Cars

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LABs
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails
  • 1 Post By angelinal09
  • 1 Post By kayakr

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
What kind of car fits two car seats and a teenager and two adults? Not many

What do you guys have that you need three car seats?
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
June 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A larger sedan would work. I could easily put myself and two car seats in my DHs Toyota Corolla. I've had two preteens and an infant seat in it and had plenty of room. An SUV would fit 3 across easily. It depends on how much gear you need to haul between the twins and teen. An 8 seater van can do 3 across. I have two huge carseats and can sit next to them. My 6'+ brother fits well too. Then you would have a ton of room for gear.

With a sedan make sure there is enough room for a rear facing seat depth wise. For an older baby you can have it at a steeper angle, but its still a lot of room. Rear facing is recommend until at least two. The nice thing is it gives more shoulder room for the teen/adult. Bad thing is the two yr old thinks its funny to kick your arm/shoulder.

June 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A larger sedan would work. I could easily put myself and two car seats in my DHs Toyota Corolla. I've had two preteens and an infant seat in it and had plenty of room. An SUV would fit 3 across easily. It depends on how much gear you need to haul between the twins and teen. An 8 seater van can do 3 across. I have two huge carseats and can sit next to them. My 6'+ brother fits well too. Then you would have a ton of room for gear.

With a sedan make sure there is enough room for a rear facing seat depth wise. For an older baby you can have it at a steeper angle, but its still a lot of room. Rear facing is recommend until at least two. The nice thing is it gives more shoulder room for the teen/adult. Bad thing is the two yr old thinks its funny to kick your arm/shoulder.
Spottts likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 12:59 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We bit the bullet and bought a minivan We had an SUV that would have fit everyone, but it would have been a pain the way the seating was arranged. I never, EVER pictured myself as a minivan Mama, but it is amazing. There is loads of room for gear, car seats (we have 3 in car seats), and it gets much better gas mileage than my old SUV.

You can definitely do 2 car seats and a teenager in a larger sedan...definitely try the car seats before you buy!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 24th, 2013, 08:03 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
You're actually not quite as limited as you think. I, on the other hand, need something that fits 4 carseats and two adults!! When the twins are here, I'll also have a 3-year-old and a 4-year-old. Both of our cars seat only 5. Soooo...we have to get something with 3rd row seating. Options are minivan or other things like Honda Pilot, etc. I'm not sure what we're going to go with; it will depend on finances closer to the time of their birth. I really don't want a minivan though..unless there's one out there that's a little higher up than the regular ones, and that has 4WD. 4WD is a must in the winter!

June 25th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had an SUV w/ 3rd row but I still had everyone in the 2nd row 3 across. Two infant seats side by side and a booster outboard. Sadly my suv had issues and we traded it for a minivan. I hate to say it but it is SO much easier!
KMH likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Look into a Subaru outback. That would give you lots of room! You can fit three large car seats side by side.

I'm trying to fit 6 kids with four in seats into one vehicle. Its doable, but pretty ugly. I'm going to have to load my kids in a certain order and two are going to be "trapped"!

June 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I was afraid you would say min van. I do love the mpg's on those way better then SUV or crossovers. We travel a lot too specially with a teenager that plays travel hockey. We will also need room for some of his hockey friends and possibly his girlfriend some day soon The thought of 15 mpg vs 25-29 just kills me!

I think getting a minivan will be my DH's worst day ever.
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
July 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gretchen, I am a grandmother of twin boys age 3.5 as well as 7 other littles. I got a Hyundai Entourage (which is now a kia something) and I love it. I get about 300 miles to a tank, have traveled all over the place with it and can fit the twin stroller in the back as well as a single if needed. currently I have 3 car seats in place but have room for one more and could fit one more person (a smaller size in a booster maybe) between the two carseats in the back. there is really nothing I dislike about it EXCEPT I wish I had gotten a back-up camera. it is hard to back out of a parking space with all the upright car seats in. currently, i prefer to pull through to a spot so I don't have to back out, if at all possible. I would encourage you to check out your options -- being a mini-van momma is not really all the bad.

~~terre~~
September 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have five kids in carseats. I drive a minivan and a full size suv. Minivans rock!
February 3rd, 2014, 04:58 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
A lot of mini vans have cool features… However, I think I want an SUV with captain seats in the middle and 3rd row. I would put the two eldest in the very back and the car seat in the second row. That is my plan for now… I will let you know when we actually BUY something.

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

March 7th, 2014, 07:28 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
*sigh*We're getting a bus. Yes, a bus. Well, sort of like a bus. It's either this:NV Passenger Media Gallery - Nissan Passenger Van Pictures, Video this:Freightliner Sprinter: Passenger Van Highlights
kayakr likes this.
March 7th, 2014, 08:38 AM
BUS? wow! We ended up with a GMC Acadia with Captian chairs. It is doing the job and DH was happy to not have to drive away from the car lot with van.
amberbanegas likes this.
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN