When did you "know"?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 06:51 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Hello all you brave mommies of multiples!! I wanted to stop by & ask a quick question.
When did you "know" you were pregnant with multiples? Was it early on, before your ultrasounds or was it a total shock when the dr said you were carrying more than 1 little jellybean?
I just wonder because I am experiencing some MAJOR bloating. This is my third pregnancy/baby and I am sure my body is just remembering how this whole thing goes but I am also a little concerned with the size my belly is growing to SO early. My baby is the size of a sweet pea, lol, there's just no reason for this bulge! Haha
I go for my first ultrasound next Monday to see our little smudge on the screen & a fluttery heartbeat. I was just curious how you all felt before you got confirmation of multiple little babies?

Thanks ladies

August 15th, 2012, 02:56 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dreamt about it tge night before I found out I was pregnant....the dream is what prompted me to POAS...only ever really dream when I'm preggers.
August 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I had a gut feeling before I knew for sure I was pregnant, and that feeling didn't go away when the first ultrasound showed only one sac. The night before our second ultrasound I had a dream that we saw 2 babies; DH thought I was crazy. Sure enough...2 sacs, 2 babies, and 2 heartbeats!

I don't think you could tell by belly size at all...here are my belly pics:http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ed-8-13-a.html (KMH's Belly Pics (babies 2 and 3) (updated 8-13))

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

August 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt like I was having twins as soon as I knew I was pregnant. My husband, mom and sister had the same feeling. We only saw one baby on the first u/s and I was disappointed. We saw the second baby a few weeks later. I wasn't looking at the monitor and my Dr. said "did we know it was twins?"

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

August 15th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Veteran
I "knew" pretty early on. I was big. my pants got tight almost immediatly. I was krazy SICK and totally exhausted. Plus, I kept getting dizzy spells and that has never happened with other pg. I even called to schedule the u/s cause I just had to know for sure. Good Luck
August 16th, 2012, 06:50 PM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Thanks for the responses ladies!! I can't wait to find out on Monday!!

August 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be the other voice and say I didn't have a clue! I was absolutely exhausted and sick starting around 6 1/2 weeks, but I didn't really have anything to compare it to. We were absolutely shocked when the OB showed us one baby at 8 weeks and then (after he kept moving the wand around some), said "and here is a second baby"

Psalm 139:9-10
]
August 24th, 2012, 07:59 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found out at 7 weeks along because I started spotting so they did a U/S.
August 27th, 2012, 01:23 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I have a history of ectopic pregnancy so I had quants drawn every 48 hrs and they were really high. Plus I was really sick really fast. 6 week ultrasound showed one baby, 7 week ultrasound (had some bleeding) showed two identical twins in one sac.

August 31st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I had no idea. Hindsight, I may have been in a bit of denial when I went to the ER for major cramping at 4w6d and my HCG numbers came back over 5000. Now, that is still normal for a single pregnancy, but on the higher end of normal.

I didn't officially find out until a scan thereafter at 5w6d to find two sacs, and a week later for heart beats. I now have 2 one year olds.
September 16th, 2012, 11:47 PM
moonstonemama's Avatar Regular
From the very beginning I had a gut feeling that there were two babies growing in there. My husband thought I was being silly, all my friends & fam just brused me off like there was no way I could know. My midwife had a whatever attitude. Even my mom thought I was being goofy. But I get it, when a woman who is only a few weeks pregnant says she "just knows" she's having twins it's weird LOL My midwife didn't pay me any mind until 13 weeks while checking my uterus, her eyes bulged and she said, "Maybe you're right. Your uterus is more like the size of 20 weeks!" We had an ultrasound the following week & sure enough we saw my two little sweet peas. Go with your gut, mama instincts are usually right.
September 18th, 2012, 08:43 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only knew I was pregnant and had no feelings about it being twins. I called an OB and set up an appointment for 5w 2d and because I was big already my doctor gave me an u/s as he could not feel my uterus. So I was told it could be twins as we only saw sacs.

I had to wait 2 more weeks to find out. So at 7w 2d I had another u/s and this is what we saw.

A baby and yolk sac in each.
November 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
I did not find out that I was pregnant with my twin boys until I was 21 Weeks along. Late I know, but sadly around here its usually about that long of a wait until your first ultrasound.

I had to fight for my early ultrasound with this pregnancy, because I wanted to know if it was twins or not. Although I love my twin boys with all my heart, I am so grateful its only one this time around
November 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Super Mommy
I had no idea until my 16 week ultrasound.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
December 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
-I was hungrier and more tired than usual.
-My oldest son, who is somewhat our family psychic, told me I had 2 babies in there.
-I had a dream that I had more than one baby in there (though in my dream there were 4 and 2 were not developed)
-i have bad cramps
-i am showing sooner, but mostly I think I just gained some extra weight before getting pregnant.

I was surprised when I heard twins (possibly, not confirmed yet) but probably no where near surprised as I should have been. I had a "feeling" it might be twins. In fact, that's why I got an early u/s instead of just getting betas. I wanted to know if there was more than one.
March 4th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I had no idea until I was 13 weeks bc I kept bleeding heavy
March 16th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was telling people before I knew I was pregnant that she was getting a brother & a sister. I chalked it up to a wishful 3 year old lol. When my quants were a little high I was thinking the worst (as I had very recently miscarried) and started googling what high quants can mean...big mistake...lots of scary stuff. It was always In the back of my of my mind but we were truely in shock!However it makes sense now with high quants and not being able to anything but yoga pants from 8 weeks on and feeling really sick

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search