Possible twins?!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mommymel11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Hi ladies,

Hoping for a little insight...I have had 4 miscarriages all in the first trimester. The most recent was in October, the baby's heart had stopped at 9 weeks. I do have 3 healthy children who are 12, 10 and 6. Due to my issues I had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks. We saw 1 sac with a yolk no heartbeat or fetal pole. My second ultrasound exactly a week later showed 2 sacs, 1 with heartbeat and the second a surprise that was much smaller and my doctor couldn't tell if there was a yolk but she thought she saw something. She didn't schedule me for another ultrasound until 9 weeks (23rd). I feel like I will drive myself crazy until then. Not only worrying about making it through the 1st trimester but now the disappointment if its not twins. Could they just be different conception days considering the 2nd wasn't spotted at 5 weeks but popped up smaller at 6. I knew something was off with this pregnancy, but I passed it off to my age (I'm 35). I'm nauseous all the time and exhausted, which never was a problem with my other pregnancies. My hope is that there will be 2 healthy babies at 9 weeks.

I also have been spotting, which only happened with my first son. They put me on progesterone suppositories. I have used them twice a day with every pregnancy since as well as this one. I don't understand the spotting, it's only a little and my doctor doesn't seem concerned but with my history I panic.

Does anyone have a similar story?

Thanks, Melissa
May 4th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm only thinking of this as I'm dealing with one right now, but the second sack could be a subchorionic hemorrhage/hematoma or SCH. Do an image search. Some look a lot like a second sack. It would explain the bleeding as well.

With you being so early, its hard to get a good idea of what is going on. I hope your next u/s is positive for you!

May 4th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Since my appointment I have spent hours of research online...so only makes you worry more. It does not look like either suggestion. It is clearly two sacs, one smaller in size. My doctor simply couldn't tell if it has anything in it for certain. Only time will tell. Thank you for responding.

If I could figure out how to post a photo I would of the ultrasound.
May 4th, 2013, 08:26 PM
They can be conceived different days my twin girls were 4 days apart. Showed on ultrasound like that too.
May 5th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Being so early, if they were conceived on different days, it could totally look like one sack is empty. Every day counts and changes what you will see. Its frustrating, but the best plan is to wait a bit and check it in later. Then you will be able to see hearts beating!

May 5th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any advice for you sine my first u/s wasn't until 8 weeks and we clearly saw both by then. I do know the older you get the more likely you are to have twins though (mine we at 35), so you never know. I hope you can stay sane until the 23rd!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
May 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Have an appointment on Friday that will include an ultrasound. Hoping I might have some more insight on what is going on. Just need to make it 4 days.
allysmomma likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 10:39 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
As a matter of fact, I have a very similar story

My first ultrasound was at 5w1d, and the ultrasound showed one sac measuring slightly smaller than it should (we did IVF, so we knew exactly how far along I was). I went back at 6w4d just praying that my little bean had made it, and we saw TWO sacs, TWO babies, and TWO heartbeats! One was measuring slightly behind, which is normal. Also, bleeding and/or spotting is more common in twin pregnancies...I spotted off and on during the first 8 weeks.

Early ultrasounds are knows for being "off" and our little babies change SO much from day to day. My twins almost never measured exactly the same, and that's is perfectly normal.

Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
It's confirmed IT'S TWINS!!

Can't believe it. Went to the ultrasound at first she couldn't spot baby number 2 as he/she was hiding behind it's sibling but there is was heart beating like crazy. Two healthy heartbeats 150/140. The smaller measured a few days behind but both were over 7 weeks so growing like they should. I am so happy. Still nervous due to my history of miscarriages but hoping for the best.
May 10th, 2013, 04:05 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Wow, congratulations! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy x 2

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 10th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How wonderful! We aren't due very far apart!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search