Came across an old post....

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By anexia

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Veteran
I thought you ladies could relate. MY girls were about 4 months old.

The moments no one ever mentions..

So, Aleah is having an off day. There's no obvious issue and she doesn't come with an indicator light so I pull out the full arsenal of bouncing, patting, humming and rocking. Just as I get to that point where as long as no one makes any sudden moves she is calm, Ava decides she wil expire any second if she doesn't get fed. So I pick up Ava as stealthily as I can but, OF COURSE, I disturb Aleah in the process. Now here I am with Aleah screaming on my right arm. Ava screaming on my left, trying to whip out a boob (modesty died about the time I entered the delivery room to about 20 people, most of whom I never met, all standing around staring at my crotch waiting for 2 tiny people to come shooting out.) and balance both babies without dropping anyone. (think of the therapy bills) To really make things exciting, Ava is stuffy so she can't seem to stay latched on so she keeps pulling away then screaming because the food stops. So, but some freak trick of flexibility I didn't know I had i manage to hold Ava steady, hold the boob in her mouth while simultaneaously rocking, bouncing, patting and humming for Aleah on the other arm. Suddenly I am clobbered by the totally overwhelming need to ball. Because how am I ever going to do this? I don't just mean calm 2 babies at once but provide for all of their needs. How can I be everything they need? How do I keep them fed and changed and the house clean and laundry done and still find the time and energy to play with them and laugh with them and read to them, not to mention the 4 other children running around and oh, don't forget, maintain a relationship with their father--You know that guy I throw children at when he walks through the door smack at night when he snores during the only 2 hour stretch of time the babies didn't wake me. So how do I do it? Not just this moment but through abc's and sports and first dates and college and grandkids?

So I cry, because what else can you do? But I also laugh, because how great is it that my biggest problem is too many babies? I mean, as problems go, there aren't too many better. And here I sit, half dressed, with Aleah on my right, still wimpering on my shoulder and Ava on my left, doing the head bob while I try to force her to calmly eat, Crying and Laughing, all while Ammon sits with his 10 foot long stretch of thomas trains lined across my floor, watching me with this look on his face like, "Uh oh moms lost it". And maybe I have.
tundrababy and aect-mama like this.
July 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This gave me a chuckle, because except for the older kids and trails of trains on the floor, this it close to home for some of my early days ....

Psalm 139:9-10
]
July 18th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Super Mommy
I can see it now. This is so totally going to be me in a few months! Thanks for sharing.
~Mother of Miracles

August 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow, I got teary-eyed reading that because I was there. . .multiple times. . .oi.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search