Expecting Twins?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not expecting multiples that I know of! But I was wondering if you ladies could answer a question for me. Did you have any signs you were having multiples? All my nurses were questioning the fact that I got such a dark HPT 3-4 days before my missed period. Please let me know

June 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had no clue. We found out at our 8 week appt and were shocked. I don't really have a clue if my test was darker than normal or not. I am not sure I would have known what normal was supposed to look like.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 27th, 2012, 10:12 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
I did get an early BFP, but my hcg levels weren't sky high or anything. I found out at my dating u/s at 6 weeks.
June 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm starting to think I'm crazy because I have this feeling I'm having a twins..a feeling that I have never had with any of my previous pregnancies. Well I go tomorrow for an HCG level check and we will see what it says..the only true of of telling is through an ultrasound, I know..but that sadly won't happen until I'm 20 weeks.

June 29th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They won't do an early u/s to date the pregnancy? That is how I found out too at 8 weeks. My OB just did those as a matter of course, so I thought they were pretty typical, but maybe not.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
July 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I didn't find out til my first ultrasound, then later on (maybe 2 ultrasounds later) I found out that I had been carrying triplets, but had lost the 3rd baby. I never had any clue there were that many babies inside me!

July 13th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They should do a dating u/s in the office. I was eating a ton and popped really quickly, but was still in shock at the u/s when I found out at 6w 2d.

July 15th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never had any symptom that would have told me. My BFP came 9dpo but it can for singleton pregnancies as well. I had no symptoms other than being tired which is also normal so I found out at my u/s 7w5d

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 15th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
I also got a really dark HPT a few days before my period was due. I started showing really early as well. I don't know what else would have clued me in as I didn't find out until my 16 week ultrasound.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
July 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i found out at 5w because i went to the er. my m/s was so bad that i needed an iv. the m/s was the only thing that really made me think something was up because it was way worse then it was with my dd. but your office should be doing an u/s to date the pregnancy anyway but if they think your test was to dark that early they should for sure...

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

July 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I can't explain it...
I've had two recent miscarriages. When I went at 6w6d for an u/s I was 50% sure they were going to tell me it was another miscarriage, and 50% sure they were going to tell me it was twins.
It was the second.
I can't explain except to say I had symptoms for the first time ever. I've never had nausea or dizziness, etc.
My HPT was very, very, very faint though. It had to be a junky test because my HCG levels were really high.
girl 8
girl 6
girl 2
expecting twins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search