Pregnant MoMs Check-In

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am havign trouble keeping up with all the new pregnant moms we have had show up. I know what a great support everyone here was when I was pregnant, and I wanted to check on all of you and see how you are doing:

First name:
Due date:
Genders if known:

How are things going so far?
When is your next appointment?
What are you most anxious about?
What are you most excited about?

What question would you most like us to answer for you?

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 13th, 2012, 07:42 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
First name: Melissa
Due date: October 8
Genders if known: One boy, one girl!

How are things going so far? Fairly well...my cervical length has been a bit of an issue, but my doctors are on top of things and I'm hoping my body will hold up. This pregnancy is definitely harder than with my singleton, but I guess that is to be expected
When is your next appointment? Friday (the 15th). I have to see an MFM every week.
What are you most anxious about? Feeding. I would love to BF them both at the same time, but I have no idea how that will work. I know it is one of those things you probably just have to figure out when the twins arrive, but I'm not good at "going with the flow."
What are you most excited about? Two milky smiles. Two sweet, fuzzy heads to smell. Two giggles. And I'm excited about having a boy...that will be new territory for me.

What question would you most like us to answer for you? We will survive, right?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First name:Susan
Due date:July 16th (per me) or July 23rd (per OB)
Genders if known:GIRLS!!!

How are things going so far?I was put on partial bedrest at 23/24 weeks and went into PTL at 30weeks5days....spent 4 days on Mag Sulfate in hospital, sent home on Nifedipine and FULL BEDREST...now off Nifedipine at 34 weeks & just waiting to see what happens. Still on full bedrest...allowed to come off completely on 6/25! 12 more days!!!!
When is your next appointment?Today in about an hour & then again Friday...I'm going 2-3 times a weeks now for NST and OB visits
What are you most anxious about? Whether or not baby B will flip once Baby A is out & praying not to have a double wammie...
What are you most excited about? Having made it to 34/35 weeks! AND getting to hold my precious babies soon!!!!

What question would you most like us to answer for you?Did you tandem nurse or do each one separately...do you have an older child that you nursed singly & did this affect your decision/comfort level (what you were used to) on whether or not to tandem?
June 13th, 2012, 01:16 PM
First name: Amy
Due date: 12/22/12
Genders if known: Will hopefully find out in August!

How are things going so far? I am SO SICK. Nausea lasts ALL day. I can't wait for it to be over.
When is your next appointment? Friday is my NT Scan. I am nervous and excited to see my babies again! We were not expecting twins at all! Totally natural conception/shock!
"]What are you most anxious about?
Breastfeeding and Sleep training twins. PLEASE advise!!!
What are you most excited about?
Only having to be pregnant once and getting two babies to love, this has not been fun! [/COLOR]

What question would you most like us to answer for you?[/COLOR] I would LOVEEEEE advice on how to get twins on the same sleep/feeding schedule. I'm anxious about my own sanity and the babies health and happiness. Obviously you all survived, so what would you recommend in terms of products that helped you survive and train your babies? Were you successful breastfeeding two? Did your babies adjust to a similar sleep schedule?

Thank you for all of your support ladies!

Last edited by MitchL28; June 13th, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
June 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the great updates ladies!

Yes Melissa, you will survive! (you will be exhausted, but you will survive!)

How exciting that you are getting close Susan! We will be praying baby B cooperates! and I give you so much credit for surviving full bedrest (especially with a toddler)!!!

Amy, hopefully your naseau goes away soon! We will have to do a post later on sleep habits & sleep training. I know the views and methods on this are as varied as people. Most moms I have talked to had their kids on a similar schedule though ... I know I would have gone insane if mine weren't.

]
June 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Super Mommy
First name: Audrey
Due date: January 13th
Genders if known: don't know

How are things going so far? morning sickness is really bad right now and I'm fighting insomnia but otherwise I'm doing well considering.
When is your next appointment? My last appt with my current OB who I love is Monday morning.
What are you most anxious about? Finding a new doctor, dealing with this move, the likelyhood of bedrest and yet another premature delivery.
What are you most excited about? watching them grow up and interact with each other. getting to see all those miraculous firsts twice!

