Anyone successfully try for fraternal twins?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2014, 05:49 PM
rockermom1313's Avatar Regular
It sounds odd, but we want twins. I'm going to be 34 this year and we want to add to our family. Statistically and what-not, it seems like a better option to at least try for twins and then get the hubby snipped. lol.

I was wondering if anyone could share any tips or tricks that helped them. I'm a "Go big or go home" kinda girl. Doesn't get much bigger. lol.

Any and all help would be awesome. Thanks.

Last edited by rockermom1313; January 20th, 2014 at 06:01 PM.
January 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
This thread is from TTC with some ideas:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...-multiple.html (Concieving multiple)

Personally I don't think there's a lot you can do short of fertility meds/treatments.

Good luck!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 21st, 2014, 11:11 AM
I'm researching all of the fertility herbs and natural treatments that I can find. I have a distant link with a lot of twin births but that was my grandmothers generation and up.

I hate to think about clomid, but with my thyroid it might be a good option. The dr seems to think that it might be a good enough reason to prescribe it.

I'm not sure. It's just we are going to be paying to have my Essure reversed (long story) and I would love to have two more babies. But in my family we have early menopause. So besides the risks with being older and having babies, there's the risk factor of running out of time. Plus what could be better than getting through the diapers all at once, giving the sex talk ONE more time, potty training two at once and all of the other stuff? lol.
January 21st, 2014, 11:45 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Have you had any fertility-related bloodwork? If early menopause is a concern, it might be worthwhile to have Cycle Day 3 bloodwork done (Estrogen, Progesterone, FSH, LH, AMH, prolactin...those are the basics) and see where you stand. Having some facts about where your body is at right now might give you a basis for decision-making about how aggressive you want to be.

Melissa & DH

January 21st, 2014, 03:00 PM
They've run the FSH and something about my hemo. I'm not to sure what that was about. I've also had some ultrasounds run to check the outward appearance of the baby maker and they said that everything has come back excellent.

I only have one ovary now (the other was taken in 2004, but then again I had my youngest son in 2007). She said that everything looked very healthy and I don't have any outward signs of even a rapid deterioration.

I guess some of it boils down to the fact that not only am I a natural born worrier, I'm a natural born planner. I figure that even if I'm going to have to shell out some money for the extra lengths might as well. In for a penny, in for a pound. I'm even looking into those TTC "kits" and the Gender select kits. lol. My absolute dream would be a set of fraternal twin girls. lol. I'm silly but you know. It can't hurt. Might help others know if they work or not. lol
January 21st, 2014, 03:25 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I hear ya on the planning part...I had a spreadsheet with my registry items planned out before I ever got pregnant, LOL!

I assume you have looked into the risks with twins as well? I don't want to scare you or be a Debbie Downer, but you mentioned having an experience with a rocky pregnancy and a preemie already. A multiple pregnancy significantly increases the risk for all sorts of complications...I adore my twins but I wouldn't recommend signing up for them Just had to throw that in there as my responsible disclaimer!

Melissa & DH

Last edited by KMH; January 21st, 2014 at 03:27 PM.
January 21st, 2014, 04:10 PM
Well, I had the preemie because the idiot doctor threw me on depakote for a depression. Well yeah I was depressed, I had gotten pregnant a couple of months into an relationship. He left after 2 months of knowing, then of course the bs "it's not mine" started up and all of the trying to turn my friends against me. It was ridiculous. She should have given better medical advice than to stick me on a bunch of questionable meds (Depakote, Ambien, Klonopin). I'm lucky that my son lived to begin with.

Before him, I had a history of kids who did not heed the eviction notice. lol. Both of the older ones were exactly 2 weeks late. They both had to be induced. lol.
January 23rd, 2014, 04:58 AM
I joined the TTC Twins page. Thanks. It seems like a great page.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search