Night feedings for twins!

Forum: Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms and Expectant Moms of Multiples LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Regular
I am curious to see what others have had luck with. I four month old twins. The boy always seems to wake up between 3 and 4am. We have always woke both up to feed them, so we would not be up all night. Recently our Doctor told us not to wake the othe one. It seems like it has been hit or miss on wether she makes it through the night or wakes up an hour later. NAy suggestions?
October 5th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Hello and Welcome to Just Mommies!!!! I am Linda and I have twin boys who will be 20 months tommorrow, boy does time fly!!!!

I don't know how much help I can be here. I don't have the best sleepers. My twins didn't sleep through the night without a feeding until somewhere around 9mnths I don't remember exactly, but my pedi told me to stop letting have that 4am bottle, they didn't need it. but their tummys growled and they cried so I didn't listen.

DH didn't help with night feedings, so I fed the one that woke up first and then would wake the 2nd and feed him. If I didn't then I didn't get any sleep. Is the goal to get her to sleep through the night? I say go by your instinct. If she is waking more nights than sleeping, then maybe I would wake her for a couple more weeks then try weaning her from the night feedings with a small amount of milk and a paci only those times she wakes. I say do what you think is best regardless of what the pedi says. No one knows your dd better than you do. My pedi means well, but she doesn't have any children, let alone twins, so she tells me what the text book says.

That probably wasn't a lot of help, maybe some of the other moms have better advice. But again welcome and I look forward to getting to know you!
October 5th, 2004, 10:40 AM
ranidae
Hi Im Rani and I have 16m identical twin girls.

We always woke both up at the same time, we found if we didn't we never got any sleep. I tried very hard to keep them on a eating at the same time scheduel, if was started in the hospital and I just found it easiest to keep it up at home. I think the longest I ever let it get between them for feeding was 30min, and even then it was generally only that day. They seemed to want to eat together.

Unless it is something life threatening or just something I didn't know I never listened to Dr's advise. They are not the ones at home taking care of the babies and don't normally have a clue, thankfully one of the Drs in our clinic has twins so we get better advise than most. Like Linda said, go with your instincts, pretty much what you feel as Mom is probably the best.
October 5th, 2004, 05:06 PM
BritSidMom
<span style="font-family:Geneva">Welcome Kat Texas! I am Nicole and I have almost 4 year old twins.

Okay, so do you nurse or bottle feed them? My girls were on a 12am, 3am, 6am & 9am, then 12p, 3p,6p 9p...from when they were born till about 3 months. then they starting skipping the 3 am feeding, and going to the 6am feeding. I am trying to remember if they both did that at the same time or not. I am thinking it was one slept the whole way through, then the other did. But anyway, if your dd is waking up more nights than she is sleeping (I think Linda mentioned this) then I would suggest waking her up w/ you ds for a while, until he starts sleeping through. But I would suggest if she is sleeping longer, and waking at say 4, or 5, then I would try to soothe her w/ a paci (if you are using those) and by trying to CIO (cry it out). She may just be used to waking up, and now is when she is learning more to fall asleep on her own. But it's for sure go w/ your instincts..you do know your kids better than any doctor. I know I took half of what my dr told me, half friends and family, threw most of it out the window and did what I felt was right! I HTH's!!!</span>

edited to add color!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search