What question would you most like us to answer for you? For those of you who were/are on bedrest, what's the secret to survival? For those of you with older kids, how did they react to you bringing home 2 babies at once? Do you think the adjustment for them was harder than it was/would have been with just one new sibling?
June 14th, 2012, 06:27 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
It's nice to see that everyone has a lot of the same concerns as me...makes me feel better

Melissa & DH

June 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Veteran
Audrey

I can tell you in some way it was more fun for the kids that we had twins. They got to really show off to their friends and there were 2 babies to hold. So if Grandma wanted to hold a baby my little boy got to hold one too. I think with two babies it takes away a little of the rivalry cause it isnt this one other person to usurping thier spot.
My little guy was just 2 so it was a little tough for him to lose some snuggle time. But without my giant belly is was a little easier to sit with him even with 2 babies in my arms.
aect-mama likes this.
June 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Super Mommy
anexia, Thanks! That's what I'm hoping for. I'm mostly worried about my son. He's still a pretty cuddly little bug and I don't want him getting jealous. It's nice to know it's possible to cuddle them all at once.
June 16th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First name: Tammy
Due date: Dec 29
Genders if known: Not known yet but we will find out!

I'm new to this board and thought this thread would be a good place to introduce myself

How are things going so far? Great! I'm 12 weeks today feeling pretty good
When is your next appointment? Next Thurs, June 21
What are you most anxious about? Just knowing they are ok, it took us 3 years to get to the this part in our journey and we needed IVF to conceive so we were at the end with what we could do!
What are you most excited about? TWINS!!! Double everything and I can't wait!

What question would you most like us to answer for you? my biggest question is how do I know how to do everything being a first time mom? The whole what to do when has me stressin...

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 17th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Tammy, welcome and congrats!! This is a great place to introduce yourself.

Knowing they are ok I think is a natural worry, but the wonderful thing with twins is you are likely to get MANY more u/s than with a singleton pregnancy, so lots more chances to reassure yourself they are doing fine. I hope you have a very uneventful pregnancy!

And don't stress too much on the what to do. I understand perfectly, because the twins were my first also, and I knew things, but I didn't really know things (if that makes any sense). You will be great though! And you will probably have plenty of people that are MORE than willing to help or give advice (which you will probably only listen to half of )

Again congrats!
Marjorie

]
June 17th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Veteran
First name: Jenn
Due date: December 8
Genders if known: looking like 2 girls

How are things going so far? so far so good. sickness has gone down but still find myself "slower" then usual. Not sure if i just spoiled myself and ive gotten lazy or im just slower
When is your next appointment? not sure, im pretty sure next week, gotta call and ask. i am horrible at remembering or writing down appointments
What are you most anxious about? adding 2 more babies when my daughter is 1 and my son will be starting school. the babies dad and i arnt doing so great so i have a feeling i will be doing it solo, even if we work it out he is gone 3 weeks out of the month for work.
What are you most excited about? having 2 little babies!

What question would you most like us to answer for you? any moms with older siblings how to helped you other children cope and how you split your time between them all.

June 17th, 2012, 06:05 PM
First name: Sham
Due date: September 25th
Genders if known: 2 boys!

How are things going so far? Interesting to say the least. One of our boys is measuring pretty far behind his brother and I've been monitored closely since about 16 weeks. I spent a few days in the hospital last week and they gave me steroid shots just in case something should happen and they need to deliver them early. As of right now, it seems to be an issue with blood flow to his placenta. He's small, but otherwise extremely active and both have strong heartbeats which makes me feel so much better. I just know they'll both be fine. On the downside I will most likely be admitted to the hospital once I hit between 30 and 32 weeks to be monitored daily until they either come on their own or if they have to deliver them.
When is your next appointment?
June 20th...I see MFM once a week
What are you most anxious about? Having to stay in the hospital for such a long time...I have a 2 year old who will be splitting her time between my parents and her dad, but I hate even thinking about being away from her that long. And I don't want to be away from my fiancee either...but it's what's best!
What are you most excited about? 2 little snugglies!

