Transverse twins

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 06:33 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
So at my appointment today, we listened to the HBs via doppler and my OB thinks babies are still transverse (they have been the whole pregnancy) and she is kind of pushing me in to a c-section. I told her I wasn't comfortable scheduling a c-section. I hate the idea of planning their birth. I'd rather go in to labor on my own and if their position is still unfavorable then deciding what to do. I want them to come when they are ready. I did have a pretty traumatic vaginal delivery with my daughter (4th degree episiotomy for fetal distress) but I'm not ready to give in to a c-section. The thought of taking care of twins while recovering sounds awful.

Anyone have any experience with transverse twins that moved or didn't move?

Talk to me about recovering from a section....how was recovery? how long did you take pain meds? did it effect your milk supply?

Thanks!

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
February 18th, 2014, 07:55 PM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I had C sections… I didn't have a hard time at all with the recovery… or milk production. I had to take Benedryl for the itching as my spinal wore off.. I didn't take meds much afterwards… Basically, just WALK as soon as you can. I had to walk because my chunky baby had low blood sugar so I had to go to the NICU to feed him and to see him.

My Csection was not planned the first time and it broke my heart not to experience giving birth… (I am over it now)

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

February 19th, 2014, 12:58 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I had a c-section with my singleton (VBAC with the twins). I think my c-section went about as well as it could have gone and the recovery wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. I went home with 800mg Motrin and hydrocodone...only took the Motrin. I was sore but mobile; I went into the grocery store to get a few things on the way home from the hospital, LOL!

I don't think the c-section interfered with my milk production at all and Claire breastfed like a champ.

The only thing that was really bad was sneezing or coughing. Hold a pillow tightly against your incision if you need to do those things and then it won't hurt nearly as bad

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 21st, 2014, 12:57 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a csection with my twins and a VBAC with my singleton. I had as good of an experience as you can expect with a csection. I didn't want one, but with one baby breech and a shared placenta, I wasn't going to mess around. Healing wasn't fun, but I was off pain meds by the time I went home. I wasn't even taking tylenol at that point. I made sure that I nursed both babies within an hour of having them. Between putting them to the breast often and pumping, I had no issues with supply. I could have fed three or more with how much I was pumping once my milk came in. I tried everything to get the breech baby to flip, including going to a chiropractor. She had room, even at almost 37w to flip, but refused to. We did an ultrasound after my water broke to see what position she was in that day.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 1st, 2014, 01:19 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Thank you for all your experiences. I think my biggest fear is my milk supply. Stress really messes with my supply and I don't want to add anything else to my plate than I have to.

After I posted this, I had an u/s at 26+3 that showed Baby A vertex (measuring 26+4 weighing 2.1lbs) and Baby B transverse breech (measuring 28+1 weighing 2.9lbs). So there is still a chance I could deliver vaginally. I think at my appointment on Monday I will let my OB know that I am not opposed to a section if they are not in a good position when I go in to labor but that I will not schedule one unless medically necessary. I think she is pushing for a scheduled section because I do have the added issue of Antiphospholipid Syndrome and I am on lovenox and aspirin. I have to talk to her more about when to stop those if we are going to just let nature take its course. So much to think about....on top of still being really undecided about names.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
March 7th, 2014, 08:55 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
I was able to have my twins vaginally so I have nothing to add but I wanted to tell you good luck. I agree with you though I can't imaging trying to recover from that and taking care of two babies.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569