Are your multiple kids....

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2004, 06:10 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
did you have them because of medicine? Did it run in the family? Or were they just a surprise, no reason, beyond multiple eggs released??

TIA!
September 27th, 2004, 06:12 PM
ranidae
Mine are idential, so it was just luck of the draw LOL. We do have fraternal twins on my side of the family though so there is always a possiblity of more twins if we get pregnant again.

edited to add:
We had sought help to get PG that year, but had actually decided to get on BC because the chance Jon might have been sent overseas. I had a apointment to see the OB the week after I found out I was pregnant actually.
September 28th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Mine were a total surprise. Actually getting pregnant at all was a surprise. I had tried with ex-dh for 8 yrs and had been on clomid during that time. The clomid had nothing to do with the twins though. It had probably been 8 yrs since I had been on it. I have always had strange periods (I didn't ovulate very often) so I had finally just gotten relatively regular. I think my body was trying to get rid of the extra eggs. So that may have had something to do with it. Also your risk increases at 35 and I had just turned 35, so that may have something to do with it too. (As you get close to menopause your body releases multiple eggs) It does not run in my family. Which is why it was such a shock!! I thought it either had to run in your family or you had to do fertility drugs. Nope, guess not.
September 30th, 2004, 06:55 AM
BritSidMom
Hi Becky!! My girls were just one egg spliting..so they are identical, and that doesn't run in families...it was very strange to hear..it's twins!!
October 2nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Total shock!! We decided to try and get PG, I bought the ovulation stix, tried. Walla twins- They're ID so it was a total fluke.

Wife to Mike 9-29-01
SAHM to Identical twins
Emma & Olivia 2-16-03
October 2nd, 2004, 12:08 PM
twinsmom26
Quote:
Mine were a total surprise. Actually getting pregnant at all was a surprise. I had tried with ex-dh for 8 yrs and had been on clomid during that time. The clomid had nothing to do with the twins though. It had probably been 8 yrs since I had been on it. I have always had strange periods (I didn't ovulate very often) so I had finally just gotten relatively regular. I think my body was trying to get rid of the extra eggs. So that may have had something to do with it. Also your risk increases at 35 and I had just turned 35, so that may have something to do with it too. (As you get close to menopause your body releases multiple eggs) It does not run in my family. Which is why it was such a shock!! I thought it either had to run in your family or you had to do fertility drugs. Nope, guess not.*[/b]
Are your twins fraternal? They look so much alike!!

I was told by a few doctors that mine seemed to be identical and then a few different ones said fraternal. There is no way to absolutely know without getting a DNA test done and we havent done that yet. My boys look exactly alike and for most people it's hard to tell any difference, so my guess is identical, but I could be wrong. The Olsen twins look identical and they are fraternal so I hate to make the guess on my guys, lol.
October 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
twinsmom26
Oh and there are no twins in my family that I know of.
October 3rd, 2004, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Quote:
Originally posted by twinsmom26@Oct 2 2004, 02:08 PM
Are your twins fraternal? They look so much alike!!

I was told by a few doctors that mine seemed to be identical and then a few different ones said fraternal. There is no way to absolutely know without getting a DNA test done and we havent done that yet. My boys look exactly alike and for most people it's hard to tell any difference, so my guess is identical, but I could be wrong. The Olsen twins look identical and they are fraternal so I hate to make the guess on my guys, lol.
Well, they were in seperate sacs, other than that I'm not sure. The dr told me too the only way to know for sure was to get a DNA test. That it is possible that the egg split before it was fertilized, so they could share my DNA and would explain the seperate sacs. They do have the same eyes (shape is slightly different) and the same hair (one is a little curlier when long) and the same blood type(do they have to have the same blood type if they are fraternal??? if you know let me know) but even I mix them up if I'm glancing and not paying close attention. One time I fed the same baby twice!!!!!! I couldn't figure out why Nikolas was crying, I had just fed him. So I rocked him to sleep in the bouncy chair while I fed Andrew, went to burp him, looked at the side of his face and it was Nikolas!!!! Poor Andrew went to sleep hungry.

I was surprised when I read a post about the Olsen twins. I think maybe they are actually identical, maybe the egg spliting before fertilization. I'm not going to do a DNA test just for curiosity sake though. The dr said to wait until they grow up and then look at them. LOL!!! Geez isn't that scientific!

Where yours in seperate sacs?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search