My Twins Are Here! *pic heavy* X-Posted July DDC

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Celry

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Twin Mama
I wanted to post that Kaiden James and Layla Aurora arrived on 7/9 via c-section. Kaiden was 7lb 1oz, 19.75 in long born at 11:56am and Layla was 6lb 1oz, 18in long born at 11:57am. They are both beautiful and my husband and I are truly in love with them. I'm going to work on their birth story hopefully this week.

Twins are HARD and we have many chalenges, nothing about the birth and care of the twins has gone the way I planned. We deal with poor latch so I am FF & pumping BM, they are so little and we are so exhausted CDing is not happening, and to top it off now Kaiden has clogged tear ducts in both eyes so he has infected goop coming out. BUT, we will get through it.

July 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
They are sooooo cute! Congrats on baking very healthy twins!

I said this in your DDC thread, but twins DO get easier Hang in there!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 17th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations mama! They are beautiful!

July 18th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! They are adorable! I know how you feel mine were six weeks old yesterday. We had latch issues and finally around 4 weeks old Corbin decided it was time to breastfed. Still having weight issues but I'm pretty sure that's due to reflux. Don't give up... I was about ready to give up on Corbin but we kept fighting and he did it.

For the clogged tear duct, we had that too put some breast milk in it. Nolan had it and it was gone within an hour and whenever it came back I just put a little more in in a few days it was totally cleared up and hasn't come back since.
July 18th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran
Congrats on big, healthy twins!!! Way to go! I'm totally freaked out about having twin newborns, but I know others have made it through and you will too!
July 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there. The breastfeeding does get better. Mine were 3 weeks early and it took forever to get the latch right. I pumped like mad and refused to use formula, except for one week when my pediatrician freaked me out unnecessarily. The more often you pump, the more your body will know to make. Just hang in there and keep putting the to the breast. Eventually they should get it. WE didn't CD in the begining either, but eventually did that too. Having newborn twins is so much harder than having one newborn. You have a reason to not be CDing. Give it time and things will click. Congrats!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 18th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They are beautiful and you are doing great! As others have said, it is not easy. Mine weren't really latching at all until almost two weeks old, and even then we ended up using nipple shields with them for the first several months to get them to bf (and still supplemented my girl with pumped milk if we had it or formula if we didn't because she was such a lazy bf'er). Keep up the good work and sleep whenever you can!

Psalm 139:9-10
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search