bath twins 8 months old

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Looking for safe tips that have worked for other moms when bathing my twins. I have 8 month old twins and a 3 year old. I try to bath two at a time to save time but with the twins getting mobile it's hard to keep one safely out of the tub and the 3 yr old doesn't like all the splashing. I'm looking to bathe the twins together. Ideas?
August 11th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once they were able to sit up (a little unsteady, but sitting). I switched to bathing them both together using the aquababy bath seats. We LOVED them, but when I went to find a link to post you of what they were, I found out that they were recalled last month. Ah well. RECALL: Thermobaby Bath Seats Due to Drowning Hazard : Growing Your Baby

I really don't know how someone drowns in them unless you leave your kids unattended. Crazy. Anyway, the idea is still the same and there are lots of types of bath seats out there, maybe someone can recommend another one. I only have the twins, but I would bath them together, drain the water, take one out of the seat and dry/diaper them on the bathroom floor and then take the other one out.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
August 11th, 2013, 08:02 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We have that bath seat, too! I had no idea they were recalled, and I agree...the bath seat isn't responsible for a drowning accident.

Anyhow, I also have a 3 year old and twins that will be a year in a couple of weeks. I have tried to bathe them together, but it just doesn't work. We had 2 of those bath seats, but the twins would find a way to escape from them. The 3-year old doesn't like to be splashed.

SO...they all bathe separately. It takes more time, but everyone is safe and clean at the end, so that's what works for us. I usually let the babies go first, and while I'm drying and dressing the 2nd one, the toddler gets in to play. When I'm done dressing baby #2, then I wash up the toddler. On nights when DH can help, we do everything assembly line style. I usually bathe the kids, and he takes the wet, squirmy kids and dries and dresses them. It is a circus, as you well know

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

August 19th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started bathing my twins together, no bath seat, as soon as they could sit reliably. I taught them it wasn't okay to stand. It takes time to teach them, but it does work to ath them together. Mine are crazy in the bathtub and it still worked. I bathe all three of mine together now, but that's a lot easier with older twins and a singleton second.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search