When did you find out?

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I Heart 4x4
I'm curious - when did everyone find out they were carrying multiples? Was it an inkling or the doctor heard two or more heartbeats or saw them on the ultrasound???

TIA!
September 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I found out at 12weeks. I went for the first dr appt with an actual exam. I thought I was about 16 weeks and I measured 16 weeks but when she went to listen to the heartbeat she couldn't get one. You could hear the echo of one but it was constantly moving and moving all over my stomach. She said lets do an US then we'll get that HB for sure. She suspected something but I didn't have a clue. So they filled me full of water and did the US. The tech said look at this and tell me what you see. I said its a split screen and two different views of the baby. Uh, no, she said. It's twins. That was followed by a very loud WHAT???? I didn't have a clue. But it did explain the extreme morning sickness almost from the very begning. The babies meausered 12 weeks. Its very hard to hear 2 hearbeats. Its almost always by ultrasound. Even in delivery they had a hard time getting 2 beats. She kept monitoring the same baby twice.
September 18th, 2004, 04:16 PM
I Heart 4x4
How cool!
September 19th, 2004, 09:37 PM
ranidae
Well I found out I was pregnant on Nov 11th (yes I remember because it was the day after the Marine Corps Ball LOL) I spent the next week setting up the appointment for the Baby class you have to go thru, fighting with the appointment nurse because they refuse to see you at the Naval hospital until you are 12W. I was able to get the class for Nov 26 and during the class they were able to set me up with a appointment on Dec 17th for my first OB appointment.
At that point according to my calendar I was 10W3D but I had already had to go out and buy maternity pants because mine wouldnt fit, and you could tell I was pregnant. Well due to my high blood pressure and little bit of spotting they did a ultrasound. It was one of the little portable type and he used the vaginal wand. Well after about 10 mins of switching angles, and trying to get a better view he said well lets take you to the big machine, because I want to make sure I am not seeing two heartbeats. I just about dropped off the table, so we went down to the big machine, she looked with the vag wand for a minute and looks up at the OB (I seriously can't remember his name since I only saw him the once) and said yep there is two in there. Did a few more adjustments and said well there is only one real sac with a very thin membrane between, they are identical!
I was STUNNED to say the least, Jons only comment was well when I finally do something I guess I do it right LOL. We then found out in Feb that it was girls, I called him at work, told him and he was really quiet, then said well I guess that is that. Well after I got off the phone I guess he took off his cover, threw it across the office and yelled G-Dammit it is girls!!!!!! I am going to be surounded by women!!!
He couldn't see the little hamburgers on the u/s's till I was in the hospital and the tech pointed right at them and said here you go they are definately girls!!
September 28th, 2004, 11:09 AM
twinsmom26
I had a dream, lol, and this feeling I was pregnant with twins. When I told the doc she laughed at me and told me she doubted it, but would set me up with an US to rest my mind. So I had the US and I had not one but two babies in my tummy, lol. So I was right she was wrong!! Not once in my life did I ever expect to have twins. There isnt any twins in my family, but mine are identical and have nothing to do with genetics.
September 29th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a cool way to find out!!! Bet the DR was shocked!
September 30th, 2004, 06:53 AM
BritSidMom
hehehehehe, I love all the stories ladies!!!
Here's mine...
I found out when I was about 3 months, I went in for a dr appt, and the nurse midwife said, hmm, you are measuring big...either you are farther along (shot that down, because I knew the day I conceived), you are having twins(I was like WHAT?) or you have a big uterous(YEP that's it I was thinking). I had a U/S appt later in the week, so that's when we say two heads, or actually, one head and one bum..hehe. But we were shocked. The U/S tech said she was sure they were identical, because of the reallly thin line between the two of them. Our families were soo excited. I remember my MIL & mom say, now we don't have to fight over who's holding the baby!!! lol. too funny...
Good Question Ashely!!
October 1st, 2004, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I liked the grandmother's statements!!! That was cute!!!
October 2nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
I found out when I was 9 weeks. I started to spot so I went to my mid-wife. When she examined me she said I seemed too small and had a look of concern. Later that week I went to an ultrsound appointment to make sure the baby was alright. My husband was with me (sitting in a chair thank God). She said she the babies were alright- both of them! I started giggling like a little girl. I had never even considered twins. My husband just starred and asked her to be sure there wasn't a third one in there. The next day we began looking at plans to build a house because we were going to need more room.

Wife to Mike 9-29-01
SAHM to Identical twins
Emma & Olivia 2-16-03
October 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Stacy!!!! Haven't seen you in a while!!! How are you?? My hubby said the same thing about being sure there weren't three in there. I think he was secretly wishing for it, at least until they were born! Now I think he's content with one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search