Reaching out? *vent*

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Twin Mama
Hi ladies, I don't post here much but it's the only place I think that will have other ladies who know the feeling.

I am 30 weeks with my twins and am starting to feel done, DONE, SO OVER IT with being pregnant. I have another 8 weeks left if we are lucky, and it scares me. I hurt, so much now! My feet, my belly, my hips, it all hurts. Breathing is hard, walking is hard, everything is hard. I'm feeling pretty awful today and it's just gotten to me that I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I want to be able to pee without pain siting and standing. I want to be able to do normal house stuff without pain and discomfort. All I did today was a couple loads of laundry, sorting through some shower decorations left over and shower gift bags. I am wiped out! I don't even want to deal with dinner, pathetic!

Anyone else have times they felt like this during their multiples pregnancy? I feel bad and I know there isn't anything I can do. But I just, I feel like I can't do this much longer. I have all these tasks to do in my head and its seems imposible to get it done feeling this way.

May 13th, 2013, 08:55 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I totally felt that way, too! And then I'd feel guilty for feeling that way because it was such a gift to be pregnant, but I was still SO over it! My doc would mention inducing between 37-38 weeks and I remember telling him that if I got to 35 weeks, I would run up and down my stairs until a baby fell out. I don't think he realized how serious I was

I don't have any great advice...I was a mess. I did, though, make a list of the "must-dos" before the babies arrived. I was on complete bedrest and couldn't do any of those things, so I made DH do them the weekend I was 32 weeks pregnant. Once those "must-dos" were done I felt a lot better. There were lots of things that didn't get done before they arrived, but they were all just things that would be nice, not things that were absolutely necessary. Give yourself a break on everything that isn't totally necessary...it can be done later.

(((HUGS))) Hang in there, Mama. Accept help from anyone who offers and just take care of yourself and the babies. The house can be messy, you can order take-out...just take it one day at a time. You can do this. Every day those babies bake in your womb is equal to two days of NICU time.

And believe it or not, someday in the not-so-distant future you'll actually miss this

Sending you good thoughts...vent here anytime!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Twin Mama
thank you, the guilt gets me too. i am so blessed that we got these miracles with our first IUI that feeling this way seems ungrateful the that miracle. but measuring 43 weeks pregnant at 30 weeks... i just don't know how i'll do it. starting off in not the best shape is NOT helping. it didn't affect me in early pregnancy but at this point i feel that if i was in better shape at the start i would maybe be not so miserable.

what were your must do's if you dont mind my asking? as a FTM I'm overwhelmed by not knowing where to begin so advice is welcome! i know i need to wash baby linnens, and clothes... set up the cribs. get my BF & pumping stuff, like the giant twin nursing pillow. i should pack my bag and stuff for the twins, get the car seats test fitted in the car. read a book on how to care for an infant, LOL!

May 14th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you have everything you need all set. Wash clothes, have seats installed and read books on breastfeeding and infant care. I'm fearing the point of pg that you are in. I'm trying to get ready early as I have no idea how the third trimester will pan out. It sounds pretty ugly!

May 14th, 2013, 07:03 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Here were my musts:

*hospital bag for myself packed. Necessary items included chapstick, cell phone and charger, pajama pants and nursing tanks, toiletries, swaddling blankets, going-home outfit for each baby and myself, camera, breastfeeding pillow, burp cloths, snacks, journal/pen so I could write things down, warm socks, shower shoes. I also had a clean shirt, toothbrush, and a few things for DH.

*bag packed for our toddler (we took her to a friend's house when I went into labor and knew she'd probably spend a night there)

*car seats installed

*have some place for babies to sleep when they come home...could be a pack-n-play, crib, bassinet, etc. At first you will only need one.

*get familiar with your breast pump if you plan to pump

*have some blankets and clothes washed for baby

Everything else is optional. Don't stress yourself out over details...when the babies come home they won't care if everything isn't perfect. You could put DH to work this weekend on these things...just sit on the couch with your feet up and give him instructions...and you'd be ready to go by Monday

Melissa & DH

May 19th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are looking for a breast feeding pillow still I got this one. I looked all over and target had it the cheapest & it ships for free so no need to go get it

My BrestFriend Twins Plus Nursing Pillow - Green : Target

May 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That is the pillow I had as well...it was awesome!

Melissa & DH

May 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Twin Mama
That's the pillow i registered for, nobody got me it so I was going to buy it this weekend. I found it on amazon for $49.44 w/ free shipping! Beats the heck out of BRU at $75. Did you ever find a need for a second slip cover?

DH and I are going to try and start finishing the babies room. I'm going to wash all the clothes this week. We ordered the mesh bumpers and DH is going to install the mobiles and the cribs will be ready. I was going to buy fancy bedding sets but they are so pricy for 2, and DH asked "will they use the quilt" um no, not for a long time, "so we have sheets, and blankets, why do we really need the bedding set" um... we dont!

I will need to buy a pack n play still for them to be in in our room when they first come home but I'm still unsure about that, maybe in a crib together in their room will be better as we have a baby monitor. So many decisions!

We test fit the car seats and they are perfect, I need to get them inspected but I'm glad thats done.

I'm slowly feeling better, like we can do this. I hope they can stay in there a month longer, making it to 35 weeks sounds good to me. Mostly for their benefit, not mine LOL my hips are killing me.

May 19th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Super Mommy
I personally would get the pack n play. I had my twins via c-section and I dont think I would have survived those first few weeks if their cribs werent in my room.

You can do this! I know those last weeks are beyond tough, but those last few weeks are precious development time

My little guys were born @ 36 weeks and didnt have to spend time in the nicu besides their initial check up
May 19th, 2013, 01:17 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So glad to hear that you are making progress...you sound more upbeat Hopefully time will fly until you are snuggling those little ones at home

Melissa & DH

May 20th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the pack n play in your room will be great! Anything you can do to get more sleep the better. Fancy crib sets are for the parents. Baby will be happy with a soft sheet. Spend your money on room decor!

I found out with my first that if my feet touch the floor, I have trouble getting back to sleep. I make my bed into a baby control center. Diapers, wipes, ziplock bags for cloth diaper storage, big thing of water for me, nursing pillow and burp cloths. I had my third that even after his tongue was clipped I had to sit up to feed him. Otherwise I bf laying down. I could never sleep, but at least I was down.

May 20th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You sound like you are on the right track. It definitely gets harder as you go along. I was still working up until the end, but I sit down all day (an even then was starting to have trouble staying awake in the afternoon). I would come home at night and do NOTHING other than soak in the pool or lay on the couch and fall asleep by 7 PM. You are perfectly normal for this point.

You asked about the extra cover for the nursing pillow. I had that same pillow and did find an extra cover useful (I ordered one a month or so after they were born when my cover was starting to get dried milk on it). The problem was it said to air dry the cover, so I was afraid it would shrink if I dried it. With the kids nursing every 3-4 hours there was no time to wash and air dry it between two of the feedings. Having a second cover solved that.

As for sleeping, do what you think will work best for you. Everyone seems to have different views on this. Ours slept each in their own crib from day 1, which I loved because we never had to transition. I took them both in the living room to nurse them on the couch, because I could arrange them both together easier there (and I could watch tv). I didn't want them waking DH also, so I kept the monitor on my side of the bed and turned down enought that I could hear them but they would wake me before him most of the time (he is a heavier sleeper). I know that if they were in our room we would not have slept as well.

Oh and I definitely agree on no fancy bedding. Mine are 2 years old and still sleeper with nothing but a fitted sheet in their cribs (and footed sleepers to keep them warm).

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search