCG- 149.1
Nov, 19 2011 HCG- 248.1
Said good bye to our 3rd little bean Nov. 27, 2011

March 30th, 2012, 05:46 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
We have 2 different totes that we got at Dollar General for $5 each. They look homemade, are about 18" tall and 12" wide, have six pockets - one of them has them inside and one of them has them outside. They have worked fantastically for my twins, even cloth diapering (but breastfeeding so no bottles to tote around).

I agree about it not having to be a traditional diaper bag, and as I didn't find any in my price range that would work, I was happy to find this option!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Super Mommy
I had a bag that was about that size when my boys were little. My oldest was 21 months when my twins were born. It always worked well for us. We were on the go a lot and it held quite a bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search