fights & sharing

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Do your kids share? Mine don't! And they always want the toy the other one has, even if there are 2 or more. They like to play with my metal bowls and I have 8. But no, Andrew wants the one Nikolas has. They push and shove and yell at each other. And they're not even 2 yet! Do yours do this? Any ideas on how to handle it? I thought twins were suppose to have this unbreakable bond and not do this stuff.
September 30th, 2004, 07:45 AM
BritSidMom
Ohhh Linda...I know what you are going through!!! My girls did that ALOT at that age....I remember thinking..why do I even buy 2 of everything...lol. But for Brit & Sid it was just a stage, and they grew out of needing the EXACT toy the other had. I can't remember when they stopped doing that.....right now, they play nice together, usually, we still have the occasional she hit me, she pushed me..etc fights. But that's just normal siblings for ya! I HTHs!!
September 30th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just saw that your twins are almost 4!! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for you as they get older. I am so glad to know its just a stage!! (please let it pass soon!) They are driving me insane.

also I wanted to say welcome to the multiples board!!
September 30th, 2004, 09:50 AM
BritSidMom
Thanks Linda for the welcome!! Yes, they are 4, and are starting preschool on Monday!! I dunno what I will do!!!! hehehe.
October 2nd, 2004, 12:21 PM
Sooo Funny! I saw your post and my first thought was literally "OHHH Linda! " and thats exactly what was going to wright when I saw it,and that's what "BRITSIDMOM wrote - HI. It's been a while since i saw posted, but if you remember our twins are the same age, and mine do this all the time!!!!!!!!! What was really troubling was when my girls would be with other families who had kids more spread apart in age (1,3,5yrs etc.). They would, understandably, impressed the importance of sharing. My girls would fight and I would occasionally step in, but for the most part I would let them "fight it out". I found it's hard to explain to two 1.5 yr olds the principle of sharing. I'm just trying to stress the importance of no pushing and being nice. I hope the fighting over toys etc. will atleast taper off over time- in the mean the mean time I just let it go unless somenone is getting hurt of coarse. I don't kow if this is the best approach, but it's all I can do. Good-luck!! --Get this thier doing it RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife to Mike 9-29-01
SAHM to Identical twins
Emma & Olivia 2-16-03
October 3rd, 2004, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Stacy!
Of course I remember you and your girls! I remember a post about your twins doing that. I will try letting them fight it out. I usually do for a few seconds but they can scream!! I read somewhere that loud noises makes you crave salty crunchy foods cause of noise stress. Boy does that explain alot!!! I'm not usually a chip eater, just never cared for them. But now I eat them.
October 7th, 2004, 06:31 AM
twinsmom26
Hi. My boys are 32 months I think now. Well they were born on 02-02-02 (and there's two of them, lol) and they are just now starting to get a little better with this. To cut back on the fighting of the same EXACT sippy cups, but different color lids I just give them the same color lids and same goes with bowls, lol. They are starting to get a lot better with the sharing thing now thank God!! Maxx has a therapist who comes and works with him for his speech and social emotional and she teaches them both the importance of sharing and I think that has helped us a lot. Now the problem is getting them to share with the older one, they can be so mean to him at times. Anyways good luck and I think I read somewhere that you were pregnant. If so then CONGRATS!!

Oh and sometimes when they fight over the same toy I will just grab a different toy and give it to one of them and whisper to them how much cooler this toy is. Or I distract the both of them with something else. I usually get the dog to bark so they drop EVERYTHING and go to look out the window, lol, then I grab the toy really quick and hide it! I'm such a mean mommy, lol!!
October 7th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL!!! Thanks for the tips! I think I'll try them. They have been better lately, I have no idea whats changed.

Thanks for the congrats!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search