SCH with twin pg

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rae-of-Sunshine
  • 1 Post By The Wife
  • 1 Post By The Wife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was diagnosed with a SCH this pg. It is small and I go back on the first to check on it. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting at all this pg. Has anyone had one with twins? I've heard that they can weaken the amniotic sack and that worries me with twins. My babies do have their own sacks and separate placentas forming. I assume that there is extra pressure and strain with two vs. one already. I'm not sure where the SCH is as it wasn't obvious to me during the u/s and isn't mentioned in the radiology report. I've been taking it easy and praying it absorbs and heals quickly. I wasn't expecting to have complications so early on with this pg! I'm also worried about a placental abruption from the SCH. I had one during labor with my second and really don't want to go through that ever again!

April 25th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say I am thinking about you and praying it goes away quickly. I don't know any moms of twins who had one (though I am sure plenty have), but I know a lot of singleton moms who have had them and everything worked out fine. Sorry for the extra stress this is causing you though!
LABs likes this.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
April 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you! They do seem super common! I go back in next week to check on it. I really hope it heals and doesn't cause issues later on.

April 26th, 2013, 12:27 AM
The Wife's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to The Wife
Hi there, I had an SCH during my pregnancy. It was one of the scariest things for me, EVER! I found out about it b/c I had massive bleeding (like crime scene bad) and swore I had miscarried. Went to the High Risk OB and found out the babies were completely normal and healthy and doing fine. What a relief. My SCH was relatively small, but I had bleeding FOR WEEKS. It eventually stopped on it's own. There is more risk with an SCH if it is between the embryo and the lining, or between the two sacs. (I think ... trying to remember, since it's been so long) ... I was told that SCH's were fairly common in pregnancies with multiples and doctors are used to seeing them, and most of the time there really is no concern.

How horrible is this -- I was soooo paranoid and wanted to reassure that everything was okay, that one time I told the docs I had bleeding (when I really didn't) b/c I wanted them to make sure the babies were okay via ultrasound. Yeah, I was bad.

Do what you're doing, take care of yourself. I wish you all the best
LABs likes this.

Stop by, we'd love to have you!
--> www.BECAUSEOFMATCH.com

April 26th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for telling me your story! Your girls are adorable!!!! I've had that type of bleeding with the placental abruption. My DH described it as war hospital/tent scene. We were both in bad shape, but lived!

I have a followup u/s next week to see what is happening there. Did you have any complications from the SCH? I just want to get through this pg as healthy as possible and deliver healthy babies! My body got me in this situation and I hope its up for the task of getting us out healthy! I haven't had any bleeding and I hope that is good and means it is absorbing. I'm trying to not stress too much and take it easy.

April 26th, 2013, 08:39 AM
The Wife's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to The Wife
We were originally pregnant with triplets (2 identical and 1 fraternal) - we lost 1 of the IDs shortly after discovering the SCH, but it was early and didn't get to develop. We don't know if it's b/c of the SCH or for other reasons -- that would be our only complication -- besides just being scared. Glad you haven't had any bleeding :-) --- hope it just absorbs and is done with.
LABs likes this.

Stop by, we'd love to have you!
--> www.BECAUSEOFMATCH.com

May 2nd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a follow-up u/s yesterday. The SCH is anterior and on top of the babies. It has changed size and the tech said it was normal for healing. It was 50% smaller than two weeks ago, so its healing really well. The tech got me mixed up with another mom of twins she is monitoring and the SCH is between the babies. That would be very scary! I go back in two weeks for monitoring of the SCH and next week to meet with my OB. He usually does an u/s that visit. I don't know if he will though as I had one yesterday. I haven't had any bleeding and I'm still on restricted activities.

May 3rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sound like things are progressing well with it. I hope it continues to shrink!! Thank you for the update

Psalm 139:9-10
]
May 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought I'd update in case another twin mama comes across this same situation. I went in today at 12 weeks. The tech had to look at previous u/s to find the SCH. It was nearly totally healed! I was taken off monitoring and restrictions!!! The SCH is in the front and the placentas are developing in the back and top of my uterus. I'm so glad that the SCH isn't by the placentas at all! I never had any bleeding and it seems to just be absorbing. I just hope that this is the end of it and I don't have any complications from it later. On to the second trimester that is hopefully drama free!

May 15th, 2013, 05:46 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So glad to hear that it has resolved itself

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search