Hello MOM group

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Super Mommy
I am also in the July DDC but wanted to say hello. I'm 11 weeks along and expecting di/di twins in July. I will be a FTM and a little anxiety to go with it. I'm am open to suggestions, words of advice ect. I go see a MFM in 2 weeks. I'm keeping everything in perspective one step at a time. They are measuring right on schedule so yay. I'm a worry wort so trying to stay calm. Anywho looking forward to the adventure all the way around!
January 8th, 2014, 08:40 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome and congratulations! I'm Melissa; my twins George and Abigail are 16 months old.

I'm a worry wort, too, so I know the feeling. I was SO excited, but also terrified and anxious...I think that is normal You're already on the right path trying to go slow and roll with the punches

You have probably noticed that our board is a bit slow; we're not a chatty bunch, but everyone is really good about answering questions and trying to help.

How are you feeling physically? Are you going to find out the sexes of the babies? My first MFM appointment was at 13w1d and he told me he was 80% sure of the sexes then!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 9th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for asking and responding. Physically I'm doing well. I was blessed to not have huge MS, just some waves of nausea and some gagging that would make me vomit in the morning pre breakfast. The past week everything went away and now it's sort of back again.

I am going to find out the sex. If it was a singlton I was not but now I have to know. That would be awesome if the MFM could guess at 13weeks. I think she is doing NT scan as well.

Thanks again.
January 9th, 2014, 09:14 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
So glad you are feeling okay!

Has your doc talked to you about weight gain yet? That was my biggest challenge, but gaining weight early is good for the little ones.

Melissa & DH

January 9th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
Yes she has. It makes me scared cause I feel like I'm already eating all the time but can't eat that much when I do. I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all in.
January 10th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Super Mommy
O.k So right after I wrote that I got sick. It seems that when I eat too much (which use to be a normal amt) for meals it comes back up. Happened Christmas Day too:-(.
January 10th, 2014, 07:40 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sorry That happened to me, too, and all I could do was eat lots of small meals throughout the day. I also made lots of smoothies with protein powder to help get the calories I needed.
KDeats likes this.

Melissa & DH

January 10th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Super Mommy
oh I like that idea. I do that all the time when training. I think I can totally do that now!! Any brand you recommend. I just use Desiner Whey.
January 10th, 2014, 10:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That stuff looks great! I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey...the nutrition info/ingredients are pretty similar. Just steer clear of the soy-based proteins if possible.

Are you a runner?

Melissa & DH

January 10th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
Yes and triathlete. I've had to give up the running with the twins. My doc just didn't advise it due to new research. I could ride my bike but if it's not cold its rainy here. I'm already planning my first race after the twins are born!! Are you???
January 10th, 2014, 06:54 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Awesome...I admire triathletes a lot

Nope, not a runner. I had back surgery 13 years ago; running irritates it and makes my toes go numb...not good! I do CrossFit, though, and am happiest when I'm outside being active. One of the hardest parts of my pregnancy with the twins was being on bedrest and being cooped up.
KDeats likes this.

Melissa & DH

January 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey, glad you stopped by. I used Ensure/Boost to gain weight as there's nothing for me to do but open it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search