How did you deliver?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Were you given the option of a vaginal birth with your multiples? My sister was was not given the option but I have heard some people say they were. I'm just curious what your delivery experiences were? I would really like to avoid a cs but I'm all for it if it help to ensure healthy babies!

April 3rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I actually had a VBAC with my twins I was only allowed to try if Baby A was head down, and luckily both twins were head down most of the pregnancy. It wasn't exactly the peaceful birth I envisioned...I had to deliver in the OR, I had a NICU team on hand for each baby since they were preemies, there were med students there to observe/participate, the OR team was watching...it was a circus. I also had to have the epidural catheter placed just in case it turned into an emergency c-section, but I didn't have to get any drugs in it.

Baby A ended up being a forceps delivery, and right afterwards the doc broke Baby B's water and kind of guided her down into position. She was born 10 minutes later! I had stitches, damage from the forceps, and I was so swollen that I had to have a catheter for the first 24 hours after the birth, but I would still choose it over a c-section without question. The healing process was so much easier, and just being fully present during everything without the drug haze was really special.

I hope you can have the birth you want...good luck!
StacieRN likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

April 6th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB was 100% onboard with a vaginal delivery as long as baby A was head down, which for me he was. He wanted me to get an epidural though just in case he needed to get up in there to manipulate Baby B. Unfortunately, my boy (Baby A) had other plans. I was induced at almost 37 weeks due to pre-eclampsia and every seemed to be going well, but after 3 hours of pushing, baby A still refused to budge (they even tried vacuum assistance during the contractions). At that point I was going on 38 hours or so with no real sleep and was exhausted and ready to agree to just about anything. Because I already had the epidural in, the C-section was easy. I had no real issues with it, and I didn't think the recovery was too terrible (I don't have anything else to compare it to). My advice is push for what you want, and there are many OBs out there that are very willing to try a vaginal delivery if the babies (or at least Baby A) are in position, but keep the great attitude you seem to have that you will roll with whatever happens if they decide not to cooperate. Like you said, healthy babies are the key in the end.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
April 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I delivered via csection. I wanted a vagunal birth but my Dr wasn't willing to do that unless both babies were head down. I've since had a drug free VBAC. While I loved my VBAC and am so glad I got to experience it, I think for me and my twins doing a csection was safest. I don't have a medical reason, but I was very worried about baby b at the end. My twins shared a placenta and that can make things more complicated with a vaginal birth.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Regular
we are attempting a vbac with fraternal twins. i had a c section with my son 2.5 years ago and recovery was god awful even with no surgical complications. no idea why. plus i was so loopy with the drugs i enjoyed no part of it.

January 8th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a vaginal unmediated birth with twins, January 2007. I delivered in the OR. Baby A came under 30 minutes of being at the hospital and my OB wasn't there yet. He arrived few minutes later. Baby B was 13 minutes after baby A. They had both had been head down. 35.5 weeks
January 9th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Veteran
My three month old girls were both born vaginally. Again, my doctor was fine with this as long as Baby A was head down - as a bonus they both were! I had an epidural and had a great birthing experience (though it was in the OR, had NICU teams, etc.) Recovery was not bad at all for me and I'm so glad I didn't have to have a c-section, but was ready for it, just in case!

Good luck!
January 28th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I had a CS with my twins at 30 weeks. Baby B was very weak and had abnormal weightgaining, while Baby A was stronger than anyone would've thought. The CS was rushed because Baby B's heart rate dropped. We spent months in the hospital, but luckily all went good in the end. Today 3 years after, neither of them show any signs of being preemie, other than that they are smaller than other children their age, and learn slower.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search