What question would you most like us to answer for you? My 2 year old will be turning 3 shortly after the babies arrive. She seems very excited and anxious to help with the babies now. Did that stay true for any of you once you actually brought the newbies home?
June 22nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Due date: Oct 12
Genders if known: Two girls!

How are things going so far? Mostly fine I suppose! I had really bad sciatica about a month ago, but I'm ok now. I'm mostly worried about Baby A being too close to my cervix, but they said my cervical length is really good, so I'm trying not to worry.

When is your next appointment? July 11
What are you most anxious about? premature delivery or something being wrong with the girls.
What are you most excited about? having two healthy baby girls in just a few months!!
June 22nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Great updates everyone! Looks like we need to post some questions for moms with older siblings, since that seems to be a theme too. Keep us posted on how you all are doing!

Marjorie

]
June 23rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
ericswife11's Avatar twin girls coming soon!
First name:Annie
Due date:Nov 4
Genders if known: Girls!

How are things going so far? 21 weeks

When is your next appointment? next week some time

What are you most anxious about? just getting everything we need. building our cloth stash and having everything in order when the girls get here.

What are you most excited about? seeing my girls for the first time
Nov, 17 2011 HCG- 149.1
Nov, 19 2011 HCG- 248.1
Said good bye to our 3rd little bean Nov. 27, 2011

June 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalthinking View Post
What question would you most like us to answer for you? Any suggesstions on 3rd row SUVs? Also, anyone got a Honda Oddessy and how awesome is it? We need new cars.
We have looked extensively at SUVs with 3rd row seating and minivans. We actually have an SUV with 3rd row seating (Toyota Land Cruiser) and we're getting rid of it in favor of a Honda Odyssey. The SUV has the "cool Mom" factor, but it really isn't convenient otherwise. It gets terrible gas mileage, is a pain to get the kids in and out, and it sits up quite tall...so everything has to be lifted that much higher. Plus with the 3rd row seats in it, there is only about 12" of space behind the 3rd row...not much room for groceries or luggage.

We have test-driven Odyssey's and also borrowed one from a friend for a test run with all the car seats. It is AWESOME. Double the gas mileage There are storage compartments for everything, and lots of space behind the 3rd row for strollers, groceries, luggage, etc. Seating is very flexible...the seats can be moved, rearranged, tilted, slid over, removed, etc. to give you the arrangement that works best for you. I swore I'd never be a minivan Mama, but I can't wait to get our Odyssey because it will make my life SO much easier.

Melissa & DH

June 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
First name: Magda
Due date: 11/28
Genders if known: Looks like b/g will know for sure on 7/17!

How are things going so far? They are ok...I'm not a good pregnant person so I'm ready for them to get here!
When is your next appointment? 7/8
What are you most anxious about? Juggling a 4 year old, 2 year old, and TWO newborns. Also anxious about being able to successfully exclusively nurse them
What are you most excited about? Two cute babies!

What question would you most like us to answer for you? I'd like any advice on nursing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalthinking View Post
Well DBF is a SAHD so he's the one carting the kids around all day, and he's in love with the Honda Oddyssey! Like before I even got pregnant this time he was showing me pictures of them going "Look! Look how cool it is! It looks like a real van! Look babe, storage! Hey, you said you like Hondas and can work on them!" (I do minor car repairs, and diganois whats wrong with our cars).

Since he'll be with the kids all day I'm considering the 3rd row so I can have room for the kiddos if needed but otherwise ya know...I'm rollin in style...with cheerios stuck in my hair (there were cheerios in my hair when I got to work). But heck, the Oddyssey sound awesome...maybe we can be those people with matching cars...
We got a Toyota Sienna and LOVE it! I thought about an SUV with 3rd row but a minivan is just so much more convenient and roomy. That was the first thought I had at my u/s when they told me it was twins..."Thank GOD I already have a minivan!"
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search